Author Topic: Utah's legendary fighting spirt, is here!  (Read 3458 times)

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
Utah's legendary fighting spirt, is here!
« on: November 05, 2011, 03:47:21 AM »
.......but im not that big of a deal...... anyways, yo dudes im new here but not to fighting games. been playing them since i was a wee lad, and king of fighters has been one of my most favorite fighting games in these past few years and i want to be a competitive fighter for the KOF series. i play 94, 98u, 99, XI, XII, and im planing   on getting  XIII day one! i also play other fighters like garou/FF, SF2/3/4, MvC2/3, TvC, and a little bit of GGx2. ohh and im a controller guy, plan on getting a arcade stick(360) whenever, i like the feel of the controller a bit more(i got a stick for my wii,) so yea.

gamertag - comingfat D

send me a message when ever you feel like having a brawl!
Utah's Legendary Fighting Sprite!
Gtag: comingfat D

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Utah's legendary fighting spirt, is here!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 04:05:24 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel  DR.Howard it's a pleasure to meet you. Also just out of curiosity what controller do you normally use? and do you have a favorite controller type? I ask since I personally prefer specific controllers over others  and am curious if you also have a preference.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 05:31:31 AM »
good question bac. i got fighting games for different systems so yea, here i go.

PlayStation- i kinda dont like playing with a ps controller. the d pad buttons aren't connected and pulling off a dragon punch  and command grabs are pretty tough. the joy stick feels a little more free and loose  then a gamecube,360 controller and doing dragon punch is easy if you practice using a controller. also, rekka kinda sucks with joy stick, if your not calm and cool.

360- i play with this a lot because it feels really comfortable for me. the joy stick feels slightly stiffer and really good for command grab but dashing sucks but for me it feels good and the d pad is, like, a single piece of plastic and it makes it easier to do all kinds of motion(especially for dashing) but command grabs can be a little tricky some times. not a fan of the trigger buttons but you get use to them after playing for sometime. also, rekka kinda sucks with joy stick, if your not calm and cool.

gamecube- only good for TvC and Smash. tried playing guilty gear and street fighter on this sucker and is hard.the joy stick feels iffy. its easy to dash, fireball, dragon punch(iffy) but command grabs are "eh" with this controller. also, rekka kinda sucks with joy stick, if your not calm and cool.

keyboard- AH HELL NO.

arcade stick- arcade sticks feel pretty good.....once you get use to them. is easy to dash and fireball. dragon punch is a tad bit tough but it works. i feel like i play faster too with using my fingers then my thumbs but i get real uncomfortable when playing with a stick(on the finger that push buttons and my forearms) but you get use to it after A WHILE. ohh and one more thing, i cant do command grabs for crap with a stick. also, rekka kinda sucks with joy stick, if your not calm and cool.

so yea, for me i like the xbox360 controller. i like the joystick because its the right balance for me for were its at and the d pad too. im so use to the controller that i can easily switch between the joy and pad  during mid-game to perform a dash or a dragon punch or a grab.

(never  played with a pad, so yea)

Supreme Warrior

• New Challenger
  • Anime Style Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »
Nice ta have ya DR

Hope yo play ya in some Neogeo games via FBA some time.

Sir_Selah

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
Welcome to DC!

Just for kicks do you use the old style 360 controller, new style or a third party?
PSN - Sir_Selah (KoF '95 and XIII).

Batman fights the Riddler while I play unfitting music:

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 05:36:51 PM »
welcome

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »
I agree that the Gamecube controller isn't very good at all for fighting games and I only ever use it for Smash as i've tried using it for the Orochi saga collection and hated it, so now I use the classic controller for it.
For playstation controllers it might just be because of having more experience with it but I feel most comfortable using it over any other controller and I feel the D-pad is pretty good for 3d games, as it's the only thing I ever use for Tekken and when it comes to the analog stick I feel if you are very measured in your movements that it isn't all that hard to use. I don't own a 360 so I don't have any experience with it's controller and i've only played on a keyboard once on a friends laptop playing SF4 and it felt really weird. Finally arcade stick is something i've always wanted to learn but never really spent the time at an arcade to learn it and don't want to buy one unless I already have a firm grasp of it in my head.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »
Welcome to DC :)

Keyboard isn't bad, if it's modded to be hooked up to an actual console controller PCB.  A couple of the fighting game players here have done that and it's kind of cool (gets a lot of attention whenever they go to tournaments *laughs* ).
Old man/bad player

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 12:50:27 AM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel. :)

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »
Welcome to DC!

Just for kicks do you use the old style 360 controller, new style or a third party?

just a plan old 360 controller.

thank you every one for the welcome, yeah boi!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
Welcome DR Howard to DC!  Do you have a ps3 or 360 version?

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 09:26:56 AM »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile