Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Kyo Kusanagi (Console)

Started by nilcam, December 06, 2011, 04:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharnt

Quote from: Tikok on June 20, 2012, 11:47:20 PM
I think Kyo's EX Orochinagi should be mentioned. A 2f super that deals so much damage and that has so much range is just way too good. A lot of things that usually are safe aren't against Kyo because of that super.

That super really is my main reason for maining Kyo instead of NESTS Kyo. While that's just me, I think that difference between the two characters should be mentioned, because it's IMO a significant one.
+K9999
It's THE MAIN difference between the 2 Kyo and the reason why Kyo is the best char of the game.

Option selects :

[KOF XIII] Kyo Safe Jump 3f on hcb.k midscreen (1)
[KOF XIII] Kyo Safe Jump 5f on hcb.k midscreen (2)
[KOF XIII] Kyo Safe Jump 3f Throw Midscreen
[KOFXIII] Anti Roll Option Select
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Amedø310

Kyo Kusanagi (XIII) Guard Gauge Damage
st. A: 6%
st. B:  6%
far. C:  12%
cl. C:  12%
st. D:  12%
cr. A:  6%
cr. B:  6%
cr. C: 12%
cr. D: 12%
st. CD: 16%
j. A:  5%
(head)  j. A:  6%
j. B:  5%
(head)  j. B:  6%
j. C: 10%
(head)  j. C:  12%
j. D:  10%
(head)  j. D:  12%
j. CD:  12%
(head)  j. CD:  15%
f+B: 10%
df+D:  3%(1st hit) + 4% (2nd hit) [7% Total]
j. db/d/df+C: 6%
qcf+P: 5%
qcf+AC: 10%
dp+P:  6%(1st hit) + 4% (2nd hit) [10% Total]
dp+AC:  12%(1st hit) + 4% (2nd hit)+ 4% (3rd hit) [20% Total]
hcb+K: 10%
rdp+K: 8%
rdp+BD: 12%
qcf+B: 6%(1st hit) + 6% (2nd hit) [12% Total]
qcf+D: 0%(1st hit) + 5% (2nd hit) [5% Total]
qcf+BD:  10%(1st hit) + 4% (2nd hit) [14% Total]

This does not apply against Maxima, Goro, Clark, or Ralf. 

DJMirror949

Hey I'm trying to relearn Kyo so does anyone know any frametrap? I'm trying to apply it to my game to stop people mashing buttons like Ralf or Iori. Thanks

Sharnt

Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Hungry Color

Quote from: Sharnt on June 21, 2012, 08:38:20 PM
I think Kyo's EX Orochinagi should be mentioned. A 2f super that deals so much damage and that has so much range is just way too good. A lot of things that usually are safe aren't against Kyo because of that super.

That super really is my main reason for maining Kyo instead of NESTS Kyo. While that's just me, I think that difference between the two characters should be mentioned, because it's IMO a significant one.
+K9999
It's THE MAIN difference between the 2 Kyo and the reason why Kyo is the best char of the game.
snips

Um, wow, the only safejumps I knew of were hop and super j B rdps

Now I have to pick him up again.

DJMirror949

Just down b into standing c? Is there more or nah?

MAASKYO

Quote from: DJMirror949 on July 11, 2012, 08:59:43 AM
Hey I'm trying to relearn Kyo so does anyone know any frametrap? I'm trying to apply it to my game to stop people mashing buttons like Ralf or Iori. Thanks

Check the moves meta data section at..
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo_Kusanagi_%28XIII%29

Great_Dark_Hero

Greetings,

I, the Great Dark Hero, have recently created a forum at SRK for Kyo Kusanagi summarizing his abilities with the help of fellow SRK members.
Source: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/regular-kyo-kusanagi.164378/

Here you may find and provide very valuable information that will help players become successful. If there are any discrepancies, feel free to notify us so they we can make the following corrections.
Kyo Kusanagi is and always will be consistent fighting game character! "Heh heh, Moetaru...?"
What should be understood is that Kyo has some really crazy combo's after launching the opponent into the air and has one of the DM's in the game, that which can also be utilized easily in mid-air to beat out air-to-air combative opponents.
Kyo has everything a player needs to win.

Great_Dark_Hero

Quote from: Hungry Color on July 12, 2012, 07:19:50 PM
Quote from: Sharnt on June 21, 2012, 08:38:20 PM

+K9999
snips

Um, wow, the only safejumps I knew of were hop and super j B rdps

Now I have to pick him up again.

I got a feeling I should too. Kyo is a beast and I am proud to admit it!

Blue Wolf

interesting reset..
wall
cl. ;c ;df+ ;d qcf+ ;d rdp+ ;b qcf+ ;b rdp+ ;b cl. ;c (then rdp+ ;b -whiff-.. ;fd ;c or hcb+ ;b ;d)
if the opp was guarding you will throw him..if he not.. he will eat cl. ;c ..(in case you used the EX command throw it will whiff but i don't think  opp will stand without guarding or doing reversal..)

solidshark

A discovery made by AmedoS310:

There's something unique about both Kyos' CD whiff cancels. Thier CD can be buffered in special moves, so that CD comes out first then whiff cancel into moves like qcf+C/AC or hcb+D. The buffer inputs are qcf+CD/ACD and hcb+CD.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

Quote from: solidshark on November 02, 2012, 02:55:40 PM
A discovery made by AmedoS310:

There's something unique about both Kyos' CD whiff cancels. Thier CD can be buffered in special moves, so that CD comes out first then whiff cancel into moves like qcf+C/AC or hcb+D. The buffer inputs are qcf+CD/ACD and hcb+CD.

That's sort of old information...CD whiff cancelling is pretty common.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

PureYeti

Everyone can cancel their CD. You don't have to buffer input it either

selfReg

I think he's just trying to explain the fact that it CAN be buffered into the motion, sort of like a shortcut.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Amedø310

Quote from: MezzoForte on November 02, 2012, 07:08:41 PM
I think he's just trying to explain the fact that it CAN be buffered into the motion, sort of like a shortcut.
Yes. That's basically it. The fact that Kyo is the only character that can whiff cancel his cd with one buffered motion is unique, if not anything else.