Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354330 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1140 on: April 19, 2012, 11:34:06 PM »
Family Friendly Chinatown Fair?  My god...I fear for lives.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 19, 2012, 11:56:29 PM »
Start crying:

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 20, 2012, 06:30:58 AM »
ghost recon FS beta is pretty good got a few annoying things but still pretty good

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 20, 2012, 06:44:48 AM »
Can't wait for DBZ Kinect to be in EVO finals. Just imagine Daigo winning after parrying 15 ki blasts and charging a spirit bomb for 15 episodes. HYPE!!!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 20, 2012, 06:54:04 AM »
i guess that jaylen kid can finally become a super sayian

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 20, 2012, 07:06:52 AM »
You know, i used to be a HUGE DB and DBZ fan (not going to mention GT), but since the PS2 era and thanks to the tons of games i finally realized how shitty the show is.

In a series where fighting is the main thing, most fights consist of a bunch of superfast punches and kicks, beams and lasers from hands, it lacks variety of moves. And it gets worse as the series progress (maybe excluding Gotenks, he made some original moves) where it turns to whose character got the bigger penis.

Oh well, DBZ Kinect for EVO.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1146 on: April 20, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »
What about the original DragonBall, back when skill and technique mattered instead of numbers generated by a device?

DaBakerMann

• New Challenger
  • Shake N Bake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 20, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
Im questioning how long it will take before someone kicks the TV playing the DBZ kinect game. Anyways, the diablo 3 beta looks sweet ;)
XBL: DaBakerMann hit me up on KOF XIII,SSFIV or UMVC3

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 20, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »
The Original Dragonball was overrated too.  The entire DB and DBZ series were mindless fun, which isn't a bad thing at its core, but if you want any meaningful depth or actual semblance of quality from them you're in the wrong place.  It's not bad though for a nostalgia trip or two, and individual scenes still radiate a good aura...no pun intended.  Though you could always think of DBZ as a parody to most Shounen anime...then it comes off a lot better randomly.

Though now we know why they made Ultimate Tenkaichi the way they did...it was a setup to this.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 20, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »
im pretty glad atlus is going to help out with dragon crowns production it's one of the few reasons why i want a vita

also anyone else want next crack at the thread title?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 20, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
I still think Dragon Ball isn't overrated, because it never had the chance to, unless you're talking about in Japan. It was funny and not over the top like DBZ is. As for DBZ, it really is overrated, but it's a lot of great, dumb fun. I just think that once the Cell saga kicked in, things started getting stupid fast. Honestly, I still have great memories of the series and still think it's one of the greats.

Yeah, I want Dragon's Crown too, but that Vita is still too expensive.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 20, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
What I mean is, I think it's getting...I don't want to say nostalgia overrating, but I guess backlash overrating?

Closest thing I could relate it to is FFVI and FFIX getting a lot of new people proclaiming its greatness in lieu of turning their backs on FFVII and FFX, only you know, a lot less spiteful.  They suddenly get more praise than they initially deserve.  Not hating on those games at all, I think they're great for as much as I've seen them and haven't been able to really play them (come on, it's REALLY hard to want and go play FFVI when damn near everyone knows its story already).

But yeah, DBZ has decent moments, and there are times I'm surprised at it.  Up until the Buu Saga, there weren't that many Deus Ex Machina moments that I could think of.  Hell, actually if you think about it, most of those moments were on the Villain's side.  And I used to be a lot harder on DBZ, until I realized two things.  One, it's good as mindless fun.  And two, Toriyama was pretty much forced to take it a LOT longer than he wanted to and eventually (and unsurprisingly) he stopped giving a crap.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 20, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
I don't know about you, but FFVI can never be overrated. I played it and it's tied for first for my best RPG list. It's just that good. Yeah, everyone knows how the story goes, but it really is about the experience, the moments and the music. As for FFIX, it's a bit overrated. I liked it, but I never really liked Kuja as a villian, the characters were kind of cheezy like that food monster thing. Also the ending boss debacle was atrocious and poorly planned and the skill system was kind of dumb. I think people overrate it in retrospect because of its throwbacks to older FFs before nixing TEH CRYSTALZ!!! I dunno about you but people still love VII and X a lot regardless. A vocal minority can't set back that the entire country of Japan thinks X is the best game ever made.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 20, 2012, 09:53:39 PM »
I was throwing up examples, I don't really have an opinion on VI because I haven't played it myself, same with IX.

And I never said it was a vocal majority either, I firmly accept that I'm in the minority when it comes to DB and DBZ.  I won't comment on the FF thing because...well like I said, I haven't played VI and IX to give an actual relevant opinion on the matter.  I was just saying that there will be eventual overpraise (or overhate) of something after time of being in the spotlight for too long.

EDIT:  Also, plenty of new things to learn from Avatar: The Legend of Korra.

-Aang was 32 when Tenzin, his youngest son, was born.

-Zuko, 87, is still alive.  He turned over the position of Fire Lord to his daughter however.

- Cars in the Avatar World are called Satomobiles named after the creator of them in the Avatar world, Hiroshi Sato.

-Korra is the first person to ever tame a Polar Bear-Dog, said creatures used to be feared by the Water Tribes.

-There seemed to be some kind of military force called the United Forces, likely drawing manpower from all Nations, but there's nothing much on it.

-Also a company called Cabbage Corp...can't wait to see how that pans out.

-Mako and Bolin formerly lived off the street with a kid named Skeecho.  I'm guessing Pro-Bending was their way out.

It's interesting, Zuko was the eldest of Team Avatar and he's still alive, along with Katara.  There could be some side characters still alive as well (we know from Katara's speech that Sokka's dead, and the way Lin acts, I doubt Toph's still around).  Can't wait.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:58:20 AM by Saitsuofleaves »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 21, 2012, 07:32:29 AM »
Spoilers option dude, ah who am i kidding? i would had read it anyways, with or without spoilers.

-Also a company called Cabbage Corp...can't wait to see how that pans out.