Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89457 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2012, 04:41:52 AM »
I have very limited experience with benimaru, but i would assume that it is pretty fair for both, though in beni's favor if any. Slash kick can punish whiffed raijinkens and so on, but then there's beni's j.D wich tends to straigth up beat joe's srk.D so that's a serious bummer. That j.D also tends to beat most of joe's air to airs on even level so you have to either be above beni or properly space a j.C+D that may still trade. In my experience, it is simply surprisingly annoying.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »
Learned the stun combo as well, so satisfying to do.

The best advice I got was from someone earlier in this thread who said to keep count of your punch presses instead of mashing. So I count 1,2,3,4 (4 being the QCB+P) and it works really well, its almost more important to keep count than pay attention to the moves happening on screen because the triggering of the tnt finisher activates faster than it looks like Joe has recovered from his previous move.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:37:55 PM by Diavle »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2012, 04:26:37 PM »
one extra thing to add to diavle's recommendation, hold down the P button when activating the rapid punch finisher, you have a surprisingly long time between it's activation and the point where you need to drive cancel so don't stress. It's all actually a lot easier than it seems.

Saying that though, i feel that it still is a combo that needs some warming up for, specifically the rapid punches because they do need to be consistent. I imagine as allways, it will get easier with time though with my right indexfinger roleplaying a water balloon i need some warmup just to get comfortable with it at all.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »
Yeah holding the button down definitely helps, thanks. I've been doing it for HD combos but hadn't applied it to this yet.

Almost did the stun combo twice yesterday during an online match and both times I messed up right at the very end, still felt so good though, even received some complimetary hate mail from my opponent.

You're right it definitely needs warming up for, kind of a problem for me since I'm constantly rotating between characters.

I can see Joe becoming more popular in the future when ppl get a hang of this, its definitely a big threat. When you have the Answer picking up a character you know something is up lol.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:38:30 PM by Diavle »

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2012, 09:28:47 AM »
I'm working on the dizzy combo as well, this one in particular

KOFXIII: Joe (Midscreen, 0.8 Stock, 78% Drive)

I have found double tapping the TNTs and buffering  ;dn ;db ;bk between the doubletaps really helps with clean inputs, so inputs look like this with display on

;c
 ;c
 ;bk
 ;db
 ;dn
 ;c
 ;c

I get the perfect TNT every time due to this.

However I am having a hard time understanding the juggle count at the end (after burning both drive bars and using TNT for a couple hits then jump  ;d for dizzy). Sometimes I'll get the TNT to hit, sometimes it wont, sometimes I'll get one hit but not 2 before the 214 and be unable to jump D, sometimes I'll get it all, but it's hard to figure out WHY exactly.

I was thinking maybe it has something to do with how many hits of TNT they get hit by at the end, but it's not easy to test so if anyone has come across this issue before please share some information as I am so close to getting this dependably every time.

EDIT: My problem was I was not mashing out TNT fast enough at the end (for the final part, doubletapping disrupted my rhythm!), I'm now hitting this combo with ~75% accuracy. Still working on getting a clean launch after the 2nd hit of TNT, but at that point it's a reset to stun anyways so dropping it isn't the worst thing on the planet.

thanks for the info and the video , this helped a lot. i like doing it this way, i dont have it down yet , but im practicing. Joe is a beast. Is it possible to do a 100% combo with joe?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »
I believe i've seen japanese videos with 100%+ damage, but beyond the novelty, i don't care much since their meter efficiency is no where near that of the basic stun combo popularised by bala.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »
thanks for the info and the video , this helped a lot. i like doing it this way, i dont have it down yet , but im practicing. Joe is a beast. Is it possible to do a 100% combo with joe?

To be frank I'm not quite sure. If there is, it will burn all of your meter most likely.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »
aah okay i see. with regards to the tnt punch , i find it easier to double tap with the A rather than the C.

