Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 86885 times)

Coosco

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »
I will definitely try to make it to these meet ups for kof xiii mightfo. As Mortal Kombat and King of Fighters XIII will be the only fighting games I play hardcore. I hate Blazblue but GGX2 is still one of my favorite games to this day. I may not be great at Guilty Gear, but I'll play it anyways.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 01:21:27 AM »
Reiterating that I am hosting both friday and saturday, the 25th and 26th, this week for dat KOF13!
Hope to see metal, yeti, blackjack, dg, and now coosco at at least one of those meetups! Oldboy and I will of course be at both, and probably others like transient and woof who are interested.

I will definitely try to make it to these meet ups for kof xiii mightfo. As Mortal Kombat and King of Fighters XIII will be the only fighting games I play hardcore. I hate Blazblue but GGX2 is still one of my favorite games to this day. I may not be great at Guilty Gear, but I'll play it anyways.

Glad to see another KOF player. If the GG players are around at a meetup you can certainly get that going with them. Sorry to hear you hate blazblue, maybe you just didnt try the right character :P (but nobody has to like any particular game at our meetups, just dont be vocal about other people's games) None of us play mortal kombat any to my knowledge, so I doubt you'd get to play that at meetups, but maybe im just unaware of interest.

If you can come this friday and/or saturday, that'd be good. Bring your controller.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:26:47 AM by mightfo »
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »
Later today I'll be posting saturdays vids in the 02UM forum. We had some really good matches, but I admit that I let mightfo's zoning frustrate me. Even so I feel I did a helluva lot better this time. Stuff I have been working on is starting to come out. I'm excited to see what the future will bring.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
eh, i dunno if you should do that, we're not really of a player level that good 2002 players would want to watch, though i dunno what kind of vids typically get posted there..

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »
Good to hear you guys got a good group going there with DG, keep up the good work guys and I look forward to your KOF XIII vids.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »
SDFJKSDF REKKA KYO

家用版NESTS京全任務視頻...
TAKE MY MONEY, SNK
i wonder if he's going to be released on same day as flames iori

Good to hear you guys got a good group going there with DG, keep up the good work guys and I look forward to your KOF XIII vids.
Thanks. dg will record some of our XIII stuff saturday

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 04:37:53 AM »
Alright, here are the vids.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.60

@Coosco: I play mk. If you bring a copy I'm willing to play it with you.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:53:13 AM by MetalThrashingMadman »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »
eh, i dunno if you should do that, we're not really of a player level that good 2002 players would want to watch, though i dunno what kind of vids typically get posted there..
Dunno about what good 2002 players think, but I like watching all skills levels.  Never know where you might find some inspiration from.  Took a peek at some of them, and I could see the rough framework of good ideas.  Execution and cleanliness of play was obviously lacking (though I'm hardly a maven in either category myself *laughs* ), and MTMM's zombie colors are painful to watch, but hey, it's a starting point to grow from.
Old man/bad player

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
Well at least you can tell they are zombie colors. I admit they look a bit off but that's because I made them on a different tv. It also doesn't help that the color editor is ass. For instance, most characters skin and hair colors are directly related. You will be seeing much better color edits from me in XIII.

As for the actual gameplay, I feel things are really moving along. My defense has gotten much stronger and DG tells me my reactions are much faster. My execution is still sloppy, but I got several combos to go off that I have been consistently failing to do. I still have a tendency to do stupid things out of desperation. Zoning is still a huge problem for me as demonstrated in my matches against mightfo.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 05:53:21 AM »
XIII owns.

will definitely be more clean in XIII than 2002um, dont worry omega, lol

Coosco

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
Alright, here are the vids.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.60

@Coosco: I play mk. If you bring a copy I'm willing to play it with you.
Sweet

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
looking pretty big(keep in mind these are not all players interested in kof13 but most are)

meetups are:

FRIDAY: 6-13 people
people:
me
oldboy
ronin
oso
blackjack
metal

maybe:
eckz
boombox
transient
edge(didnt say which day)
woof, coosco
cheebz

setups:
my360+monitor
myps3+crt
oldboy360+monitor

SATURDAY 7-16 people
people:
me
oldboy
dark geese
metal
woof
coosco
pureyeti

probably:
pfhor
frigid
transient
aloha("for a bit")
blackjack

maybe:
boombox
jet
cheebz
edge(didnt say which day)

Setups will be:
My 360+my tv
my ps3+either metal's CRT which he left here or oldboy's 360
oldboy's 360+opposite ^
and friday, possibly ronin's gg ps2 setup, and on saturday, i think dg is likely to bring a setup
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:03:10 PM by mightfo »

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 08:44:53 PM »
also if you're coming try to bring 2-3 dollars if you think you'll want some pizza, just want people to chip in so that im not bearing the whole cost of like $40 of pizza rofl. but if you dont have money you can still have pizza

and please bring your controllers, especially if you have 360 sticks since we'll have 2 360 setups and 1 ps3 setup which is not the usual and i only have 2 converters
though i might get someone with saiki/billy unlocked on their ps3 to bring their ps3 instead of oldboy bringing his 360 so that we have 1 360 setup and 2 ps3 setups
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:48:08 PM by mightfo »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 09:28:07 PM »
wow that's a lot of people! this weekend is going to be hype

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 03:27:22 AM »
Well at least you can tell they are zombie colors. I admit they look a bit off but that's because I made them on a different tv. It also doesn't help that the color editor is ass. For instance, most characters skin and hair colors are directly related. You will be seeing much better color edits from me in XIII.
It wasn't so much that they looked off as just that I'm personally not a fan of zombie clown colors *laughs* .  And yeah, I remember a lot of characters having really strangely linked colors in the old KOF color editors (like Iori's hair and pants).

will definitely be more clean in XIII than 2002um, dont worry omega, lol
I'll hold you to that *laughs*

And damn, y'all blew up your group pretty quickly!  Anyway, I'm sure there's more this thread can be used for than some old dude cheering for people still playing offline, so I'll try to cut back on the interruptions.  Wish I could try to join in on one of your meets on my way to Mexico for business, but I'm going through Houston and only staying in Texas for a day, so no chance.
Old man/bad player