Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354307 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1125 on: April 19, 2012, 05:21:04 AM »
While that's true, I don't see many people on the team capable of growing into it other than maybe KF, though if KF became the leader, that'd be pretty awesome.  I think a lot of people watching the show take him for granted or think he's annoying.  If anything I think his character makes complete sense.

And yeah you're right, besides most members of the team don't have the all encompassing ego to call out Stark for being the leader unless he starts proving detrimental.

And I accidently saw something that partially spoiled KH3D for me...I'm praying I forget it by the time it comes out, but it's gonna be hard.  Why the hell was that video in my recommended anyway, I've only seen like two KH3D Youtube videos, and those were the trailers.  Anyway, yeah...from the title I saw (since I didn't see the actual video) and my actual faith...KH3D will be IMPOSSIBLE to skip over.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 19, 2012, 05:29:38 AM »
Yeah, I think that'd be great for Kid Flash, because I don't like how he's basically the typical dorky character. If they made him into a leader and as a result make him grow out of his annoying behavior that would be pretty good.

As for KH3D ouch. I'm pretty sure it doesn't suck as much as having the ending of FF7 spoiled by having your friend beat the final boss in a sleepover or having someone accidentally tell you the super awesome twist of Silent Hill 2. (That one still pisses me off, because it's actually a really good one.)

Also, the Heavy Rain ending made better.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 19, 2012, 05:41:27 AM »
Well he's already growing out of his "annoying" behavior but I could understand it before.  He's a teenager that hasn't had anything supremely terrible happen to him (at least prior to joining the team).  Compare him to everyone else on it (other than Rocket who we're not sure about yet) and he has nothing to angst about really.  And things like flirting with Megan was just normal teen crap, which he quickly discarded when he found out she's dating Connor (actually, what's more surprising is that Connor didn't rage at him).  He has a calm head in battle, and is stunningly intelligent.  More I think about it, the more I think he SHOULD lead the team actually.  With his experience, growth, and the fact he's the least likely to let his "shipping" distract him from his job (the verbal beatdown he gave Artemis a couple eps ago proved that), he could do well.

And yeah...not fun knowing that.  I don't actually know the ending or anything...I just accidently saw what the final boss will be, but unfortunately unlike pretty much EVERY OTHER KH FINAL BOSS (except 358/2 Days technically, if we're not counting Riku as the FB), this one completely muffs finding out the development of the game.  While I dont' know why the FB is the FB, and I wonder how the hell we'll get to that point, I doubt it will be as shocking now unless I somehow forget.  Like seriously, up to this point every KH game final boss doesn't really spoil anything.  Not Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, not Xemnas, not Marluxia, not Xehanort, not Riku...maybe Data Roxas in Re:Coded but that doesn't count.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 19, 2012, 05:52:22 AM »
I wouldn't say he's completely out of his immaturity yet, because like you've said, they've cut out situations where he would be. Though after that heart transplant episode and VR mission thing, he's starting to take things a little more seriously. I do like that he isn't angsty, he's really smart, obvious the science expert but whole dork thing needs to go and being a leader will be able to push him to the limits. Because up until now he hasn't really been pushing the limits of his powers and abilities. And if he's anything like Flash he can get pretty ridiculous.

Man, this ridiculous amount of fanservice on the new Lupin anime has me worried. I fear it might be falling into the trap of every anime in the last few years and putting everything into the ecchi department. I like fanservice as much as anyone else, but c'mon I want to see some serious stories already. I haven't been able to see anything since High School of the Dead (and even that was loaded with FS too) and that on hiatus right now. Japan needs to step their shit up, this is getting out of hand.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 19, 2012, 06:03:08 AM »
Well like we said before, becoming the leader means you'll need growth.  I'm going on the assumption that if he's made leader, they'd have him grow into the role as well.  As for not pushing his powers, he does have to be wary of doing so, there's a reason the Flash didn't do it until he was absolutely desperate in JLU.  Push it too far, and you might as well resign yourself to an early grave.  And he should be the same (as I believe the JLU Flash was ALSO Wally West) so yeah, the potential is there.

And, correct me if I'm wrong I'm not a huge Lupin fan, wasn't the title of the new Lupin anime a dead giveaway it was gonna be filled with Fanservice?  At least that's what I gleaned from what I've seen from others talking about it.  Like I said, I was never really big on Lupin, the most I've watched it was when I was up early in the morning and it happened to be on before Detective Conan (which I stopped watching because...come on, end SOMETIME...).

Also I'm enjoying the Green Lantern:TAS.  I know a lot of people weren't big on it because of it being CGI, but honestly I forgot about it after like...episode 2.  The only thing is...the whole Aya thing is REALLY damn similar to EDI in Mass Effect.  If she starts cracking jokes, Bioware should lawyer up.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2012, 06:04:26 AM »
Blacklight Retribution is pretty bad ass. Plus it's F2P and it seems really balanced so far. Only thing I have to figure out is what is the best way to kill mechs.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2012, 06:13:40 AM »
Well like we said before, becoming the leader means you'll need growth.  I'm going on the assumption that if he's made leader, they'd have him grow into the role as well.  As for not pushing his powers, he does have to be wary of doing so, there's a reason the Flash didn't do it until he was absolutely desperate in JLU.  Push it too far, and you might as well resign yourself to an early grave.  And he should be the same (as I believe the JLU Flash was ALSO Wally West) so yeah, the potential is there.
Yeah, but you don't have to push that far. Flash can do some pretty crazy shit without having to resort to the near death Speedforce debacle he had when faced with Luthor.

