Author Topic: Raiden (Console)  (Read 48665 times)

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
I didn't really use a "trick". What I did for trial 5 was d/b~f~d/b+A, ~f+AC. Essentially, I did it like I would do shoulder loops with Urien in 3S. I was charging the second d/b before the first shoulder even came out.

Hold d/b, go to forward, immediately go to d/b and hit A (the shoulder should now come out), and DC the second shoulder at the latest possible moment.

b.a.l.a.

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 11:48:03 AM »
sup.. i just make some combos hope u can use it...
Raiden 1068 Damage by bala

Raiden Combo 5 Dropkicks

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 12:09:17 AM »
Okay, how safe are his Giang Bomb charge moves? Both of them seem really, really safe.

Any advice against Takuma/Mr Karate and King?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:18 AM »
Saw this from the kof japanese tutorial. 100% combo ftw

@LouisCipher, i dunno about mr karate but King is definitely one of the stronger characters in kof. She is very annoying to fight against.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »

Blackout2021

• New Challenger
  • Fraud of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
So what is the preferred was of charging Raiden's drop kick? I'm trying to find a comfortable way to do it and still be able to maneuver reliably when I'm fighting. Also what's the preferred button to charge? If I charge ;b I lose rolling and if I charge  ;d then I lose amazing jump  ;d

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 04:01:02 AM »
That's a tough trade-off. B is hard to give up for low combos as well. Charge D (although you give up that nice j.CD too) or charge only during HD?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 04:02:12 AM »
From what I can tell from seeing a decent amount of Raiden matches these days (though they're freaking scarce), most Raiden mains seemed to have abandoned the Dropkicks altogether outside of HD combos.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Blackout2021

• New Challenger
  • Fraud of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
I never use it and still have not properly developed my Raiden HD combos since I play him on point. But I felt like I was missing out on an integral part of his game by not using it. Then in a match when I remember to use it I feel so gimped. Even worse when I mess up the timing of release and it doesn't come out, so all that charge time was for nothing.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 12:42:20 AM »
My old team had good measures to punish Raiden's tackles on block but was using K' this time and the guy has no meterless options to punish on block so I decided to grow some balls and face the man head on.

Turns out once Raiden actually releases the tackle the dang thing has like no priority even though it looks like it hits like a truck. I stood there and waited, he did the tackle and I was able to hit him out of it easily each time on reaction with a single standing jab. Felt all sorts of badass lol.

So yeah, the tackle is absolutely free to lows (including on startup since there is no low autoguard) and has very little priority once released.

Not sure if this extends to the EX tackle or not, he did it just once and K' got his face smashed it. Don't know if I mistimed the jab or the EX tackle packs an extra punch.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:45:12 AM by Diavle »

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »
Just do a dp instead of st.lp. It can be pretty hard to tell the difference between hp tackle and the feint tho, but since you usually play with lk charged its mostly towards the end of the round/when he has full hd bar you have to watch out for it ;)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
You can add a combo after the jab so the damage will often be better than a dp. The entire cast can use this counter too since everyone has a jab. Its also way less risky then doing a DP, since you can get baited with a feint, like you said.

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »
If its consistant then sure go for it, but it sounds like it would be hard to time well. dp is a nobrainer, just do it :). Whatever works tho ^^