Author Topic: How to battle zoners  (Read 7762 times)

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
Re: How to battle zoners
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 05:54:44 PM »
I think K' is a fairly decent anti-projectile character too, since his Trigger into  ;fd ;b is two motions and if timed right can negate two projectiles at once.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »
Leona, Benimaru and Athena are good anti-fireball characters.  If you use Baltic launcher wisely you can eat up fireballs and apply pressure while slowly pushing the opponent back.  Also remember earring goes under most projectiles once it hits the ground, you can also use it to trade fbs but the start up time takes a while so its not a good idea. 
If you want to fight zoners with Leona, learn to do V-slasher on reaction to as many things as you can from every part of the screen (including learning the reach of instant tk'ed C and EX V-Slasher).  Fully invincible in the air and fast enough to punish a lot more things than most other moves.  Anything else (aside from straight rushdown) should be secondary to that, since that is how Leona becomes dangerous outside of cr.B range.
Old man/bad player

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »
And don't simply count out Leona's earring bomb due to start up. She recovers fairly fast, and that one antsy player may want to jump in at you, and you can v-slash moon slash, or hell runn under and trip them for reset. against fireball spammy characters a random and I mean bery random and rare ex earring bomb can help out alot. It will go through their fireball and lock them down long enough for Leona to get in and do her thing. At a certain distance grand sabre can catch the startup of certain projectiles. I'm still testing on who, and I'll post it in her thread when I'm done.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:42:47 PM by Siren »
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.

Tropxe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »
So out of interest, when you're fighting against zoners, what's the most annoying things they can do? When you just think "Oh god damn it, it's one of those matches..."
My team so far: Vice | King | Most likely K', Kula or EX Iori

Siren

• New Challenger
  • I'm sorry, can you make the music louder?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 05:21:46 AM »
Pretty much anything I mentioned in my first post. The constant running away can really annoy anyone, and the zoning character played by a smart person knows the proper distances to spam their projectiles at, and how fast they recover. So you may think "Ha, dumbass shot another fireball I'm gonna jump in and punish." Next thing you know you've been dped and now your mad. The most important thing to do is stay calm though. The minute you go all "Ugh not another one of these matches." You start to get irritated and start making mistakes and realize you've lost but that asshole didn't land a single combo on you. You should in turn have the mindset. "Great, another one of these players, time to find out how to exploit this guy and blow him the fuck up! Having that mindset, you should always advance a little faster and you'll see how to beat them.

I made a little lecture there didn't I........ so sorry :)
Leona "That chick from high school you liked but thought she might be a lesbian,
or just a ***, she's in the army now..probably a lesbian"Heidern.