And, correct me if I'm wrong I'm not a huge Lupin fan, wasn't the title of the new Lupin anime a dead giveaway it was gonna be filled with Fanservice?  At least that's what I gleaned from what I've seen from others talking about it.  Like I said, I was never really big on Lupin, the most I've watched it was when I was up early in the morning and it happened to be on before Detective Conan (which I stopped watching because...come on, end SOMETIME...).]And, correct me if I'm wrong I'm not a huge Lupin fan, wasn't the title of the new Lupin anime a dead giveaway it was gonna be filled with Fanservice?  At least that's what I gleaned from what I've seen from others talking about it.  Like I said, I was never really big on Lupin, the most I've watched it was when I was up early in the morning and it happened to be on before Detective Conan (which I stopped watching because...come on, end SOMETIME...).
Not really, the title is there because it's supposed to be the story of how Lupin met up with Fujiko. It doesn't translate Fujiko's Tits Gaiden. I just hope it doesn't suck because I'm a big fan of Lupin and there's debate on Japanese forums of whether the series is worth it without the tits.

Also I'm enjoying the Green Lantern:TAS.  I know a lot of people weren't big on it because of it being CGI, but honestly I forgot about it after like...episode 2.  The only thing is...the whole Aya thing is REALLY damn similar to EDI in Mass Effect.  If she starts cracking jokes, Bioware should lawyer up.
That's good, maybe I'll give it a try, since I've always been interested in GL but never was quite able to keep up with the various stories, Blue Latern, Sinestro Corps and the different GL heroes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:24:06 AM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:24 AM »
Yeah that's true, let's hope we see it.  Without the Fate Helmet, they'll have to use something else for those desperate situations.

And yeah, i guess that kind of sucks for Lupin.  But I'm kind of ignoring it, I'm just trying to catch up on anime I missed back in the day (or I watched and I can't remember because I was 8).  Finished up Outlaw Star, all Tenchi series other than that spinoff (my head hurts from the OVAs...), and Prince of Tennis.  I might hit the Gundam next, or go into some of Biobooster's recommendations.

And yeah, it's solid for now.  Nothing terribly amazing mind you, but it's solid.  Just wish Razer wouldn't stay so damn stupid.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:12 AM »
That reminds me, I gotta do the same, except for Gundam Wing and Reboot. Never finished them entirely and always been meaning to. My problem is that I'm more concerned about handling my ever growing backlog of video games that is now well over 25 games. I need to stop shifting games all the time when I'm bored or get stuck and just finish them.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:31 AM »
Shit, actually I need to finish those two too.  And I also have a backlog of games...Dead Island is growing increasingly annoyed at me for leaving it unfinished half way, and Dragon Age I barely started.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33:34 AM »
It's funny it's gotten so bad that that's basically why I'm so stingy with games now. I don't have time for shitty games or RPGs that waste my time (Disgaea, I'm looking at you). I've gotten to the point where my priority is to finish the games and if it pisses me off enough I shelf it indefinitely or trade it in. Which was the case with LA Noire, couldn't stand how stupid and boring the game was and how it didn't even compete with a game like Ace Attorney that had even thought it had a budget 100x its size.

It definitely doesn't help that I'm a compulsive buyer. I'll just have to shit on games harder from here on out.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 19, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
Well I try to only buy games I know I'll either finish eventually, or just to finish a collection (looking at the DMC games...before they decided to release an HD collection, FUCK...just like the MGS series for me too, though I owned those on release).

Like...my next buys at this point would be KH3D for sure, and MAYBE Anarchy Reigns.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »
I should definitely start buying to finish, but damn I'm now finishing two games that I bought 2 years ago. -__-

I think I'll skip out on Dragon's Dogma for now and focus on The Last Story, KH3D, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, ACIII and any fighters that come during the year. And that'll be that. (Hopefully.) Especially because I need a car badly.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 19, 2012, 06:58:11 AM »
Well if I'm speaking for the rest of the year, I guess I can add ACIII to the list and...idk if I'll get any other fighters.  Maybe TTT2.  And maybe RE6 (hey, hate on the story or campaigns or whatever, they haven't failed to put on a good Mercenaries mode, and now we get it from the start).

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 19, 2012, 07:05:30 AM »
I can juggle fighters no problem and I'm going to end up focusing on KOFXIII and P4U exclusively. I don't mind playing Skullgirls, GGXXAC+ and TTT2 casually because I never really intend to dominate in those games anyway. I think SG has a ways to go, GG is too much work and I suck at Tekken but I love it to death.

I'll probably rent RE6 because of the 6 player co-op if they actually go through with it, if they don't. Fuck it. I'd beat the game once to see how stupid the plot gets and to piss off my friend Johnny with Dom Gears jokes the entire way.