Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354182 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Satsuofleaves Edition
« Reply #1050 on: April 09, 2012, 05:40:23 PM »
Good/Bad news: Car died, should be an easy fix though but I was on my final at work for attendance and couldn't get in at all. So yeah, hopefully I still qualify for unemployment. Good news is that tomorrow I'm going in for an interview for a better job.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 09, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
Ugh. RE: Revelations was SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT! I swear I went through the same engine room section 10 times over. This game is so cheap it's ridiculous! There's way too much backtracking, the isn't much to explore, the story is a really bad allusion to The Divine Comedy and the enemies are re-used so much. I love going through entire sections where you only fight one type of enemy.

I was right though, it's a prologue to RE6, because it ends on a twist.

I also sent Castlevania: Lords of Shadow in record time. I'm sorry, I can't play a bad with such shitty framerate and a camera that's constantly wigging out all the time.

BUT! I got Xenoblade!!!!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1052 on: April 09, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »

i freakin love this dudes music

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »
Good/Bad news: Car died, should be an easy fix though but I was on my final at work for attendance and couldn't get in at all. So yeah, hopefully I still qualify for unemployment. Good news is that tomorrow I'm going in for an interview for a better job.

Good luck with the interview.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 09, 2012, 08:45:45 PM »
I was right though, it's a prologue to RE6, because it ends on a twist.

Now I'm going to watch some playthroughs because I don't own a 3DS

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 09, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »
We'll put down Revelations as a Youtube Game.  Ironically putting it in the same group as Assassin's Creed: Revelations (though I do enjoy the MP on it). 

VG companies, take note.  Putting Revelation as part of the name of your game is a jinx.  Just ask Tomb Raider.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 10, 2012, 04:08:30 AM »
What they mean by "Revelations" is revealing loose threads, but only barely.

The only thing is that I actually enjoyed AC:R though. Even if it does tread the exact same ground as Brotherhood, at least it kept mixing things up and don't have issues decided whether it should be one genre or another. It just makes me wonder why they didn't just keep ACR as a 3DS game like they normally intended.

I do hope that KH3D doesn't fall in this same trap. I do want to see that game be the real deal.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/22/mass-effect-3-gears-of-war-3-and-why-reviewers-fail/

This is definitely what I'm talking about. This is why I don't pay attention to "professional reviewers" anymore. How did people just somehow forget about the bad parts of stuff like ME3, RE:R, GoW3 (I love it, but you can't tell me the writing is any good), Heavy Rain, LA Noire and etc. etc.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:15:11 AM by Proto Cloud »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 10, 2012, 04:15:53 AM »

found this to be a bit funny

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:58 AM »
What they mean by "Revelations" is revealing loose threads, but only barely.

The only thing is that I actually enjoyed AC:R though. Even if it does tread the exact same ground as Brotherhood, at least it kept mixing things up and don't have issues decided whether it should be one genre or another. It just makes me wonder why they didn't just keep ACR as a 3DS game like they normally intended.

I do hope that KH3D doesn't fall in this same trap. I do want to see that game be the real deal.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/22/mass-effect-3-gears-of-war-3-and-why-reviewers-fail/

This is definitely what I'm talking about. This is why I don't pay attention to "professional reviewers" anymore. How did people just somehow forget about the bad parts of stuff like ME3, RE:R, GoW3 (I love it, but you can't tell me the writing is any good), Heavy Rain, LA Noire and etc. etc.

I know what they mean, it still seems to be a jinx.

And I didn't mind AC:R (especially since I got it on Christmas Discount at Gamestop by sheer luck), but...it just could've been better.  City didn't flow as well, free run wise as previous games.  Sofia as Ezio's love interest seemed really forced.  Dungeons weren't as good.  Sword fights didn't seem as good.  idk, didn't click for me really, though I'll say it again, I really enjoy the multiplayer.  Wish I had a team to run with, but it's whatever.

Also, KH3D is making it tough on me...since it's out in Japan now, it's complete radio silence at the moment.  I'm praying I don't accidently run into a spoiler. 

And why would anyone truly listen to professional reviewers?  There are times it's fine, but only when the review itself is comprehensive and makes sense.  But you should still make your own opinions.

As for ME3, honestly I didn't find many flaws in the game, other than the ending obviously.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 10, 2012, 05:16:12 AM »
I dunno, maybe I'm a bit biased being a history nut and all, but I do agree that there are those issues, but they're mostly because the formula has kind of run its course. I really do hope that ACIII mixes things up for the better.

But my problem with reviewers is that people hang on their every word and people are too stupid to wise up. It makes me mad because at least film critics have standards. It bothers me how the reviewer can just pass a review without even finishing most of the game and give it a 10/10 without even telling you that he didn't finish it. I'm sorry, but you can't tell me that when there's something as glaring as a bad ending, that at least most reviewers would point that out and have to tell you that. I'd guarantee you that film critics would be pissed and every one of them would call the film out on it. period.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 10, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »
I dunno, maybe I'm a bit biased being a history nut and all, but I do agree that there are those issues, but they're mostly because the formula has kind of run its course. I really do hope that ACIII mixes things up for the better.

But my problem with reviewers is that people hang on their every word and people are too stupid to wise up. It makes me mad because at least film critics have standards. It bothers me how the reviewer can just pass a review without even finishing most of the game and give it a 10/10 without even telling you that he didn't finish it. I'm sorry, but you can't tell me that when there's something as glaring as a bad ending, that at least most reviewers would point that out and have to tell you that. I'd guarantee you that film critics would be pissed and every one of them would call the film out on it. period.
to be fair im gonna assume EA toped of a lot of peoples wallets with ME 3

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 10, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »

Captivate Embargo down, time for some new shit RE6 styled.

A few things to take note of.  Any doubt of Sherry being Sherry is now out the window.

- The mystery merc is now known to be Wesker's "son" (with this being an RE game, who knows what the hell they actually mean by that).

- Ada has become a lot more trolltastic.

- Leon vs. Chris...the age old rivalry shall finally come to a head.

- I find it funny...for the first time it seems that Leon hasn't completely lost his mind when it comes to Ada...unfortunately he happens to be in the same room as a pissed off Chris.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 10, 2012, 06:17:26 PM »
so how bout that dmc trailer

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 10, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
so how bout that dmc trailer

Useless like the game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222619p1.html

More info on RE6.  Wesker Jr's name is Jake Mueller.  And Ada was the one that ran a train on Chris' BSAA team 6 months before RE6 so...yeah, considering how pussy whipped Leon tends to be around her, they'll be lucky to not kill each other by the end of this.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 10, 2012, 07:40:56 PM »

- The mystery merc is now known to be Wesker's "son" (with this being an RE game, who knows what the hell they actually mean by that).

The son stuff was mention in re5 I think. The missing BOW who were able to escape