Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354290 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Super Off Topic Thread AE 2012 Plus Alpha edition
« Reply #540 on: February 28, 2012, 06:34:36 PM »
Speaking of Pokemon, I'm so sick of that series. For all the hate that CoD is getting from the "hardcore" community I never once see anyone put Pokemon in its place. Because to be honest, Pokemon is the exact same thing only worse. Both series aren't innovate, yet are praised as such and their only claims to fame are simplifying other games and making them accessible and popular. Both continue to push sequel after sequel with meager updates. I would expect this from a smaller franchise, but this thing fucking prints money and they refuse to shake things up with anything worth talking about. (Anyone that mentions Snap! and Hello Pikachu can suck a dick, because they're abortions and will be treated as such.)

I dunno, I'm just bitter that better series like Dragon Quest Monsters and Shin Megami Tensei keep getting snubbed, even though they're technically better in every way, because people can't get enough of two static, flickering sprites that haven't changed in over a decade.

Also, WHAT DOES IT FUCKING TAKE TO MAKE A REAL FUCKING CONSOLE POKEMON GAME THAT CAN SUCK ME INTO A VAST ECOSYSTEM OF LIFE AND ADVENTURE!??!

Fuck Gamefreak. Bunch of lazy assholes.

lolno @ the bolded parts

Call of Duty doesn't have a plethora of people making fun of the game for "being childish." Pokemon doesn't have a big group of assholes who think it's the only game worth playing and defend it to the death from those who dare attack it. Nobody I know has, as you said, "praised Pokemon for being innovative."

You are just bitter that Pokemon gets more attention than the series you do like. And that's understandable. We all do that.

But to compare Pokemon to Call of Duty... that's just stupid.

Like you, though, I'd like a console Pokemon game  :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:36:10 PM by marchefelix »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #541 on: February 28, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
Call of Duty doesn't have a plethora of people making fun of the game for "being childish."

Yeah it does.

Or at least, the people that play it.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 28, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »
Call of Duty doesn't have a plethora of people making fun of the game for "being childish."

Yeah it does.

Or at least, the people that play it.

What I meant was that many people consider Pokemon a game that's only for little kids. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that Call of Duty is a children's game!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 28, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »
You assume that most people who give CoD the time of day are completely in their right minds.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #544 on: February 28, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »
I dunno, lotta kids playing fps games these days lol.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 28, 2012, 07:06:33 PM »
You assume that most people who give CoD the time of day are completely in their right minds.

Touche

I dunno, lotta kids playing fps games these days lol.

Unfortunately...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 28, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
The biggest question for a true Console Poke game is...what direction to take?

Also, ROCK DAT SHIT HOMIE.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #547 on: February 28, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »
When I play TF2, it's so annoying hearing a little kid on the mic.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 28, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
I just mute everyone else for ALL games unless I know them.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 28, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »
lolno @ the bolded parts

Call of Duty doesn't have a plethora of people making fun of the game for "being childish." Pokemon doesn't have a big group of assholes who think it's the only game worth playing and defend it to the death from those who dare attack it. Nobody I know has, as you said, "praised Pokemon for being innovative."

You are just bitter that Pokemon gets more attention than the series you do like. And that's understandable. We all do that.

But to compare Pokemon to Call of Duty... that's just stupid.

Like you, though, I'd like a console Pokemon game  :)

The more I hear your arguments the less I think you're sane. People who play CoD don't think it's the only game worth playing just the same as Pokemon players do. You're generalizing the CoD community, because they just as easily play Mass Effect and Halo. What I'm trying to say is that both series lack any meaningful "evolution" and their fanbases could care less because they'll buy it in droves regardless.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 28, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
Though at the least, Pokemon gives us a couple of years between releases, and with remakes and such, it makes it fairly easy to drop in and out of the franchise at will.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 28, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
But we get spin-offs and Pokemon related games like every year.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 28, 2012, 08:25:32 PM »
But we get spin-offs and Pokemon related games like every year.

Which are really easily ignored (unless it's Pokemon Snap...we need more of that) even by those who play the game habitually.

Looking at the actual franchise on the handhelds, oversaturation actually happened more toward the beginning with Yellow and GS coming out within a MONTH of each other and only a year out from R/B.  Crystal came out a year and a half later, and R/S a year and a half after Crystal, which means that the legitimate followups to GS came out over 3 years later.  FR/LG came out a year after that, though being a remake and part of the same Gen, you could've ignored it if you wished.  Emerald came out 2 years after R/S.  D/P came out 2 years after Emerald and FOUR years after R/S.  2 years later is Platinum, a year after that HG/SS (same deal as FR/LG) and then a year after is B/W.

Breaking all of that down, first thing's first, the quickest turnaround from First Two Games to Trio Completion came from R/B into Yellow which happened within a year.  After that it's usually a Year and a Half to 2 Year Wait.  Now, if you ignore the Trio Completers and Remakes, the usual downtime between new Gen Poke games is 4 years, again the exception being RB into GS which happened within ONE year.  If you ignore the first two games and ONLY get the Trio Completers, the gap is again, 4 years outside of Yellow to Crystal which took a year and a half.

Long story short, unless you REALLY want to buy EVERYTHING even when it's not necessary, you'll only have to buy a Poke game every 4 years at best, every 2 at worst which at is core is a lot less douchey than most Sports and Activision games. 

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 28, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »
The more I hear your arguments the less I think you're sane. People who play CoD don't think it's the only game worth playing just the same as Pokemon players do. You're generalizing the CoD community, because they just as easily play Mass Effect and Halo. What I'm trying to say is that both series lack any meaningful "evolution" and their fanbases could care less because they'll buy it in droves regardless.

You got that from just this one argument I've ever done against you? Well, aren't you the wiz at reading people...

You're pretty much right at the end, though...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 28, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
When I play TF2, it's so annoying hearing a little kid on the mic.

thats why you go spy and backstab the little fucker til he starts crying