Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 365130 times)

kofrookie

• New Challenger
  • t('.'t)
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1110 on: November 18, 2011, 08:45:02 PM »
I think I remember reading somewhere that they used 3D models as the basis for their sprites, then retouched them to look more hand-drawn.
Close, but wrong. ;)

They used 3D models as references, and then drew them all out. They don't look hand-drawn, they are hand-drawn.

Ahh yeah, okay, thanks for the clarification.  Either way it suggests they do have models for these characters though!  And rotoscoping might be less time-intensive than doing sprites from scratch, so here's hoping for a dream match version!

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 18, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
  Getting the game tomorrow afternoon just got the confirmation call, and now everything is good with the world.

and so there is finally something i can tell someone here, something that i've been keeping inside for a long long time but no more and here it goes.

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUU you here me FUCK YOUUUUUUU you can mock me no more you merciless bastard so FUCK YOUUUUUU  countdown timer i fucking win im getting the game before you run out  hahahahahahahah

i hope that many of you brothers and sisters get the game soon take it easy.

This man needs a timeout. And hot milk.

You know what mister Reiki you would say something like that of course you would, and why wouldn't you after all you have been taking place on those ranbats right playing the game and all and not just you but all the NorCal and SoCal guys too you lucky bastards but what about us who are just as much a fan as anyone else and yet could not play the game just watch it has been nothing but pain man.

You have been enjoying what we have been waiting for and i mean a long long time my good sir you are very lucky and as far as  time out no my good game man i dont need any but dont make the mistake of thinking that im the only one that feels this way we have been waiting man and i least for me the wait is finally over.

So is only right that maybe now you will have to wait a little while i play sir the king is coming home finally.

this game has been a story of those who have and those who have not play it but now the gates are gonna finally be open to everyone that wants to try it and we have been patiently waiting.

I hope you and your crew from NorCal and STA are ready to come online because now that we will have the game you will find that KOF is not only play in Cali. see you online.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:13 PM »
lol the hype is building up

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:37 PM »
I believe one would say in this situation "I just got told". Touche, good sir, touche.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 18, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »
Are you familiar with the process of rotoscoping? Well, it's when "animators trace over live-action film movement, frame by frame." (Thanks, Wikipedia!) This technique has also been used in video games, such as the original Prince of Persia (most famous example), but also by SNK for Art of Fighting 3. Anyway, I don't know if SNK's approach has a special name, but it's a similar concept.

http://kofaniv.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/info/15th_anniv/2d_dot/art/index.php

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 18, 2011, 09:01:04 PM »
Esaka 96 and Iori 95 are already in the disk for player matches

Music selection must be choosen on the options menu, y can't do like the arcades where you can change track before the matches start

Waifu Material

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 18, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »

Music selection must be choosen on the options menu, y can't do like the arcades where you can change track before the matches start

You couldn't select your track period. It was based on the challenger's first character and what team they were from.

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 18, 2011, 09:07:40 PM »
I believe one would say in this situation "I just got told". Touche, good sir, touche.

Ahh no Reiki no worries is all in good faith, if anything watching you guys go at it in those ranbats has made the wait just a little easier to bear. I'll still show no mercy to you or anyone i come across online but that is more to do with the way I play and not who im playing against, see you all online.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1118 on: November 18, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »
Ok, for the one who asked, Haohmaru appears in the esaka stage after the 4th round

In ranked, you can search matches for region, skill level, and ping level

Thanks for the Info, and the Esaka stage sounds very in-depth, then. Like one of the most complex stages in the game, period. A premium item attached to a DLC character is cool. I can deal with the teasing preview of the stage, before it's fully available; a bit awkward, but even if it's a mistake, it's kind of cool.

Song selection, how does it work?

Is it like in arcade when you have to hold down a certain button? Or is there an option that lets you choose what songs come up?

Unfortunately, it's an option that's set, somewhere in the options menu. I would have liked the "Hold button to get Alt theme" method myself, but maybe the game Cache's the soundtracks or something, and can only have some much loaded at a time, and stay reasonable in loadtimes, or something.

The options are an "A" and "B" track setting. First is for XIII's specific themes, and B is for the classic themes.

When it actually gets to the fight, the music that plays is decided by the challengers first character in a fight, I believe.

WHAT?! The KOF96 Esaka stage is already included????   Or was it from a preview build?

