Author Topic: Hello From Chicago  (Read 3119 times)

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
Hello From Chicago
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:15:26 AM »
 Hi, um.. greetings >.< not good at these type of things.

Name is Julius, 19, from Chicago that has like many malls but, only one arcade that's like far away from my house. Although i've been trying to get into competitive gaming, it's kinda hard with no scene, and even more harder to find people. Ofcourse that's a bit of a problem me being a shy person - the bad type of shy that makes you lock up. I mainly play Soul calibur, DOA, Tekken, MVC (only for fun), and just dropped Blazblue all together for the preparation of KOFXIII. Not that I didn't like Blazblue but, was playing to many fighters. I like the KOF series with Ash, and Rock howard being my favorite characters. Tried to have fun with 12 but, the online was just.. Not happening. I'm hoping to be a really great Ash player, even try to make my way to evo 2012 in SC5 and, KOFXIII.

PSN: ScattereDreams.
won't have another 360 til Soul calibur 5 launches. Played SC4 on psn.. Never again with another soul calibur
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:14:55 AM by Light »
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Hello From Chicago
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:39:52 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel Light it's a pleasure to meet you. Out of curiosity how long have you played Tekken? i'm a fan of that series and was just wondering if you still plan on playin TTT2? or are you sticking to KOF 13(not that i'd blame you for wanting to focus on 13).
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 05:51:27 AM »
I've played Tekken since T4. It's my most played fighter now (until KOFXIII). Won't play much of it til TTT2.
Ash Crimson - Rock Howard - Yun-Seong - Amy Sorel - Helena Douglas - Kokoro - Jin Kazama - Alisa Boskonovich - Lili - Yun - Sakura - Karin

Sir_Selah

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 05:53:07 AM »
Greetings new Dream Cancel Broseph (Brosephine?)!

I'm totally pumped for SCV myself! Glad to see they're making sidesteps relevant again ha ha.
PSN - Sir_Selah (KoF '95 and XIII).

Batman fights the Riddler while I play unfitting music:

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »
Yeah, I'm also really excited for Soul Calibur V. Not sure how Daishi's changes will turn out, but it should be interesting at the very least.

Ash is a pretty unique character in KOF. Mind if I ask you what about him you enjoy? And do you know who else will be on your team?

Supreme Warrior

• New Challenger
  • Anime Style Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 07:24:48 AM »
Howdy Light, Glad to have ya aboard.

You happen to play any Neogeo Fighters online?

Light

• New Challenger
  • >.0?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »
Rex Dart: I liked Ash ever since I saw him in KOF:MI Regulation A, but since it only came out in Japan I never got the chance to play it. A big fan of Ash but, never got the chance to touch him until KOFXII. I liked him because, to me he was the troll character and, wasn't like the rest of the Pyro characters. I didn't view him as a good or, bad character since he never really killed anyone (more so just humiliated others).

Team's
Ash, Kensou, Kula

K', Athena, Saiki.

If Rock becomes DLC there will be a team 3 for sure. This may sound wrong but, I think it's good to always learn one top tier character.

Supreme fighter: I had a bunch of old ones on xbl but, it's gone until early next year. Though I think they have them on PSN?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:07:31 AM by Light »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:28 AM »
Welcome to DC!  :)

I def think we could use more Ash players, I think he's got a really flush and interesting moveset and becomes more rewarding the more he's played.

Think we'll all like the console changes for him as he's that much more interesting with proper incentives to use genie and sans coulotte now (all of his seldom used moves really).

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:52:07 AM »
welcome

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 02:31:02 PM »
Welcome to DC :)

I liked him because, to me he was the troll character and, wasn't like the rest of the Pyro characters. I didn't view him as a good or, bad character since he never really killed anyone (more so just humiliated others).
Ash has usurped Chang's role of troll, which is such an upgrade that I hope Ash is able to stick around in future KOFs.
Old man/bad player

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
Not too worried in the near term since they'll be clutching onto every one of those new sprites. Would be awfully surprised if we didn't see him in the next iteration :)

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48:46 AM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel. :)