Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354264 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Super Off Topic Thread AE 2012 Plus Alpha edition
« Reply #525 on: February 28, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »
well got my sf x tek special edition payed off and lucky that there will be a midnight release cause of lolmasserect

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 28, 2012, 01:21:45 AM »
And ME3 is what I'll be enjoying while the influx of bitching comes in about SFxT (though there'll probably be plenty of bitching about ME3 as well).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 28, 2012, 01:32:44 AM »
And ME3 is what I'll be enjoying while the influx of bitching comes in about SFxT (though there'll probably be plenty of bitching about ME3 as well).
im gonna hold off on ME3 for a bit i had to turn off my brain to play the second one bioware has certainly become ass as of late

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 28, 2012, 01:56:54 AM »
lol Mass Erect, i'm gonna steal that joke.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 28, 2012, 01:57:42 AM »
How many mainstream games are made these days that don't require you to turn off your brain?  At this point it's a requirement.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 28, 2012, 02:07:33 AM »
i still cant believe what bioware did to dragon age 2 that shit was god awful i dont care what anyone says

also i cant really find any videos of anybody going in depth with the tekken characters on sf x tek i dont know why but that sort of worries me

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:10 AM »
Then you're a terrible searcher.  Level Up Your Game at the LEAST has 4 characters up of King/Marduk and Law/Paul and they'll likely have more up within the week.  Then there's partial reviews by Crackfiend and LPN on other characters as well.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »
Then you're a terrible searcher.  Level Up Your Game at the LEAST has 4 characters up of King/Marduk and Law/Paul and they'll likely have more up within the week.  Then there's partial reviews by Crackfiend and LPN on other characters as well.
well i usually just search on youtube and as of right now im trying to find something on lili

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 28, 2012, 02:27:07 AM »
...Well Lili's one of the characters they haven't really done yet.  Looks like you're gonna be waiting before getting beautiful.

And why am I having the urge to watch competitive Pokemon battling all of a sudden?  Damn it...

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 28, 2012, 06:13:13 AM »
Speaking of Pokemon, I'm so sick of that series. For all the hate that CoD is getting from the "hardcore" community I never once see anyone put Pokemon in its place. Because to be honest, Pokemon is the exact same thing only worse. Both series aren't innovate, yet are praised as such and their only claims to fame are simplifying other games and making them accessible and popular. Both continue to push sequel after sequel with meager updates. I would expect this from a smaller franchise, but this thing fucking prints money and they refuse to shake things up with anything worth talking about. (Anyone that mentions Snap! and Hello Pikachu can suck a dick, because they're abortions and will be treated as such.)

I dunno, I'm just bitter that better series like Dragon Quest Monsters and Shin Megami Tensei keep getting snubbed, even though they're technically better in every way, because people can't get enough of two static, flickering sprites that haven't changed in over a decade.

Also, WHAT DOES IT FUCKING TAKE TO MAKE A REAL FUCKING CONSOLE POKEMON GAME THAT CAN SUCK ME INTO A VAST ECOSYSTEM OF LIFE AND ADVENTURE!??!

Fuck Gamefreak. Bunch of lazy assholes.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 28, 2012, 06:27:40 AM »
Well like CoD, I'm not moronic enough like most people to buy Pokemon games in mass so they never bothered me.  Actually, I've only ever bought one Pokemon game (Emerald) and received another as a gift.  So yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to it now, so I think once I get my 3DS, I'll test the waters again, at the least get one of HG or SS on the cheap, and be good.

And when the hell has SMT gotten snubbed lately?  Like really?  I don't even pay attention to SMT much, except for the asskicking Devil Survivor tends to give me, but it gets plenty of rep, hell Devil Survivor 2 is officially released in a half an hour over here.

Also, like all problems, blame Final Fantasy.  That includes Xenogears in having something to blame.  You hate how the game sucks?  Blame Final Fantasy VIII (this was learned by me the other day, which is why I haven't brought it up at all).

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 28, 2012, 06:49:33 AM »
SMT only has indie cred. Those games barely only get by by word of mouth. I'm not sure if you've noticed that besides the handheld games of recent, these games didn't fare well: DDS1 and 2, Persona 4, DS: Raidou 1 and 2, and NiNE being the biggest flop of all. There's a reason they went bankrupt last year. And speaking of Devil Survivor 2, it almost took an entire year for that game to see the light of day here and will probably sell modestly at best because the DS is almost on a year overlap with the 3DS by now. The only reason there was any interest to begin with was due to Persona 3 and Nocturne's breakout successes.

As for Devil Survivor, the Pierce ability or whatever it's called, the one where you can have physical attacks break through defense, is the most useful ability in the game.

Also, I have a soft spot for FFVIII, I know it's terrible, but I have personal reasons for loving that game and wouldn't have it any other way. Xenogears can go fuck itself for all I care. We did get Xenosaga and Xenoblade anyways.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 28, 2012, 07:06:08 AM »
It's been a while since I played, so I don't remember if I'm even close to getting the Pierce ability.  Honestly, if I decided to play it again, I'd likely have to start over.  DS combines the two RPG sub-genres that I'm really horrible at.  Tactics-style (well...sort of, but having to maneuver around to battle the right enemies at the right time) and Monster Collecting (yeah, I'm not very good at Pokemon either...my capturing foresight is really bad).

FFVIII isn't terrible, I enjoy the game somewhat too (though I never got to finish it...last disc went missing, did see the rest of the game though), I'm just saying, Xenogears is as bad as it was because all the development went into FFVIII.

And right now I'm reading the Screwed by the Networks and Executive Meddling parts of TV Tropes...and I'm about to hit Super Saiyan 2, Gohan-style.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 28, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »
I dunno, if you haven't beat it by now, you're better off with the 3DS version if you can. But the thing with the game is that there's never a point where you're screwed because of the demon auctions. I once got fucked because the final boss in the Law Hero's ending because almost every enemy was strong against physical and I had a lot of heavy hitters. So, I had to grind out the best abilities for about an hour and I scraped by the skin of my teeth. Your best bet is to look up online fusion tables and ability charts. They'll show you how to get the most out of each monster.

But yeah, the game's tough as shit and it's no joke that I count the final boss as the nastiest JRPG final boss I've ever handled. I never thought I'd have to grind, strategize, endure pain, and jihad the fuck outta the boss.

I just plain love the game, you really feel a sense of desperation in every boss battle and there's nothing quite like victory in it.

But yeah, with FFVIII, I know for a fact it isn't a terrible game, but I can agree it has serious flaws. It's a shame that people bash the fuck outta it, because I guarantee they loved the shit outta it when it first came out. I probably like it more than I do because I could identify with the characters much better than the ridiculous cast of FFVII.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 28, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »
Yeah, plus I didn't know what I was doing for the beginning of it so it will probably benefit me for a redo.  Part of me really wants to just hold out on getting a 3DS a bit longer and possibly get a price slash (the main reason I'm getting it is KH3D which probably won't be out until late summer at the earliest short of an EXTREMELY quick localization turnaround) but I might just hedge my bets and take care of the 3DS and everything next week when I go to get ME3.

As for FFVIII, yeah it gets unnecessary hate a lot, but that's par for the course for a lot of FF games short of VI and IX though they're slowly gaining hipster status.  VIII is what got me into FF and RPG's in general so I tend to hold a lot of respect towards it (even though at the time I had no idea how to Junction for shit).  Plus with it being a Nomura project, at least it gets to live on somewhat in future projects...can't say that I was annoyed that Squall decided to change his name to Leon in KH.  It makes his name a bit redundant...but that beats his previous name by a mile.