Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354334 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Off Topic thread:Proto hates everything Edition
« Reply #1260 on: May 03, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »
^^ The game is stupid easy now, most of your stats and attributes are automatically assigned for you, the game is bright and cheery, always online DRM, Real money auction house and still manages to look barely like an improvement over its predecessor

I dunno what you are talking about. Stupid easy? What do you base that on? The VERY first quest of the game where you go kill the Skeleton King? That's barely dipping into the waters. There's 4 difficulty levels now too... Hell mode in D2:LOD was a nightmare in one of the later patches without godly tier gear.

Honestly, I'd rather have stats/attributes automatically assigned, although it means less customization, at least your character goes through a natural progression and you don't have to worry about having too little or too much in stats, it balances the game out better.

What I like about D3 is the new skill system, no more trying to calculate builds, you pick the skills you think work well together, customize them with the runes you want to enhance them, and you have a field day.

Bright and cheery? Dunno what you are talkin about... game seemed plenty dark to me, maybe not as dark as Diablo 2 could be sometimes, but still pretty gritty.

Only thing I dislike about the game is the always on thing, that's really annoying if you just want to go solo.

Auction House on the other hand, I look at it this way, yeah, trading items for real money is dumb, but it'll at least the players that want to do it won't be getting scammed on ebay, plus you can buy items for in-game gold as well, and one of the problems with D2 was that gold was worthless, at least this way it'll be worth something.

I mean let's face it, trading in D2 was a nightmare because of trade hacks and all sorts of scams because of semi-character bound items like Gheed's Charm which could only be "traded" by dropping it.

Diablo 3 IMO made alot of nice improvements to Diablo 2 making for a much more faster paced action oriented game, with more functional streamlined features.

I really wouldn't call Blizzard lazy shits, considering they aren't pumping out annual sequels like EA and Activision. I remember waiting for Diablo 2, it was quite a wait, but it was worth it, and the game enjoyed a pretty long period of gameplay. I hope Diablo 3 is even greater.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:51:37 AM by Running Wild »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 03, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
from what ive heard you can only use the action house money that you get in a blizzard wallet so its only gonna be used for buying stuff like various blizz games and WoW time

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 04, 2012, 03:45:29 AM »
Honestly, Izlude get off Blizzard's dick for a second, stop making excuses for the game's bad decisions to make the game like WoW and go play Dark Souls and tell me that's not what Diablo 3 should've been and that took 2 FUCKING years to make. And they're under Activision right now and they've managed to have pumped out expansion after expansion for WoW and managed to make Starcraft II without one new race and scant new features. They're fucking lazy as shit because they know they'll sell over a million copies every game they make now.

I'm sorry, I just get tired that some companies get a free ride every time and everyone's like "LEIK OMG THERE TEH BEST DEVS EVAR!!!" >_> Get that shit outta here. I'm pretty sure Path of Exile and Torchlight II are going to be even better and took far less pointless delays for this nonsense for 15 bucks a piece. I honestly don't see where all that time and effort went into.

Anyways, SATSU!!!

Which difficulty should I play Birth by Sleep on? I know that KH is usually pretty easy, but sometimes games like this make hard difficulties stupid and unfun.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:50:07 AM by Proto Cloud »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1263 on: May 04, 2012, 04:31:27 AM »
Dude, I dunno what you are talkin' about. I played both Demons Souls and Dark Souls, and I think they were great games, although I liken them to something more along the lines of an more mature oriented Zelda game than something like Diablo. Diablo is Diablo dude, the original classic point n' click dungeon crawlin' hack n' slash RPG epic. That's what Diablo is, and should always be.

Diablo is the only game from Blizzard I played for a long time really, I could give two shits about WoW (Or Starcraft) and honestly, Diablo 3 is nothing like WoW. Lots of games get expansions, online games are no stranger to that territory, and I'm expecting Diablo 3 to get one as well like Diablo 2 (And Diablo 1 to an extent) did back in the day.

I played Diablo 2+LOD for a pretty long time, I think Diablo 3 is looking like a major improvement over D2LOD, which was already a great, although flawed, game.

