Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 87963 times)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 01:03:37 AM »
Texas Bar Fights VII coming up in Feb 25

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-25-2012-ucc-texas-bar-fights-tournament-round-vii-plano-tx.152734/

Btw which Melty Blood did you play? Current code or the ps2 version?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:08:43 AM by PureYeti »

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »
Texas Bar Fights VII coming up in Feb 25

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-25-2012-ucc-texas-bar-fights-tournament-round-vii-plano-tx.152734/

Btw which Melty Blood did you play? Current code or the ps2 version?

Current code.
I'll try to go to that tourney, but it depends on school
Also, I wish i went to goons last wednesday instead of straight up forgetting, since I wont really be able to go on wednesdays during the semester.. :/
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2012, 10:09:21 PM »
My night classes helps a lot so I am able to drop by without a problem

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2012, 04:27:41 AM »
So, frigid, jet and I all can't host this week. If anyone else could host on friday/saturday/sunday, that would be awesome. Even if not this week, it'd be good if someone else considered hosting so that we have more backup locations. This is probably going to be quite the busy semester for me. (naturally, i am thinking of a dustloop-dreamcancel combined meetup as usual, but i guess if you guys really want to do a dreamcancel only thing for space reasons or something then it is whatever)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2012, 05:13:45 AM »
I don't mind if you want to combined it and play different games. It doesn't bother me at all

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2012, 07:49:07 AM »
I don't mind if you want to combined it and play different games. It doesn't bother me at all

Are you saying you can host, or just noting you dont mind the "Combined" way we've usually run meetups?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:02 AM »
I'm talking about the combined way for the meetups

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2012, 07:50:03 AM »
Sorry, i wont be able to host again this weekend, semester is starting off rough. I think i will very likely be able to host the weekend after By then, soul calibur 5 will be out(Woo!), and I will have so much pent up hype and desire to play litchi by then that i am probably going to end up crushing furniture again.

But yeah. Hopefully frigid or someone can host this weekend. If not, keep hype for the weekend after~

Also, is anyone putting Mr. Karate on their team? I know metal was considering that.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2012, 08:31:43 AM »
Lol don't you have enough money to buy a new one? I will stick with for casual fights and watching someone else playing Mr karate

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »
I'm only dabbling with mr. Karate a little for fun. Honestly I think he may be too OP for serious competition. That said, I won't hesitiate to use him on fireball spammers.

As for SCV I am super hyped! Game looks like a big improvement to the series. Plus, I can actually use a stick with 3D fighters.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2012, 09:04:41 PM »
Lol don't you have enough money to buy a new one? I will stick with for casual fights and watching someone else playing Mr karate

Yeah, I have a new couch now. :P

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2012, 07:28:39 AM »
I'll definitely host next weekend. Saturday the 4th. Who'd be up for that? KOF, SC5, BB, Melty if those players come, etc~~

I'll try to frontload homework enough so that I also host saturday the 11th, but we'll see.

also, algol's super in sc5 has him sit on you in his throne. god yes

Metal, would DG be able to come that day and bring a KOF setup?

(remember, we're NOT talking about this saturday, the saturday after)

Blackjack, would you be able to come and bring a setup? Might not be used for KOF though depending on how many people come for kof, bb, are interested in sc5, etc.

Metal, bring a ps3 version of sc5 for setup convenience btw, if you can.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2012, 08:11:34 PM »
Well you know I'll be there. Just texted DG and awaiting reply. Bryan should be coming too. He's got some new tricks with Clark so I know he's dying to test them out.

I will indeed have a ps3 copy of SCV so I will bring it.

I have been practicing some pretty crazy HD combos so watch out! I am especially hype for the next meetup.

I can even do a 100% Terry combo now! (Though it takes 8 stocks of meter *facepalm*)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2012, 12:30:20 AM »
Here is another close by tournament coming up in February 19th. Dark Geese will go to this one.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Ffeb-19-2012-d-town-beatdown-umvc3-ssf4ae-soul-calibur-v-tournaman-addison-tx.153355%2F

I probably won't go there because its on a Sunday

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2012, 08:54:29 AM »
Yup, Meetup saturday, my place, 3pm-10pm like usual. Should be an awesome day for BB, SC5, KOF, and if someone brings a setup, Melty. Yeti, Blackjack, Demon, you gonna be there?

Will text people tomorrow and make an expectation/setup list later this week.

By the way, i heard in SC5 you can unlock characters like Algol by playing quick battle against their AIs. So, that may be the best way to unlock everyone.

Well you know I'll be there. Just texted DG and awaiting reply. Bryan should be coming too. He's got some new tricks with Clark so I know he's dying to test them out.

I will indeed have a ps3 copy of SCV so I will bring it.

I have been practicing some pretty crazy HD combos so watch out! I am especially hype for the next meetup.

I can even do a 100% Terry combo now! (Though it takes 8 stocks of meter *facepalm*)

Glad bryan's coming. Hope DG can bring a setup. Thanks for bringing the ps3 copy of sc5. If you get everyone unlocked, consider bringing your PS3 incase whoever brings the 3rd setup(assuming dg brings the second) doesnt have the stuff unlocked on their ps3. (i'll have the 360 version of sc5 tomorrow)

asdfsdfd 8 stock terry combos. i love stupid shit like that.