Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354164 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Super Off Topic Thread AE 2012 Plus Alpha edition
« Reply #375 on: February 12, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »
Eh, I couldn't care too much for Whitney. She had a few good hits, has a great singing voice and that's about it.

So...RE:ORC is getting straight TRASHED ON by IGN.  Now normally I couldn't give a rat's ass about anything IGN says...but I'd say it's pretty telling when IGN, a site infamous for kissing the ass of every game during previews, especially ones done by big name companies or big name series, is completely destroying a game during previews with two different accounts of said mediocrity.

Maybe Capcom realized the game wasn't that good...it would explain a bit why they're putting the RE6 Demo in Dragon's Dogma rather than...you know...something in the actual series.

If it wasn't before...think it's a safe bet to ignore the game now.  Sorry Leon, I'll catch you in November.

Doesn't surprise me. I kept telling people that Slant Six never had a good pedigree to begin with. It's Capcom doing the usual "Let's grab a shitty western developer, give them an ass budget and see what happens!!! @_@". Yeah, Crapcom, because that worked the last few times with such great results like, Final Fight Streetwise and Bionic Commando.

Now if I could just get Revelations for my birthday, that'd be awesome!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »
Guys, go to Google Image Search, type in "so whitney houston died", and see the very first pic that comes up.

lol

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »
Eh, I couldn't care too much for Whitney. She had a few good hits, has a great singing voice and that's about it.

So...RE:ORC is getting straight TRASHED ON by IGN.  Now normally I couldn't give a rat's ass about anything IGN says...but I'd say it's pretty telling when IGN, a site infamous for kissing the ass of every game during previews, especially ones done by big name companies or big name series, is completely destroying a game during previews with two different accounts of said mediocrity.

Maybe Capcom realized the game wasn't that good...it would explain a bit why they're putting the RE6 Demo in Dragon's Dogma rather than...you know...something in the actual series.

If it wasn't before...think it's a safe bet to ignore the game now.  Sorry Leon, I'll catch you in November.

Doesn't surprise me. I kept telling people that Slant Six never had a good pedigree to begin with. It's Capcom doing the usual "Let's grab a shitty western developer, give them an ass budget and see what happens!!! @_@". Yeah, Crapcom, because that worked the last few times with such great results like, Final Fight Streetwise and Bionic Commando.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that you went straight from calling out Crapcom to really wanting Revelations for your Birthday?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 13, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »

Am I the only one who finds it funny that you went straight from calling out Crapcom to really wanting Revelations for your Birthday?
he's one of those hipster kids who hates stuff just because it's cool then buys said hated products when nobody is looking

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 13, 2012, 11:11:42 PM »
Calling someone a hipster is so hipster. Oh wait....

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:16 AM »
KoF is for hipsters

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 14, 2012, 05:07:48 AM »
I really hated Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 14, 2012, 05:09:35 AM »
The Game, Movie, or Comic?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2012, 05:33:47 AM »
Movie.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2012, 05:36:08 AM »
Movie.

Oh.  Well Michael Cera has that effect on people these days.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2012, 05:51:30 AM »
it was ok but i think mike cera did a better job than he usually does and he was the only person i who i thought could ever pull off scott pilgrim

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2012, 05:58:32 AM »
Well I haven't watched it myself so I dunno.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2012, 07:01:10 AM »
Sometimes i'm tempted to give the comic a read, but then i pay attention to other things, i guess i'm not that interested by it.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »
Sometimes i'm tempted to give the comic a read, but then i pay attention to other things, i guess i'm not that interested by it.

well your honestly not missing much ive read them all and  its rather predictable

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »
he's one of those hipster kids who hates stuff just because it's cool then buys said hated products when nobody is looking

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Capcom. Ain't anything new for me or anyone else. Just because I hate SFIV, them shitting on Megaman, and being bad businessmen in general doesn't mean I'm not going to buy from them when they actually release something good for a change.

On that note, I'm not being hypocritical, because I'm still not buying SFxTK, RE6 or ORC. They're going to be shit and like RE5, I'll simply refuse to buy it. Plain and simple.