Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354220 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1200 on: April 25, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Okay thanks for clearing up the arcade thing. Wasn't KOF XIII out since 2010? So, what caused the other countries not to touch KOF XIII in the 1st place? I mean the Raiden bug was nasty, but there has always been a big buzz about XIIi. Where's the decision not to pick up XIII coming from? Money wise I hear 02UM is big there and from what I'm getting of your post that was not ported to the cheaper hardware. Street Fighter IV vanilla had the big fanbase when it was just an arcade title from what I hearrd (not 100% on that cause never kept up on foreign sales figures).

I suspect in many areas that already had a KOF presence, especially 2k2 or 98, XIII may have felt inferior due to being easier or smaller movelist per character, and XII probably did some damage at first too. SFIV got by on being an official sequel for the SF brand-name after I don't know how many years, with several changes. I wonder how XIII would've been received if there was still a strong arcade scene in the US.

It was kinda the original point. IMO (and of course I could be wrong. Don't know how the arcades out there work), but it seems like this time you had to make the crowd choose between graphics and balance, or characters, and moves since all 3 games were relatively new.  Whenever I had FGC over and hosted games it seemed like most went for  newer games. This time the choice doesn't seem as clear cut giving the titles are all new.

Proto Cloud: As I said before many times I am offering an opinion. I don't believe I am absolutely right or that any of what I say is fact. I think you got confused over me validating myself as knowing what I am talking about in a general sense, to meaning whatever I say is the gospel truth. It's my experiences. The Chicago and St. Louis area are going to be different then the California area, which is different then the NYC area. Heck I talk to my ex-roommate in Grand Rapids, Michigan and his main place to play seems foreign to me. Chuck E Cheeses?!? I guess they stock up over there. I went to the local one out here and all they had was King of Fighters Neowave. I can't imagine the crowds you would get in a kids place like that for fighting games. Boggles my mind.

BTW I don't hold a grudge man. Personally I thank you. I found your argument fun. A little secret though I can take quite a bit of insults. The warning was to help you. I was hoping to keep you from getting worked up. You don't seem like the type that takes insults too well. Personally I tried to keep it as clean as possible to prevent you from holding grudges and getting up in arms over the debate. I got a little carried away when you started talking about facts. It was a blast to pop holes in the facts just cause you used the word.

It's just opinions man. Nobodies absolutely right. I certainly don't feel like I am cause I play these games quite a bit, yes, but I'm not one looking for infinities and bugs so I go by what I find on youtube. Someone can come right in here with more info and prove me wrong. Happens all the time.

Let me extend the olive branch. No hard feelings.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:56:23 AM by Mr Bakaboy »
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 25, 2012, 10:34:18 AM »
Solve your problems with a fight to the death.

As a matter of fact, i don't even know what you are discussing about, i know it's about fighting games, but i didn't and i'm not gonna read all those tl;dr posts.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 25, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »
OOOH OOH OOH Do I get to use those Klingon Death Blade thingies?!?!?! AND HEAR THE STAR TREK FIGHT MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND?!?!?!? I am so game.

That's what the power of the scroll button is for. Drowning out bores like me. ^-^
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:37:45 AM by Mr Bakaboy »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 25, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
OOOH OOH OOH Do I get to use those Klingon Death Blade thingies?!?!?! AND HEAR THE STAR TREK FIGHT MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND?!?!?!? I am so game.

That settles it then. Star Trek Fighter, powered by Mugen. Both equipped with Klingon Death Blade thingies. Y'all can choose whose Kirk and Spock.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 25, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
That game scares me since most of the Star Trek fighting scenes consisted of the 2 fighters walking in a circle around each other occasionally taking a swipe at one another. Worst fighting game ever!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:King Fugitive Edition
« Reply #1205 on: April 26, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »

Discuss

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 26, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
That dance...still isn't as disturbing as the TC.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 26, 2012, 09:20:13 PM »
Think gay Spider-Man dance was worse.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 26, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »
yall hatin on dat swag

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 27, 2012, 12:11:21 AM »
Your swag meter is about as effective as M. Night Shymalan's attempt to make a movie adaptation from a popular animated series.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 27, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »
Your swag meter is about as effective as M. Night Shymalan's attempt to make a movie adaptation from a popular animated series.
dude you really are the fifth kind of asshole

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 27, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
I'm the fifth, and the other four kinds.  And I love it.  Nothing better than pure anarchy.  Speaking of which...

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 27, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »
Will Max Anarachy be the new smash bros?

No idea, but it looks like it could be a nice social game next to wipeout, and it will ofcourse have the benefit of not being on the n64.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 27, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
Actually, the next Smash Bros will be Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.  This will be something all its own.  And it will be incredible.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 28, 2012, 12:02:56 AM »
Actually, the next Smash Bros will be Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.  This will be something all its own.  And it will be incredible.
it will be incredibly stupid

AND YO THAT WALKING DEAD GAME IS THE SHIT