Author Topic: Atlus Addressing King of Fighters XIII Online Issues  (Read 13695 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Atlus Addressing King of Fighters XIII Online Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Since there seems to be confusion regarding the patch, from the press release:

According to ATLUS and developer SNK PLAYMORE, the patch will seek to make the game’s network infrastructure more consistent for users, ensuring that the evaluation given connections is more accurate to the actual play experience. Moreover, the patch will introduce ranked host-side filtering, eliminating the frustration of match hosts unable to avoid matches with players with poor connections. In addition to a number of other improvements, the update will also address a number of rare glitches reported since the game’s release. No release date currently exists for the update, but ATLUS reports that the developer is making every effort to release the patch as soon as possible.

It sounds to me like they're working to optimize the code, improve the connection ratings and address other issues players have reported.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:38:39 PM by nilcam »

ApocryphicV

• New Challenger
  • A-Visions
    • View Profile
    • Apocryphic Visions
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 01:23:46 PM »
I hope they add the option to decline matches. Played online tonight and got stuck with 2 bars- 1 bar connections that was horrible to live through. Tekken does it, Ultimate Marvel 3 does it now. I hope SNK Playmore follows suit.

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 01:58:07 PM »
I hope they add the option to decline matches. Played online tonight and got stuck with 2 bars- 1 bar connections that was horrible to live through. Tekken does it, Ultimate Marvel 3 does it now. I hope SNK Playmore follows suit.

They said they would put that feature to back out from laggy matchups. But the online is so poorly used.. I barely see player matches going on and ranked is horrible.... All SNK games seem to have a small online activity.. very small.. This patch better fix their broken online with a major overhaul. If not.. I always got Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition to fall back on which has always been 10X more reliable.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 02:29:24 PM »
Same here, I have about twenty friends online... and sometimes ago I see them with KOFXIII, in this weeks it's already gone because with friends it's really unplayable -.-, everyone are revert to AE2012 ._. me too usually =.=,

There is no ETA to this damn patch?

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 03:39:49 AM »
I figured the patch would have came out around the time Mr. Karate came out. What's taking them so long?

I never find anyone online nowadays.
You're too slow!!

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
Patch is out well for UK that is.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 01:41:01 AM »
With SCV coming out in the US tomorrow, then not having it ready tonight is a big let-down, some folks, including myself, are going to abandon the game for a while for SCV, which supposedly (with some evidence) has good netcode.

sw1tch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 01:21:50 AM »
Just tested the patch, it's kinda lame what they did, actually they changed so 2 bars = 3 bars 3 bars = 4 bars now etc, so it's just a display change, the connection didn't get better, but what is worse is that before 3 bars was good/ok delay now 3 bars regroup old 2 bars and 3 so you can't know before playing if you gonna get bad delay.
I remember capcom did the same with SF4.

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
So what's up with the 360 version :s

Big Texas Andrew

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 09:48:02 PM »
What's the point if it doesn't actually improve connection speed when the netcode is so bad that I can't play a friend who lives 10 miles from me? I know people who have dropped the game due to not being able to practice online and I fear it's not going to survive if SNK don't step up to the plate and do something about it fast.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:18 PM »
What's the point if it doesn't actually improve connection speed when the netcode is so bad that I can't play a friend who lives 10 miles from me? I know people who have dropped the game due to not being able to practice online and I fear it's not going to survive if SNK don't step up to the plate and do something about it fast.

Did you download the patch, are you playing on wireless?

iAMDIDIERx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »
I guess I will toss my two cents into the ring right now, I just downloaded the patch and played 6 matches online. I created a lobby and filtered like so : Region: Any, Latency: 3 bar and up...(The skill and all that I dont think matter haha) Of those 6 matches 2 where 4 bar and 4 where 3 bar and only one 3 bar had notable lag. I dont know if it could be a placebo effect or if they actually feel good now. Just from what I can see.

Im on Xbox and I am wired.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »
Is the xbox patch out?
I was under the influence that they just started work on the xbox patch, so maybe it would be finished in a week or so.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »
Should be out now.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 12:16:52 AM »
I'm curioius about connections over long distances, as a few people elsewhere have reported imrpovements. If anyone wants to test an overseas connection, let me know. I'm seizonsha51 on PSN.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995