Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 88204 times)

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »
Yeah it seems like when you use it as a crossup against a standing opponent it's punishable by grabs, I don't think close normals can punish it. Against grapplers you can use the same mixup, but I would suggest EX dp+K in the air for that crossup, since you can easily confirm with the second hit and then make yourself safe or land another hit with the third hit.

Inadvertently I've found that against tall characters you can do j.D and cancel it into dp+B on block and it'll actually hit j.D on one side and dp+B on the other, making it a ridiculously ambiguous crossup.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:52:17 PM by Matt Alder »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »
Matt, great work on the wiki man... Best wiki section in DC I've seen yet... You are making me pick up Hwa after reading it... I wasn't sure before... but... Now I've seen the DRINK ...errr LIGHT... lol

p.s. we have enough frame data on other characters available to figure out Hwa's frame data... we can test this out on saturday...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:25:56 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2012, 10:12:33 PM »

p.s. we have enough frame data on other characters available to figure out Hwa's frame data... we can test this out on saturday...

Here ya go: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hwa_Jai_%28XIII%29#Move_Metadata
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2012, 02:06:18 AM »
^ translated

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2012, 02:18:49 AM »
There we go, B Air Dragon Kick +4 at best on block and B Air Dragon Tail is +7 at best on block...damn (if I read the ADT part right).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2012, 12:12:42 AM »
Wow, the data on those normals is absurd. Worst is st. ;d at only -1? Everything else is either neutral or advantage? st. ;c ;d is +4? Ridiculous. This will actually change how I play Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2012, 12:18:29 AM »
Well that advantage on st.CD is why st.CD xx Drink is safe.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2012, 01:20:24 AM »
Okay, maybe you guys can help me out here. It seems like people have adjusted to the gdlk nature of Hwa and this is what usually happens for me:

I get drunk, and they are very content to just runaway and block. Waiting for drunk mode to wear off. I've learned that they just do not want to press a button or jump at you, so my D SRK is blocked and punished sadly. What can you do to force them to come at you? Because I typically do st.D and jump in D and B Dragon Tail. But by the time I finally get in Drunk Mode wears of.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »
im having trouble dealing with hwas drinks myself. showing any agression when he drinks puts me in a world of regret. running away and blocking... my guard gauge  doesnt always last lol. especially when he backs off at the end and gets another free drink as soon as it wears off. very rarely am i able to get in in time to prevent him from drinking again or punishing it if he does.

if i manage to survive getting cracked open by a drink or two... or three *sweat*, command grab DM usually gets me cuz i got used to blocking so much.

most of the time i fight hwa hes on 3rd and has a lot of stock to blow.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2012, 04:17:46 AM »
Louis, it's called Dragon Backbreaker.  Hit them with one Drunk one, and they'll be mindfucked enough for you to wreck them.

Another thing is to just make sure you don't get Drunk from too far away.  Try to just do it off of your Blowback so at least you'll be close when you're Drunk initially.

As for defending Hwa...well look at Louis' problem.  Hwa has a weird offense.  When he's in on you, he's very hard to deal with, however getting and staying in is another problem

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2012, 04:38:30 AM »
Louis, it's called Dragon Backbreaker.  Hit them with one Drunk one, and they'll be mindfucked enough for you to wreck them.

You think I don't do that? The problem with his Grab Supers is that it's hard to time them and it's a huge risk to use the C version unless they're being dumb. I guarantee you that 9 times out of 10 a guy who's running away from a Drunk Hwa is waiting for 2 things: To block and punish a D SRK and looking to jump out or AB Roll out if you get close to them.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2012, 04:56:48 AM »
Well try better.  But seriously, it's pretty much your only way you're gonna open them up.

It's either that, or you can do DandyJ's Hwa strategy, and just pop HD mode, and just go buckwild with D Dragon Kicks.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »

You think I don't do that? The problem with his Grab Supers is that it's hard to time them and it's a huge risk to use the C version unless they're being dumb. I guarantee you that 9 times out of 10 a guy who's running away from a Drunk Hwa is waiting for 2 things: To block and punish a D SRK and looking to jump out or AB Roll out if you get close to them.

what about ;dn ;db ;bk ;d i believe when ur drunk ur plus 1 on block and if u hit u can link i dont get drunk but i do know this should work for sure

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2012, 01:22:38 AM »
Except that while a decent pressure tool, it doesn't help with his desire to open anyone up.  You do it more than once in a row against a good player, they'll just knock you out of the sky the second time in the gap between moves.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2012, 03:54:41 AM »
as long as people kno the risk of using it then thats there choice but at the same time i do think that people should just combo into it even if there not in the corner. so at least they can have the opponent on the floor