Author Topic: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports  (Read 87120 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »
I just wish their bar rating system worked. I've had many good and bad matches, but you never know what you are going to get till you start the match. That's frustrating. At least the dropping has slowed down a little. It was every 3rd match for me for a while.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
even at 3 bars it only seems like butter, theres input delay.
It seems that the quality of 3 bar connections may vary.

Yeah, I'm guessing that in the Ping Range in the 3 Bar connections, the cutoff point from a meh connection to a good one is in there.

So like if it was say, 50-150 (just throwing out numbers, I can't think completely straight after meals for some reason), 100-150 would be meh, but from 50-99 would be playable let's say, but they're all under the 3 bar range, which brings this response from me...GIVE USPING NUMBERS!

even with the best 3 bar, ther is still noticeable input delay. it's playable though, but not great. good luck hitting those 1 nd 2 framers online, or at times timing a reversal wake up dp or dm.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #302 on: December 08, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »
I played with a friend that lives 4-5 miles away (basically one freeway exit) and we had green bar connection. There was some strong noticeable delay, and I had trouble doing combos and blocking crossups on time. The delay stayed steady but it was noticeable and I wasn't confident in doing combos, so the matches we had didn't feel honest.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 08, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »
Well SNKP is already working on the patch, hopefully all that has been written here helps them.

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
Yea I just read the news that they are working a patch...hopefully it helps improve the online.  Tekken 6 had this same issue when it first released and Namco did a patch update that really improve the online.  It's good to know they responded so promptly with it too.  probably wont see it til Jan or early Feb tho...Mar if they really take some time with it. As long as I know its coming i'm ok with.

nars

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
Great to know that they're working on a patch.

I live in Hawaii and just played a good friend that resides in L.A.,CA

We had 2 bars and the games were disappointing. I didn't mind since I'm fairly new to this game.
The weird thing is - when we play 3S online (xbox on both games) our connection is near flawless. We pulled out red parries without hesitation.

I really do hope that the fix helps out. Online is a huge thing for me considering I don't really have anyone else to play locally. This game is too fun for me to stop playing, and I just need someone to play it with.

monster637

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2011, 04:33:20 PM »

We had 2 bars and the games were disappointing. I didn't mind since I'm fairly new to this game.
The weird thing is - when we play 3S online (xbox on both games) our connection is near flawless. We pulled out red parries without hesitation.

I really do hope that the fix helps out. Online is a huge thing for me considering I don't really have anyone else to play locally. This game is too fun for me to stop playing, and I just need someone to play it with.
Im on oahu , You on psn or xbox, i have it for both but i play mostly on xbox as most fighting games for me play a bit better online threw xbox live....my  gamertags on both systems are monster637

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 12, 2011, 05:57:48 PM »

Im on oahu , You on psn or xbox, i have it for both but i play mostly on xbox as most fighting games for me play a bit better online threw xbox live....my  gamertags on both systems are monster637

Monster and Nars i'm also in oahu and me.  We should try to met up for some offline sessions too.  nars i believe we met in the 808 FB group also.  glad to see some more KOF players out in Hawaii

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2011, 11:31:01 AM »
by my experience the worst problem is the delay to switch block from down to up and viceversa. plus is very hard to hitconfirm from lows cause frequently the timing turn in a mess (i started to dont use vice online cause of lag) of course this must be a consequence of input delay it seems very similar to mvc3 online which was pretty unplayable
im playin the most with french ppl and connection with 3 bars and im from italy
fockin patch is needed asap

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »
vice is the best character online, especially with lag. dp+P becomes an instant throw from far and reversal against her after a knockdown is xtra hard to time with lag.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »
vice is the best character online, especially with lag. dp+P becomes an instant throw from far and reversal against her after a knockdown is xtra hard to time with lag.

But aren't her even meh combos online really annoying to execute?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 15, 2011, 09:58:49 PM »
vice online ? c mon is unplayable
no hitconfirms from c.B allowed, ppl in eternal c.block cause they r scared to jump cd and u cant even run and do 1 frame throw. overhead comes out everytime except when u want it. HD combos ? yeah right ... and vice is one of the most easiest to do combos with but not online. s.A AA or to prevent hop ? overhead comes out. s.A after shoulder ? never ... really it is not the best choice for online play considering u must have a great use of space timing adn whatever, u cant base ur game just on random splashes

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2011, 05:18:08 AM »
Can anyone pull off combos consistently in Green Bars?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2011, 05:21:47 AM »
Can anyone pull off combos consistently in Green Bars?

Define combos. Because I can pull my "simple" combos in the corner. Stuff like K typical combo with EX qcb+K DC and or c.LKx2>qcf+K>u+K with Benimaru, etc.

Now if you say HD combos... then we might have some problems there.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2011, 05:25:38 AM »
Basic combos. I can rarely, rarely combo into Clark's command grab online. I thought it was me just learning but in every Green connection I've rarely been able to combo, and I know I'm doing it right and can pull it off 9 times out of 10 offline.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.