Quit hatin' so much.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:49:23 AM by Running Wild »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 04, 2012, 05:04:10 AM »
...Stop misspelling, and it's up to you.

Honestly, Normal on BBS is plenty satisfying, but if you really want to make it so you have to use every part of the system (other than D-Links, they're nigh worthless), then feel free to do the upper difficulties.  Just don't do the upper difficulties and attempt to take on the secret bosses unless you want to kill yourself.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 04, 2012, 07:49:28 AM »
Now that we are kinda talking about RPG's, what is the general consensus about the Persona series? And by Persona series i mainly mean the enhanced versions of P3 and P4, my story goes like this:
All games are the PSP version.

Got the first Persona, and as soon i controled my character i didn't like it, maybe the game didn't age that well in my eyes (even if it was my first time playing it)

Got Persona 3, again for PSP, i admit i didn't like that you have to move a cursor to talk to the characters and can't remember where i left it, but i was no more than 20~30 minutes of playtime when i put the game in limbo.

Didn't get Persona 2.

After seeing Persona 4 for Vita and the Fighting game i think it looks interesting and i'm thinking about going back to the previous games (mainly 3 and 4), but hey, i need some non-biased opinions.

I'm not the biggest RPG fan, but i enjoy one once in a while.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 04, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »
Persona 1 is horribly dated. It's incredibly oldschool and unless you like olden dungeon crawlers you're not going to like the game at all. I liked it a fair bit because I'm used to first person dungeon crawls, but I wouldn't really recommend it because the game becomes bullshit fairly quickly and if you're not a vet of SMT, you're going to get crushed easily. I still have bad memories of the Snow Queen Quest. The only reason you'd ever want to play it is if you want to see how it ties into P2, because some of the characters make cameos or become playable there. It's not necessary to play P2 though.

Persona 3 on the PSP is a mixed bag. It's not the definitive version of the game, but it has the ability to play as a female and have new social links. I'd suggest you'd get the FES version on the PS2/PSN. It doesn't have those problems you mentioned because of the PSP's memory limits. You'll be able to travel on foot, than on a cursor and not just see talking portraits. It also has the epilogue where you play as Aegis and wraps up the entire story nicely. (Which incidentally ties to the Persona Fighting game.) The problem with the console version though, is that the menus don't look as nice, longer load times, and none of the improvements of 4. So, no dizzy and no control over your teammates. Overall, the game is pretty good, but the plot really drags on in the middle with few important or interesting events. I only ever suggest P3P for people that played and loved FES and want a bit more.

Persona 2 is great, has awesome characters and has a fantastic storyline. It's only real weakness is that it's brutally easy. I'd suggest sticking to Hard mode (which is still too easy), but the game still doesn't get hard until the end. It's also surprisingly short, but I think that's a good thing. To avoid confusion, Innocent Sin is the first half of the story and Eternal Punishment being the conclusion. Did I mention you can battle Hitler and Nazis in this game?

Persona 4 is easily the best out of the bunch and the easiest to get into. Has a strong emotionally charged storyline, great characters, AMAZING VOICEACTING (I can't stress this enough, Troy Baker <3), and a pretty decent combat system. My only issue is that it's difficulty curve is wonky. It's hard at first, then gets significantly easier, then progressively harder. The Vita version is looking to be a definitive version unlike P3P, with all features intact, then better graphics, more story events, more voiceovers, new personas and social links. It's also portable and I love grinding on work breaks.

----

Izlude, I'll quit hating on Blizzard if they'd actually stop releasing the same games with no improvements on a 10+ year cycle. It's fucking ridiculous. I don't care how oldschool it is, the fact you wasted so much time to make something so average is appalling. It's sad that the last great game they made was Warcraft III because that was actually a vast improvement over II. As is such, if they're charging 60 bucks for an "old school" experience, I'd rather take it on something cheaper like Torchlight, instead of some overhyped bullshit. I don't see how such an acclaimed studio gets a free pass to make cheap, dated games with no originality whatsoever over and over. Even Last time I checked Skyward Sword didn't play like Zelda 1. Fuck Blizzard.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:35:54 AM by Proto Cloud »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1267 on: May 04, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
Proto, under that same mindset, I can say the exact same shit about SF4 or MvC3.

