Author Topic: KOF XIII Console Unlocking & Miscellaneous Thread  (Read 128440 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII Console Unlocking & Miscellaneous Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
^ I remember Red Saiki and Dark Ash having intro conversations in the arcade version against each other and themselves. Maybe they are meant to be playable?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2011, 04:13:03 AM »
i think i saw that too. the question is how would a person go about getting these characters?
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

evilragnarok

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2011, 05:13:10 AM »
Not sure if its been mentioned or if anyone wants to know, but I think the Invitation images are unlocked through unlocking trophies. I was stuck at 96% for a while, but just got to 100% by unlocking my last offline trophy. I can't really be 100% sure its just the offline trophies, the online ones might unlock them too, but all I know is that I got 100% once I finished the last offline trophy.

Omnigamer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Binary Omniscience
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2012, 07:21:50 AM »
I can also back up that the invitation is tied to achievements/trophies. I've been sitting at 96% for a while now, and I just finished the "Create 10 characters in customize" achievement. When I got back to the main menu, it notified me that something had been added to the gallery, and sure enough I was now at 100%. So at least some of the invitation is dependent on achievement/trophy completion, if not all of it.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2012, 10:10:51 AM »
What do you get when you 100% the invitation?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2012, 11:10:04 AM »
What do you get when you 100% the invitation?

A really nice picture.

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2012, 06:53:35 PM »
Just to add on, the pictures are like puzzle which you unlock gradually. But when you get 100%, you will be able to zoom into the pictures.

Anyway, anyone managed to unlock 100% for the profile icons? I'm still stuck at 98%. I can confirmed that the 2 chibi pics are Dark Ash and Boss Saiki which I absolutely have no idea how to unlock them. Will update the 1st page once everything is 100%.

Omnigamer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Binary Omniscience
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
Perhaps survival is similar to '02s Endless in that you can unlock the boss characters by winning enough? Has anybody tried to get ridiculously high in survival yet to see? I managed the 35 for the achievement but didn't try for much more than that.

Also, for anybody that's curious, I can confirm that the DLC characters' trials do count towards the 200 Trials achievement/trophy. It does not give a piece of the invitation though, so it's purely for personal satisfaction.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:28:36 PM by Omnigamer »

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
does getting ten trials for one character count towards it? because i have 96% and i'm trying to figure out if it's that or time attack.

leegray99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »
The only trophies I am missing are the 2 trial ones and platinum.......have no patience for the 200 though so looks like I will never be able to zoom in on the puzzle........I have 3 pieces missing which I presume is the 2 trial ones and the final piece for platinum.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2012, 02:11:39 AM »
The only trophies I am missing are the 2 trial ones and platinum.......have no patience for the 200 though so looks like I will never be able to zoom in on the puzzle........I have 3 pieces missing which I presume is the 2 trial ones and the final piece for platinum.

how can you be missing not have at least 96% pieces if you are only missing those 3? i have a lot of the online only ones left, the 30 time attack, and the trials yet i am only missing one.

Omnigamer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Binary Omniscience
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »
Sounds like it's a mix of the achievements/trophies and just other non-noted game activities then. I can tell you that the following things are NOT required to complete the invitation though:

- Any online achievements (I don't have a single one yet)
- 200 Trials (I didn't have it completed yet when I hit 100%)
- Platinum

There's a good chance that completing all of one character's trials might give you a piece, but I can't confirm it. Otherwise I would say just go through the effort to get each Team's arcade victory movie, and that should fill in a lot of it. Most of the other miscellanious achievements/trophies might give up a piece too, for example my last piece came after making alternate colors for 10 different characters.

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2012, 06:16:14 AM »
Perhaps survival is similar to '02s Endless in that you can unlock the boss characters by winning enough? Has anybody tried to get ridiculously high in survival yet to see? I managed the 35 for the achievement but didn't try for much more than that.

Also, for anybody that's curious, I can confirm that the DLC characters' trials do count towards the 200 Trials achievement/trophy. It does not give a piece of the invitation though, so it's purely for personal satisfaction.

I don't think it work this way, else we will be seeing Dark Ash or Boss Saiki combo videos.

leegray99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2012, 10:23:50 AM »
http://psnprofiles.com/leegray99
Edit
my mistake I now have 100 percent.........what happened was after completing story mode before I wanted to do it again so wiped off all data to start again and a couple of the things i had already achieved counted towards the puzzle and I never bothered doing them again till just now after doing the 10 colour customizing and completing on very hard again. It does mean though as others have said, the 2 trials are not part of the puzzle.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:49:57 PM by leegray99 »

rober86

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »
Sorry for my bad english, What are this icons? 

Sorry i don't know change size.
Thx!! ;)