Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)  (Read 60138 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 08:20:17 PM »
I meant to write "MAKE" instead of "BACK", haha. I will watch a few of ZeroBlack's past casual streams for I can catch certain setups and ways he makes them backturned, and the way you were describing how to do it is correct.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2013, 06:24:40 AM »
[quote
[KOFXIII] Anti Roll Option Select
[/quote]

Wait a sec - you can input fbf and it will option select a roll in both directions!? How does that work?  I see two forward inputs but how would it run the other direction?
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 08:04:59 PM »
[KOFXIII] Anti Roll Option Select

Wait a sec - you can input fbf and it will option select a roll in both directions!? How does that work?  I see two forward inputs but how would it run the other direction?

In this game you can input  ;fd ;bk ;fd in any direction & it will option select on a rolling opponent in any direction that they roll in. The OS is pretty old but it's somewhat difficult to pull off mid-match which is why many people don't utilize, that & the fact that even if you do anticipate an opponent rolling, if you haven't mastered the OS it's better to do an alternate guaranteed punish.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 10:09:08 PM »
That's weird, but awesome. I don't get it but I'm gonna mess with this. I usually just try to anticipate forward roll because backward roll is easier to punish. Sweet.

CaptainBonnet

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Esaka XIII - 江坂
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
If i may, I think it has been proved for that this anti-roll OS doesn't work in an actual game. The training mode messes up the inputs and makes it possible, but in a real match, you won't option select the right side at all, you have to chose a side and input your run according to it.

Unrelated, but for Kyo users out there, you can have a 3f safe jump out of the corner bnb if you reset after the qcf.B with a stand A, neutral hop d.C. The timing is kinda tricky, but it's definitely practicable.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
Some videos by Zero Black.

First video deals with combos out of counter hit.

Second video will make you go "WTF?" (And is actually more worthy of the title "Kyo lol" than the other vid.)

KOF XIII - Kyo Lol

Kyo

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2013, 07:03:54 AM »
If i may, I think it has been proved for that this anti-roll OS doesn't work in an actual game. The training mode messes up the inputs and makes it possible, but in a real match, you won't option select the right side at all, you have to chose a side and input your run according to it.

Unrelated, but for Kyo users out there, you can have a 3f safe jump out of the corner bnb if you reset after the qcf.B with a stand A, neutral hop d.C. The timing is kinda tricky, but it's definitely practicable.
Yeah, I haven't had it work correctly in a real match. On the bright side it's a safe guess to assume they'll tend to roll forward. And if they don't, back roll has significantly more recovery.

Cool about the safe jump. I'll try that out.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2013, 01:59:57 AM »

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
Mastering that  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a/ ;c Drive Cancel ;bk ;dn ;db ;b/ ;d was a bridge crossed for me. I read the button hold or whatever it is technique here on page 3 and found it can be done in all versions. Just got through practicing and did it 3 times in a row in two sets. Though it can get tricky on pad as you can accidentally input a  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a/ ;c if the timing is off by a hair.
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2013, 03:01:40 PM »
GG :p
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2014, 03:14:24 AM »
I found a use for tk air regular orochinagi. It only works on back turned opponents in the corner. If Kyo does a tk air orochinagi, after qcf+D, on a back turned opponent, Kyo will hit the opponent from behind and still stay in the corner which allows him to follow up with a dp+A. Basically a combo like this one can work:

Combo starter, qcf+D, tk air orochinagi, dp+A.

The key for the combo to work is that the tk air orochinagi most be performed while Kyo is facing the corner and his opponent is behind him. When the opponent is hit, they will fly to Kyo during the recovery of the air orochinagi and stop him from having any push back.

Ignore if this was discovered already. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:47:53 AM by Amedø310 »

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2014, 03:19:30 AM »
Found this fun little shortcut courtesy of the fine folks on Orochinagi. It can be done in regular and HD mode.
To cancel from DP to RDP RE, simply input  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a or ;c and then  ;db + ;b or ;d . A Back To back EX on either move or both moves will work as well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:40:00 AM by Paul Howard »
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL

solidsnake37

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »
Who are the Kyo players I should be watching?

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »

Lacid from South Korea who is apart of the CafeID crew as well
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »

Samson K from Kansas City is another one to watch as well
-Anony on Sankaku