Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354231 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Rule 34 Edition
« Reply #1455 on: May 20, 2012, 05:43:31 AM »
...What's wrong with you?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 20, 2012, 05:49:23 AM »
What? You in league with everyone else on the black girl hate too?

Ugh, that last puzzle was painfully easy. >_< Dammit, some of my friends have such bad taste.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 20, 2012, 06:03:11 AM »
Uh, no?  I mean, what happened to Rocket or am I forgetting something?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 20, 2012, 06:30:25 AM »
They didn't even bother developing her character at all. Now with the cast being a lot bigger, I fear some characters may get left in the dust, which I may be guessing either Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl or Batgirl.

Also, I'm done with Professor Layton. You CAN NOT give me motherfuckin' Pythagorean Theorem! >:[

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 20, 2012, 06:55:04 AM »
Wonder Girl is getting an ep next week, and like I said, I expect Blue Beetle to play an important part in the season due to the Scarab.  Batgirl might be the only one left out, which wouldn't be surprising since...well Weisman is probably very aware many know a lot about the Bat Family already.  We'll see though, with Nightwing essentially taking a back seat, Wally and Artemis retired, and Kaldur evil, let's see what the numbers are with the cast...

Superboy, Megan, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Lagoon Boy, Wonder Girl, Bat Girl, Bumblebee and Mal Duncan.  Compare to before with the original six, Zatanna and Roy getting plenty of rep (which he'll likely still get), and it isn't that far off from before.  Conner/Megan/Beast Boy will likely share focus eps from here on out, with MAYBE some Lagoon Boy play, but he's probably going to be more used for the Kaldur subplot, to which he, Nightwing...and likely Conner again will take.  If anyone will lose focus, it's likely the last two.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 20, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »
So, I was talking to Xxenace and noticed that all of the Squenix cameos in Kingdom Hearts have been exclusively Nomura creations. Because so far we've only seen characters from 7,8,10 and now The World Ends With You. What an arrogant asshole. XD

They need a slime cameo badly.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 20, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
need some people from final fantasy 4

also

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 20, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »
So, I was talking to Xxenace and noticed that all of the Squenix cameos in Kingdom Hearts have been exclusively Nomura creations. Because so far we've only seen characters from 7,8,10 and now The World Ends With You. What an arrogant asshole. XD

They need a slime cameo badly.

Uh...Vivi?  Setzer?  Plus I'm sure it's a lot easier to add your own creations to new work.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 20, 2012, 11:13:05 PM »
That's more like a concession than a real effort and I actually don't even remember Vivi at all and Setzer was the briefest cameo ever.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:16:10 PM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 20, 2012, 11:20:32 PM »
That's more like a concession than a real effort and I actually don't even remember Vivi at all and Setzer was the briefest cameo ever.

Both in Twilight Town, and yeah they were brief but...so is every other FF cameo not from FFVII or VIII.  FFX might as well be non-existent other than KH2 Auron, but even then, FF has absolutely little bearing on the entire story other than just for exposition.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 20, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »
Nice new sig, Saitsu  :)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 21, 2012, 01:33:44 AM »

Both in Twilight Town, and yeah they were brief but...so is every other FF cameo not from FFVII or VIII.  FFX might as well be non-existent other than KH2 Auron, but even then, FF has absolutely little bearing on the entire story other than just for exposition.

X had Wakka and Tidus for the entire chunk of Destiny Islands AND you fight them. I'm just saying that Nomura could give a shit about anything that isn't his. I'd like to see Terra, Cecil or Zidane for a part into this. God, knows he needed to put in Zack from the shitty PSP game. It does still bother me that for being a crossover, they really restrain themselves on the FF aspect, except when it comes to the battle system.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 21, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
Cameos, especially on this level, are extremely overrated.

On top of that, half the characters he put in KH are flanderized to all hell.  Wakka, Tidus and Selphie are kids (though with people's usual opinions on Tidus...) along with Seifer and his crew, YRP from X-2 are random fairies that don't do anything, and then there's the whole Light/Dark Cloud/Sephiroth thing with random Tifa intervention...wait...no wait, that's pretty much what the extended FFVII universe did.

Are you really that interested to see what he'd do to Terra or Zidane (Cecil would probably get the Auron treatment, so he'd get a pass...actually he'd likely get the EXACT same treatment as Auron, same level and all, Hades does strike me as that stupid) in KH?  Nomura can only get away with this crap now because he's doing it on his own characters (and even then, that excuse only goes so far, just ask George Lucas).  If he does it to things like FFVI characters, people will come for his ass if he fucks it up.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 21, 2012, 02:03:09 AM »
How would anyone get angry at his treatment for characters that are set IN A DISNEY UNIVERSE!?! I think it's common knowledge they'd all get the Disney treatment at some point. It's all in good fun and if they're still angry, they're fucking idiots.

Also how does them being kids make them any less of a inclusion?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 21, 2012, 02:26:07 AM »
Dude...Final Fantasy Fans.  Must I really go on?