The characters and stages appear to already be on the disk. So getting to see Esaka 96 is a glitch / fun bonus, it seems.

Ohhhh, they are either planning KOFXIV dreammatch to include them as playables or they are already in the process of being developed as playable DLC!!!!!  (I can at least see Botan and Shroom+Rimelo being added to KOFXIII, but no one really knows how far along those characters are ready for either DLC or a KOFXIII/XIV expansion.  I don't think those single sprites are just for icons, they could hint at future plans. ).  Other companies get away with reselling updated versions of their fighting games so I wouldn't mind if they offer these characters through a separate version, or DLC characters, either way they should be added as playables, and the rest of those icon hints too (like Heidern, Adelheid, Mukai, etc.)  

Usually KOF dreammatches bring back villains/characters from those in the saga. so it's really possible they might make previous unplayable story characters playable in a new KOFXIII version or the KOFXIV version that includes just about every major story character from Ash Saga as playables!   :)

Now affinity, fair warning, you know how "Serious business" gamers react to rampant TFTP Fandom, lol. So tread lightly in that respect ;)

Of those characters, I have to wonder. While Rimelo and Shroom are somewhat possible, I don't see them as becoming fighters, personally. They seem more like pestering nuisances, rather than actual fighters. Botan I could possibly see, her puppetmaster abilities could be much like a mix of Chizuru + the partners of Igniz. I'm kinda suprised to see Magaki and Shion, but maybe Botan could bring them back, much as how Igniz uses Krizalid, even after he was killed offscreen in the past (-_-; )

Personally, having her control a variety of characters for the sake of attacks, would be the most efficient way I could see the mostly-non-fighter TFTP members as being "playable fighters".

I wish Chizuru has a pic too... Would be great to have her back, so we could have a sacred treasures team.

I think I remember reading somewhere that they used 3D models as the basis for their sprites, then retouched them to look more hand-drawn.

If that's true perhaps there are models of everyone you posted... which means maybe it's feasible to make them into real playable characters in an update or future installment.

It is reasonable. Unless they skipped a step and just sprited them without modelwork, lol. But it's probably pretty likely that they have models of loads of KoF characters made already... it's the spriting part that's the most difficult and time-consuming!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 18, 2011, 09:10:14 PM »

You couldn't select your track period. It was based on the challenger's first character and what team they were from.

If refer if you use XIII or XI music

Waifu Material

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 18, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
Of those characters, I have to wonder. While Rimelo and Shroom are somewhat possible, I don't see them as becoming fighters, personally. They seem more like pestering nuisances, rather than actual fighters. Botan I could possibly see, her puppetmaster abilities could be much like a mix of Chizuru + the partners of Igniz. I'm kinda suprised to see Magaki and Shion, but maybe Botan could bring them back, much as how Igniz uses Krizalid, even after he was killed offscreen in the past (-_-; )

Just a nitpick, but Shion was never actually killed. At one point, they refer to him as "missing." I'd really to see him return, personally. Very unique moveset. Also some of the best pre-XII animations in the series!

And the Krizalid that appeared in 2001 was apparently a clone. NESTS cloned EVERYONE for some reason or other. NESTS company motto: "If you can't solve a problem with cloning, you're not making enough clones."

affinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 18, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »

so does this confirm, people can actually use them for versus and online play?  Or people just so happened to check the disk data and they really are locked as DLC? 

because as far as I know, KOF95 background can't be used without buying Flame Iori DLC.

So I'm guessing KOF96 background can't be chosen for actual matches until NESTS Kyo DLC is up?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 18, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
You couldn't select your track period.

False. You can select an alternate track using the start button.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 18, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »
96 Kim theme gets my head in the game, but yeah I don't think KOF puts as much emphasis on music as say Guilty Gear or Blazblue which come with a jukebox pre-match. In the end most people set it to random anyway. It is a bit weird that you can only have one set of tracks at a time but I don't see it effecting the experience much.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 18, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »
glad to see im not the only one missing chizuru
anyway with all these preorders and hype i doubt the game will not do more than good which means money which means xiv ...
and like most of u already said a slugfest is the most predictable episode they could do next.
damn guys can u think about a game with tons of our best characters with the xiii mechanics and graphics ?
equal to that would be just a room with angelina valentine sienna west gianna michaels and a real mai shiranui all naked waitign for u