Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354245 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1185 on: April 24, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »
Yeah cause they're Dream Matches.

No, because they are the most competitive (Neo-Geo) KOF games.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 24, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »
^^ Same difference. Don't pester if you're going to be a sperglord.

A what?

i remember when this thread used to be fun and full of laughs now it's just fighting gamers being fighting gamers

I totally blame all you guys for... well, being yourselves.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 24, 2012, 07:29:20 PM »
i remember when this thread used to be fun and full of laughs now it's just fighting gamers being fighting gamers

Sorry for trashing the room Mr. Xxenace......... *grumble grumble* *kicks dirt* ..... but he started it :p

No, because they are the most competitive (Neo-Geo) KOF games.

Fair enough. Then explain to me why big market KOF playing areas like China are preferring KOF 98UM and 2002UM over XIII when XIII has better balance, better graphics, stronger combo system, and is played on the exact same arcade system?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:07:58 PM by Mr Bakaboy »
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 24, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »

A what?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sperglord

"Someone who feels the need to be correct and validate themselves by stating facts or truisms regardless of circumstance, despite being completely socially inept at gauging exactly how much of a nobgobbler this makes them."

Learn something new every day.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:22:27 PM by Proto Cloud »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 24, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1190 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:13 PM »
Then explain to me why big market KOF playing areas like China are preferring KOF 98UM and 2002UM over XIII when XIII has better balance, better graphics, stronger combo system, and is played on the exact same arcade system?

98UM and 2k2UM are on a different arcade system than XIII.

China will probably play XIII when Climax comes out.

Console gaming isn't nearly as big in Asian countries where arcades still thrive.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 24, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
98UM and 2k2UM are on a different arcade system than XIII.

China will probably play XIII when Climax comes out.

Console gaming isn't nearly as big in Asian countries where arcades still thrive.

I could have sworn that KOF UM series is running off a Taito Type X and so is XIII. what are they running off of then. So China is going to go crazy and but up a ton of the 200 units they are going to sell worldwide? KOF XIII is an arcade game right? So the last comment is for........ I'm lost.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »

"Someone who feels the need to be correct and validate themselves by stating facts or truisms regardless of circumstance, despite being completely socially inept at gauging exactly how much of a nobgobbler this makes them."

I'm just laying it down how it is and your facts from your point of view are just plain wrong.

TL;DR. I don't feel like reading and I'm not exactly a fan of your posts. I was just posting the facts man. I've kept track of NPD numbers,

I'm stopping now but the stuff keeps writing itself.  Sorry.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1193 on: April 25, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »
I could have sworn that KOF UM series is running off a Taito Type X and so is XIII. what are they running off of then. So China is going to go crazy and but up a ton of the 200 units they are going to sell worldwide? KOF XIII is an arcade game right? So the last comment is for........ I'm lost.

98UM and 2k2UM both run on TaitoTypeX, KOFXIII runs on TaitoTypeX2.

98UM was ported to PGM-2, which is much cheaper hardware, and it is also available on Taito's Nesica X Live, along with 2k2UM.

Obviously since KOFXIII had updates in the console version, there isn't gonna be much competition for the game since the arcade version is now obsolete. Look at Street Fighter IV, same thing happened when Super came out on console, game dropped off the radar in Japan, despite still being present at SBO that year, nobody cared about vanilla SF4 anymore. It wasn't until the new arcade release the game picked up steam again, which is what Climax will address.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 25, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »
Okay thanks for clearing up the arcade thing. Wasn't KOF XIII out since 2010? So, what caused the other countries not to touch KOF XIII in the 1st place? I mean the Raiden bug was nasty, but there has always been a big buzz about XIIi. Where's the decision not to pick up XIII coming from? Money wise I hear 02UM is big there and from what I'm getting of your post that was not ported to the cheaper hardware. Street Fighter IV vanilla had the big fanbase when it was just an arcade title from what I hearrd (not 100% on that cause never kept up on foreign sales figures).

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 25, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »

A what?

You don't have to worry about that. I'm not usually like that.

I'm just laying it down how it is and your facts from your point of view are just plain wrong.

TL;DR. I don't feel like reading and I'm not exactly a fan of your posts. I was just posting the facts man. I've kept track of NPD numbers,

I'm stopping now but the stuff keeps writing itself.  Sorry.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Owned.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:55:53 AM by marchefelix »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 25, 2012, 02:27:56 AM »
Okay thanks for clearing up the arcade thing. Wasn't KOF XIII out since 2010? So, what caused the other countries not to touch KOF XIII in the 1st place? I mean the Raiden bug was nasty, but there has always been a big buzz about XIIi. Where's the decision not to pick up XIII coming from? Money wise I hear 02UM is big there and from what I'm getting of your post that was not ported to the cheaper hardware. Street Fighter IV vanilla had the big fanbase when it was just an arcade title from what I hearrd (not 100% on that cause never kept up on foreign sales figures).

I suspect in many areas that already had a KOF presence, especially 2k2 or 98, XIII may have felt inferior due to being easier or smaller movelist per character, and XII probably did some damage at first too. SFIV got by on being an official sequel for the SF brand-name after I don't know how many years, with several changes. I wonder how XIII would've been received if there was still a strong arcade scene in the US.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 25, 2012, 02:48:09 AM »
so dragons dogma is pretty good gettin a lot of monster hunter vibes from it

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 25, 2012, 05:20:53 AM »
^^ I'm getting more of a Dark Souls/Shadow of the Colossus vibe.

I'm stopping now but the stuff keeps writing itself.  Sorry.

Because you did the same yourself from the beginning? While I was trolling you for liking bad games? >_>

What's even better is I expected you to use that too. -__- *sigh*

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 25, 2012, 07:32:49 AM »
Could the trolling end here please?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995