Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 88145 times)

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »
That's a helluva risk to GCR a CD though.

Not really, GCR cannot be punished reliably in any way, so it's really just -1 meter. But still wasteful if baited.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »
Matt, I added a couple of more sections to Hwa's Strategy section in the Wiki.  I figured it would help those who would want to have cliffnotes of what to do when having a certain amount of meter other than just combos of choice.  Fill them in at your leisure.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2012, 12:37:04 AM »
Wow, if those all get filled out I'm pretty sure it'll be the biggest page on the wiki. I'll certainly have some tips for certain matchups, but a good portion is going to stay blank for a long while, most likely.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2012, 12:38:28 AM »
yeah, I expect that, but that's the point.  Add them as time goes on. Unless people feel confident enough to do them all, which I heavily doubt.  Just something to do on lazy days I guess.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »
Saitsu, here is an example of what I was talking about by putting the match-ups section inside the strategy section: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo_Kusanagi_%28XIII%29#Strategies

That way it wont fill up the table of contents section, and also because I feel matchups are a form of strategy. As far as it being easier or not to edit, I believe it shouldn't be that difficult at all to edit with the characters titles being bolded. Let me know how you feel about this new organization.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2012, 01:11:14 AM »
It does look cleaner and more condensed, but like i said, it could cause problems when editing the list at times.

Is there any way to like...hide the info for each character or whatever like a spoiler?  So we can keep it condensed, but maintain the ability to edit each character at will?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2012, 01:28:42 AM »
It shouldn't really cause any problems at all when editing as long as you place the information under the bold text. It might just take away an extra second or two from scrolling down perhaps.

I also think you are referring to collapse-able tables or sections. The wiki doesn't have that software for that in-place now but I will look into it to see if there is a way to get it.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2012, 01:30:56 AM »
Well if you can, that would be preferred as I would think that's optimal.  the ability to do individual edits but keep the wiki condensed.  But if you can't, I'll work on switching everything to your way.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2012, 01:45:18 AM »
It would probably be best to have them all switched to the more condensed view in the strategy section for now, because changing the wiki software would be something that may take some time.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2012, 01:47:54 AM »
It would probably be best to have them all switched to the more condensed view in the strategy section for now, because changing the wiki software would be something that may take some time.

Alright, but do you mind if I start working on it like tomorrow or something?  I kind of wanted to relax today.  Tomorrow I'll be more in work mode with having to deal with my phone, getting points to get ready for Skullgirls, and I was probably going to look into Kensou matchups anyway.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2012, 01:53:59 AM »
I will help you. Just gotta copy and paste from Kyo's section to the others. I'll start alphabetically from Ash's and you can take the other end when you have time.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2012, 02:01:19 AM »
Alright.

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
Just wanted to drop in and say good work on the wiki, that shit was way organized compared to most of the wiki sections.

Now it just needs frame data and move properties under the moves in the move list and it's golden.

Since I can't seem to find anything on it, how safe is hwa's air dp+B? I found that if you get a really high cross up, IE you're hyper hopping over their head and kind of skimming over them with a j.D, it's a nice way to convert to damage. Looks like you can hop directly over their head and do it for an ambiguous cross up too, would be nice if it actually is safe lol

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2012, 02:31:25 AM »
I know that for sure at any height that you can cancel into it from a normal, it's safe, but I'll check maximum height... It might be punishable by some of the tallest characters like Maxima or Goro.

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:39 AM »
That's good news. I tested it from higher up with 1 guard jump on and it didn't seem too terribly negative... probably enough so to eat a command grab though since you'll be right in their face.