Author Topic: New to KoF from Massachusetts.  (Read 1267 times)

TZWhiteShadow

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
New to KoF from Massachusetts.
« on: December 07, 2011, 03:18:40 AM »
I've always liked the series but like I'm sure many right about now, have never gotten into a KoF with any seriousness but I'd like too.  I'm not one to half ass my fighters and I like to at least feel like I know what I'm doing.  Right now I'm messing with Vice, Leona, and Terry.  What are some characters a new guy can use to get a feel for the game as well as maybe ease into the execution of the game.  Execution has never been my forte in any game and KoF seems pretty heavy with it.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: New to KoF from Massachusetts.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:20:50 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel TZWhiteShadow, it's a pleasure to meet you
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 07:03:41 AM »
Greetings TZWhiteShadow, welcome to DC!

You might find Robert, Andy pretty good for this purpose.

They scale very nicely for more involved combos, but are great for picking up a basic feel for KOF too. They have some pretty basic confirms that are easy to use too that look like strong normal > command normal (like fwd.A) > special. Moves and motions are pretty straight forward.

Maybe worth a try?

TZWhiteShadow

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:06:48 PM »
Thanks, ive spent some time with most of the cast and Andy was one I had interest in so I'll spend some more time with him.