The second tnt punch is the one i struggle with the most. Only one punch should hit, i usually get 2.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
Keep practicing, as long as you buffer the  ;dn ;db ;bk properly prior to the second double tap, it should come out perfectly each time.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »
aah okay i see. with regards to the tnt punch , i find it easier to double tap with the A rather than the C.

The second tnt punch is the one i struggle with the most. Only one punch should hit, i usually get 2.

If you are getting 2 hits then you are doing it too late, gotta do it earlier.

Basically in this combo you gotta do stuff one after another, there should be no delay. There is no too early.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:01:14 PM by Diavle »

Duggish

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2012, 03:18:18 AM »
when executing the tnt's and the golden heels in the stun combos, does the version matter?  seems like both work but i want to make sure im not losing out on anything, regardless of how minimal. 

also, it seems like the EX heel does no stun, so is it's only purpose when added to a combo purely for damage?  if so, is it better to omit it when going purely for stun?

Thanks!  picking up joe and it's way too much fun

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
All ex moves or moves under hd mode does 0 stun. Ex heel is only used because it relaunch your opponent higher. See below
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:17:42 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
when executing the tnt's and the golden heels in the stun combos, does the version matter?  seems like both work but i want to make sure im not losing out on anything, regardless of how minimal.  

also, it seems like the EX heel does no stun, so is it's only purpose when added to a combo purely for damage?  if so, is it better to omit it when going purely for stun?

Thanks!  picking up joe and it's way too much fun

Yeah I think either works, I usually use the D version for heel and A for tnts.

EX moves and supers do no stun. The idea is to get some decent damage in before the heavy damage scaling kicks in. I've seen Haregoro do 2 or 3 EX heels in a row after a drive cancel before doing a regular heel and continuing with the stun combo. But yeah you don't need those EX heels at all if you don't have the meter or just want the stun, its just for added damage.

At minimum, 78% drive (you build the rest mid combo) and 1 power meter is all you really need for the stun combo.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:36:28 PM by Diavle »

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »
Combos nobody does but should do (TM)

midscreen

0 drive 0 meter
c.B c.B s.A f.B hcf.B, s.A (resets) hcf.A
Hurricane cancel keeps them locked down at just over s.CD range. Not thoroughly tested what opponent can do wrt reversals but its safe from everything I tested (fast ex ranbus, dps etc.). If your opponent rolls back, jumps or presses a button they get hit, if they roll forward you get a full punish.

2 drive, 3 meter
j.C s.C f.B hd s.C [AAA qcb.A (TnT) dc qcb.D]x2, hcf.B dc hcf.A dc qcfqcf.A dc qcfqcf.BD
860+ damage - if my maths is correct, not tested this for numbers but pulled it off in match. Its vital that on the first TnT you don't get more than one punch before the finisher (or you lose at least 40 damage for each one you let come out). Full screen carry makes this combo worthwhile, there's not many times you'll get that much damage out of the corner quite so easily.

corner

0 meter 0 drive
c.B c.B s.A f.B hcf.B, AAA qcb.A (TnT), AAAAA qcb.A (TnT), j.D
330+ damage off a low, only works with 3 taps into step kick

The anywhere HD combo can be changed at the end for 1 bar so do ex slash kick then go into tiger kick, TnT stuff we all know and love. I've not tested but I think you'll get time for one more dc at the end on the TnT too. Yes, it uses all of your meter but by the time you get to pull it off you'll usually be a character up with plenty of time to build it back (and if you pull it off successfully your opponent won't require drive to be bodied).

I see altogether too many Joe players concentrating solely on getting into stun combo and not maximising damage throughout their game, especially if their middle character is heavily drive/meter dependant. Hopefully these will help somewhat.

Other things of note

In the corner if you throw then whiff TnT (minimal presses, no finisher) its safe from (and usually baits out) DPs.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:40:09 PM by raisedbyfinches »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
The thing with the stun combo is that while you may not be maximising damage, you build almost enough meter to loop it by doing it. Also, if you reset just before stunning your opponent and then land a hit or two after that, you may get to do some 400+ damage for one bar, easily knocking out your current opponent.