How can you say they keep releasing the same games with no improvements on a +10 year cycle? Seriously? Especially when it's only 2 games they waited years to make sequels for only recently, and saying there were no improvements is a load of bullshit after I spent a weekend with the Diablo 3 beta. The game is awesome.

Who cares if they aren't pumping out sequels more often and they are sticking to the formula it's best known for? If it ain't broke, why fix it? I think the improvements to the skill system is the best change in Diablo 3, you can actually have multiple skills now, instead of swapping between them tirelessly. It allows for so much variety and different combinations. I think Diablo 3 will be enjoyed for years to come like D2 was.

Also, last time I checked, Nintendo just keeps remaking Ocarina Of Time.

As for Persona, everytime I hear the characters say "sempai", I cringe.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:26:33 PM by Running Wild »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 04, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »
not sure  why your going on about blizz pumping out expansions of WoW proto, the game is 8 years old  its going to have to get some new things in if they still want people to play the game 2 years is a enough time for a expansion to come out and lots of companies still do this bro

srsly bro i know you dont play mmo's so try to leave em out of your arguments

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
Proto can I ask you a question? Do you like anything? Because the majority of your posts I've read have all been resoundingly negative, it seems like you want to have final say in whatever conversation you find.

Are you on medication?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:45:53 PM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 04, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »
He likes P4 - was extremely emphatic about it on chat one time I remember.
(I remember being putoff by the SD chibi art p3/p4 took a turn to)

I haven't played, but will hell pick it up for vita seeing as how it's going to be upped.

P2 - I loved that one to death (both renditions of it)
The combat & persona building system were way ahead of its time and I damn sure liked the 3/4 isometric view. Good ol' 2d sprites.
It also did something interesting, the interaction with NPC monsters (this is something extremely rare outside of table-top RPGs). Some of the things you can say to them to make them happy, scared, trick them, get money, etc. was hilarious and their reactions were also hilarious.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 04, 2012, 07:57:25 PM »
Thank you people for your opinions about the Persona series, i think i will give P3 another chance, then will try to play P4 and P4 Arena.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
Nice, I as well will be getting P4U. First fighter I will have picked up since XIII.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 04, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »
someone needs to get on making a tales of fighting game

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 04, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »
^^ No. The ones they have are not good at all.

Proto, under that same mindset, I can say the exact same shit about SF4 or MvC3.

Also, last time I checked, Nintendo just keeps remaking Ocarina Of Time.

Haven't we gone over this before. God, you're like a broken record. *yawn* Because SFIV is a totally new game that looks and plays nothing like previous games? MvC3 is a drastic improvement over 2. And last time I checked, Diablo 3 has the same isometric perspective as 1. All DnD games, Fallout, Elder Scrolls and etc. have all moved on from being lazy assholes and making their games look exactly the same. That's like making Skyward Sword like Zelda 1 but it looks nicer. But seeing how you're talking about a series you know nothing of because you're a dumbass that likes complaining about the same stupid shit without good reason, you'd know that the only game in that series that was a remake of Ocarina of Time was Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask, and Windwaker are VASTLY different. Fuck WINDWAKER TAKES PLACE ON THE OPEN SEAS YOU STUPID FUCKING RETARDED BABY! Stop making excuses for a shitty company like Blizzard.

Proto can I ask you a question? Do you like anything? Because the majority of your posts I've read have all been resoundingly negative, it seems like you want to have final say in whatever conversation you find.

Are you on medication?
That's funny, I've pointed out plenty I like, why am I forced to like everything now and not have a critical eye on things? I'm...ugh...forget it, you're too boring to talk to. Ask Xxenace he'll tell you. I don't feel like explaining myself because you children don't get it yet. I'm having too much fun. XD