Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354166 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:MANLY!!! Edition
« Reply #855 on: March 19, 2012, 06:27:13 AM »
No, i got that, I just don't get how that connects with MGS.

It doesn't. I'm comparing it to how Metal Gear went from realism and strong themes to balls-out insanity.

Resident Evil never had anything resembling realism, unless you count humans existing.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 19, 2012, 06:28:19 AM »
No, i got that, I just don't get how that connects with MGS.

It doesn't. I'm comparing it to how Metal Gear went from realism and strong themes to balls-out insanity.

Resident Evil never had anything resembling realism, unless you count humans existing.
and nanomachines

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 19, 2012, 06:30:33 AM »
Yeah well you better hope people develop nanomachines to help you tell less shitty jokes.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 19, 2012, 06:34:17 AM »
If zombies weren't a possibility there wouldn't be a funded organization for it.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 19, 2012, 06:40:49 AM »
Yeah well you better hope people develop nanomachines to help you tell less shitty jokes.
you're a dick

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 19, 2012, 06:43:56 AM »
Shit, didn't know it was a joke (seriously serious here).

Leaving that behind, i just re-watched MGS4 final battle, and man it was epic, i remember when i played it for the first time i cried manly tears.

Yeah, the plots get ridiculous sometimes, but still Kojima manages to make some truly epic moments.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 19, 2012, 06:56:17 AM »
It was pretty epic until they retconned the hell out of every Metal Gear and went through 4 different plot twists before reaching the credits.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 19, 2012, 07:19:03 AM »
If zombies weren't a possibility there wouldn't be a funded organization for it.

I'd think it would be easier to find things that DON'T have a funded organization for it.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 19, 2012, 07:31:18 AM »
so im gonna go buy a game tomorrow but i dont really know what i should get recommendations?

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 19, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »
For PS3? 360? Wii? PC? WonderSwan? FPS? RPG? Action? give us some hints bro.

Anyways, i would get Tales Of Graces F (PS3) and maybe Asura's Wrath for the cheesiness.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 19, 2012, 07:45:12 AM »
For PS3? 360? Wii? PC? WonderSwan? FPS? RPG? Action? give us some hints bro.

Anyways, i would get Tales Of Graces F (PS3) and maybe Asura's Wrath for the cheesiness.
well i have a ps3 360 a above average pc and a wii(i just pirate all my wii games) i might grab tales if i can find it though ive heard graces was kinda meh  and im not paying 60 bucks for a interactive anime

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:32 AM »
I legitimately beat Out of This World earlier today. Good game, has parallels with Dragon's Lair. In that pretty much everything kills you instantly and it's about trial and error. The visuals still hold up and the gameplay is good but there's a 'but'. The SNES version has the best music easily, perfect music and sound effects. But, there's slowdown. Real bad slowdown throughout most of the game. It gets to a point where you desperately need to shoot a guy and nothing happens you just stand there for several seconds which makes a game like this even harder.

The Genesis version has no slowdown, in fact it runs twice as fast as the SNES version. Only the music and sound could make your ears bleed.

Weird trade off.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
I'd think it would be easier to find things that DON'T have a funded organization for it.

There isn't one for nanomachines or Metal Gears, I'll tell you that much.

so im gonna go buy a game tomorrow but i dont really know what i should get recommendations?

Get Yakuza 3. You won't be disappointed. If you want something more recent, Rayman: Origins should be a lot cheaper now, it's probably one of the best games of last year.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 19, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »

Get Yakuza 3. You won't be disappointed. If you want something more recent, Rayman: Origins should be a lot cheaper now, it's probably one of the best games of last year.

...As far as you know >_> <_<.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 19, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »

i already beat yakuza 3 and working on yakuza 4 atm i might pick up rayman though been meaning to get that for a while