Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354613 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1080 on: April 11, 2012, 04:28:54 AM »
In other news, i remember seeing in ¿this thread? a picture of possible characters for Capcom x Sega x Namco. Well, Famitsu confirmed some chars:

http://andriasang.com/con0lk/project_cross_zone_details/

The mysterious collaboration between Sega, Namco Bandai and Capcom has been revealed on the pages of Famitsu this week. As many speculated based off recent trademark filings, the 3DS game is titled Project X Zone (pronounced Project Cross Zone).

Project X Zone is a strategy RPG featuring characters from the three makers. According to Sinobi, which gets Famitsu in advance, the characters, in general, team up in pairs for fighting scenes.

Characters are listed here in their pairings:

Capcom
Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0)
X and Zero (Mega Man)
Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)

Sega
Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)

Namco Bandai
Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)

Good to see Demitri back, even if it's in a game like this.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 11, 2012, 04:47:29 AM »
Okay, a couple of things.

One, what's with the obsession with the word Cross now?  Though at least it sounds better for this title.

Secondly, hey look, X actually made it in a game as himself.

And Lastly, exactly when do we call Xiaoyu a creepy stalker?  Because she's really getting to that point right now.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 11, 2012, 05:06:49 AM »
Seems they have to focus on the story because the gameplay may just be a load of bullshit. I gave up on seeing the amount of awful clichés on that trailer. I'll pass. Last thing I need to do is taint my image of both Ada and Leon.

*yawn* Please man, RE has been about cliches since day 1.  And the game play won't maybe be a load of BS, just assume it will be.  At this point, it's best to be cynical about ALL games.

Because 4, 3, 2, 1, Code Veronica had this dumb bullshit. Plus, Wesker Jr. Dude, you need to lay off the RE dickwagon for a second, because I don't remember tired action movie cliches in the previous games. Honestly, it looks like an awful Micheal Bay movie.

I'm sorry, but after that whole thing about how "survival horror" doesn't sell from Capcom. This series can go fuck itself. If I wanted to play Call of Zombies, I'd grab Black Ops for 10 bucks.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 11, 2012, 05:20:06 AM »
Hmm, creepy mansions, the foreign looking guy being the betrayer, shit hitting the fan on the first day of work, falling for a girl that's shady as hell, scientist becoming a slave to his own work, Russians being dicks, guy and girl falling for each other in hell, one of said two ending up dying confessing said love, hell most of Leon's dialogue in RE4.  When it comes to cliches in regard to story, RE's been doing it for a while. 

It's not being on its dickwagon, if anything, it's the opposite, it's knowing the story has been shit since day 1, and that tbqh, REs 1-3 weren't that good at all, CV was decent.  RE4 was great, and of course, we all know the mediocreness of RE5.  RE as a series has aged HORRIBLY.  Arguably, RE4 is the only RE game in the ENTIRE SERIES worth going back to on the strength of its single player (for all of RE5's wannabe Gears fest, at least Mercs was fun, so that lives for MP).

If the story is ass, the gameplay better be worth it, and until RE4 (MAYBE CV), RE's gameplay was never worth it (at least for today's standards).  I can get creepy atmospheres and crap from horror movies or some shit (horror...not slasher), and at least with those I don't have to deal with shitty ass camera angles and tank controls that try to force a feeling of dread on you but ultimately lives a bitter taste of frustration when it takes 20 seconds just to actually aim your damn gun.

If we're going by today's standards, which at this point you should because I don't really give a shit about how revolutionary games were when I was 8, RE as a whole is an AWFUL franchise with one, maybe two bright spots in a series worth of shit.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »
Hey Saitsu...

When are you going to change your sig?

I'm tired of seeing "403 Forbidden blah blah blah" where your pic of NESTS Kyo used to be. And I'm sure other people are too...

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »
^--- *raising hand*

Actually i see that godammed yellow frog.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 12, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
my sig is pure win

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 12, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
^Too bad not everyone can understand what it says.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 12, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »
Well I'm too damn lazy to change it right now until I find a replacement.  Unless you guys want to find and/or make a replacement for it, live with it for now.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 12, 2012, 09:36:17 PM »
^Too bad not everyone can understand what it says.
you cant understand it because you aren't awesome

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 12, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
So you definitely can't understand it.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 12, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »
So you definitely can't understand it.
i will destroy you

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 14, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »
A few hours for the Legend Of Korra to premiere. Get your bodies ready.

Ps.- I know the first 2 episodes are floating around the net, and even i got them, but didn't watch them 'cause i want to do it in HD.

Ps2.- Nickelodeon will air them in HD too, right? right?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 14, 2012, 03:14:33 AM »
Uh, idk Nick's HD policies, and even if I did, I can't watch them in HD so I don't care.  Probably will look beautiful in HD though.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 16, 2012, 12:21:57 AM »
Yeah , Avatar: LoK was pretty good, at least the first 2 episodes. Just wanted to say that.