Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 323887 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1305 on: February 11, 2012, 01:48:23 AM »
I did notice that.  I haven't played the Dark Ash stage online...actually I don't think I played it ever.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 11, 2012, 01:54:51 AM »
if it did thank god i hated that stage

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 11, 2012, 02:39:46 AM »
I'm up for more content if it means keeping the game's longevity over the years. A free patch to include the new balance changes and fixing glitches would be nice. If they do a patch for that and are charging for it then I would like to get some new characters in the mix. I think I would rather have something like that then have them announce a new version of the game or something.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 11, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »
$20 DLC pack would be accepted by the community. I really doubt they would pull a Capcom for a game that sold about 100K copies.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: February 11, 2012, 10:48:06 AM »
^ I think the number you are saying is low for worldwide m8. Anyway, I bet adel and botan are half finished anyway.

@ the guy who said that I am dreaming, It will cost them much more to do a whole new game so expect character update. Check how much work they did from XII to XIII, so my idea is not crazy. The other thing they can do is MI 3 capcom style which is much easier and I think they have some work done on it, or a crossover with XIII's sprites.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:55:36 AM by Eripio69 »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 11, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »
I checked it out today.

Seems to pretty much be the log changes - which is sorta nice.
Start button needs to be held down to choose EX chrs.
Other than that was pretty much the console experience.

Spoke to the staff at Club Sega, they were told that it was just a console port.

I wouldn't mind some chr extras at some point, but think this is their version for SBO.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 11, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »
$20 DLC pack would be accepted by the community. I really doubt they would pull a Capcom for a game that sold about 100K copies.

Around 400k worldwide.

@ the guy who said that I am dreaming, It will cost them much more to do a whole new game so expect character update. Check how much work they did from XII to XIII, so my idea is not crazy. The other thing they can do is MI 3 capcom style which is much easier and I think they have some work done on it, or a crossover with XIII's sprites.

I'm just saying don't hope anything for the next year. And if they release new characters it will surely be Ex ones to avoid the maximum of works on the sprites.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 11, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »
Considering the track record of Playmore & how strapped for cash they are you are more then likely to see a brand new game rather then any more dlc. People expect at least 3 characters. For a brand new game they can get by with 7 new a few new stages and mess with the moves a bit and people will buy it. Why only get the niche group to buy dlc for $5 a pop when you get a wider buyer group to get a brand new game for $40 to $50 instead. Kof XIV Dream Match Continues.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 11, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »

Around 400k worldwide.

I'm just saying don't hope anything for the next year. And if they release new characters it will surely be Ex ones to avoid the maximum of works on the sprites.

Source?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 12, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »
^ I think the number you are saying is low for worldwide m8. Anyway, I bet adel and botan are half finished anyway.

How do you even know they were making Adel and Botan sprites?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 12, 2012, 08:01:39 AM »
I think all signs point to Adelheid being at one point planned to be in the game and there's many elements to support this. Just add him, Rock, Gato, Blue Mary, Venessa, and Yamazaki and I think we could call it a day.

If a 14 happens it'll probably be based on XI's gameplay and could be pretty sweet if they take that to the next level.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 12, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »
Considering the track record of Playmore & how strapped for cash they are you are more then likely to see a brand new game rather then any more dlc. People expect at least 3 characters. For a brand new game they can get by with 7 new a few new stages and mess with the moves a bit and people will buy it. Why only get the niche group to buy dlc for $5 a pop when you get a wider buyer group to get a brand new game for $40 to $50 instead. Kof XIV Dream Match Continues.

It's a WHOLE lot cheaper to make DLC than it is to make a whole new game. With a new game, you need a new crew, a lot more characters, more content, a new marketing campaign, a website, and etc. It's a lot more money than just releasing 1-3 characters and that's it. It would actually make more sense financially, especially if they're going to sell them for 5 bucks a piece.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 12, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
Math time!

So for the sake of argument let's say KOF13 sold 400K copies world wide. It would be fair to say that about a quarter of the people who bought the game also bought at least one DLC character. It would seem about right all things considered. So that's about 160K people buying DLC which would be about $800K for SNKP, but don't forget taxes and half of it goes to Microsoft and Sony. So they would make about $400K off of DLC so far. Not bad for characters that were already completed and on the disc...

So, based on everything I've read it would seem SNKP have about 12-20 people actively working on creating the sprites. I'm going to play it safe and say that the typical Japanese developer would be making maybe $14 Yen an hour with bonus pay if the game does well (which is typical in America). So $14 an hour, 40 hour work week for let's say 20 people would be about $11,200 per week, so $44,800 in a month. This is before taxes btw.

In a year's time after the release of the console version of 12 and the arcade release of 13, nine new characters were added (I'm counting Mature and Elizabeth from the 12 Console release). It would be easy to say to say that roughly 20 people working 40 hours a week could produce a complete character in about a month and a half but from what I've read it seems that it's usually 2-3 employees that work on a single character at a time. Without knowing for sure the ins and outs of creating high res 2D sprites I can't really tell how long it takes to create a complete character. So for the sake of argument a year's time would roughly equal 9 characters and 6 months would equal 4.

But the 6 months = 4 characters I really don't know how that can work out because that is including creating a brand new game with brand new mechanics... So let's say it would take somewhere between 3-6 months to create anywhere between 3-6 new characters. I think this is a reasonable expectation.

Okay, so $44,800 per month to pay 20 employees (not counting bonuses) X 6 months of work =$268K roughly speaking. End result being 6 new characters, now they could go $5 a piece or $20 for the set. Roughly a quarter of the people will buy the full set. I'm thinking roughly $3.2 million profit minus somewhere around 250-300K in development equals 2.9 Mil then of course Sony/Microsoft gets half of that DLC so it quickly becomes 1.45 Million in profit. Perhaps more or less, they could make even more by selling each character for $5.

Either way you look at it the profit margin isn't that huge. I would expect SNKP to be as cheap as possible and finish up Adel and whoever else was partially complete and do another headswap or EX character. All timed to be released around Evo.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1318 on: February 13, 2012, 02:35:06 AM »
They need to have an EX (Garou) Terry as a downloadable character, I'd pay up for that. I already got a bunch of ideas that would differentiate him from the regular Terry, outside of the obvious Power Dunk+Brake, Power Charge and loss of Rising Tackle.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 13, 2012, 02:48:22 AM »
Garou Terry with Rock and Adel DLC would be pretty bad ass.