Author Topic: EX Kyo (NESTS)  (Read 84381 times)

solidronin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
The Kensou Guide to Nests Kyo
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2012, 07:50:55 AM »
Felt wrong to make an entire thread on this so I'll just put it here

Kensou, one of the better players we have here in my home city just put out a guide to , you guessed it, Nest Kyo.

http://skygrindah.blogspot.com/2012/05/kensou-guide-to-nests-kyo.html?spref=fb

He's not finished with it yet and I haven't had the time to read it all the way myself but I hope it gives everyone a helping hand.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:52:29 AM by solidronin »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
Re: EX Kyo (NESTS)
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2012, 08:44:50 AM »
Yo someone please put that on the front page!

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2012, 04:55:08 PM »
In that guide, he has j.2C crossup listed as being not as useful as XIII Kyo's, I don't understand why this is. What's changed about it? They both have setups for crossup using it. I'm not arguing the point, I just don't see the explaination in that guide.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
In that guide, he has j.2C crossup listed as being not as useful as XIII Kyo's, I don't understand why this is. What's changed about it? They both have setups for crossup using it. I'm not arguing the point, I just don't see the explaination in that guide.
They actually shrunk the hit box of J.2C for EX Kyo. Making it a little harder to hit people with.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »

Huh? Pretty sure I heard on streams multiple times that EX Kyo's is basically like arcade Kyo's, so it has a bigger chance of crossing up.

From tournaments, and from getting smacked regularly myself with it, I can say with confidence that this move is an abusable POS and there is nothing nerfed about it.

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
Just started running EX Kyo on point, man is he amazing.  I didn't realize aragami wasn't safe on block, since running him I have NEVER been punished for it (I usually do cr. b, cr. b, st. b, aragami).  I gotta let everyone in my scene know how to do it, and also start using more st. C, f+b, aragami. 

Also I notice the person who did the testing has two strings that start with cr.b and st. C, does anyone know if it changes the punishability (probably not a real word) whether or not you start with a jump in (j. 2C or j. C)?  I use a lot of hop 2C pressure which leads into either of these chains. 

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2012, 06:00:49 AM »
If you're talking about aragami(1) punishability, how far away you are after it gets blocked will often be a factor - farther the better.

d.B, st.C is a great link when close and timing isn't too difficult. Opens up all of the good combos that would start from strong off of a low.

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
d.B, st.C is a great link when close and timing isn't too difficult. Opens up all of the good combos that would start from strong off of a low.
so is d.B, st. C, aragami(1) safer than cr.b, cr.b, st.b, aragami(1) and/or st. C, f+b, aragami(1)?  Also is d.b, st. C, f+b, aragami(1) possible?  I've never thought to try that.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »
Bilingual (French and English) Tutorial for Ex kyo by Frionel, I didn't thought it may interest earlier, but meh, who knows?
http://fr.twitch.tv/frionel26/b/319959726
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:54 AM »
really fucking impressive... seriously i think it's better than japan master class series. frionel rules.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2012, 09:06:39 AM »
Frionel always does it like a bauss - always great detail.

Most people don't understand the purpose of the Master Class vids.

Those are not tutorials, they are experiments for entertainment purposes.

Premise: The guy in those vids deliberately seeks no contact with the characters until he is covering one of them based on popularity voting (hence the xls sheet) and he begins by exploring their moves for the first time while passing opinion on them and then proceeds to see how quickly he can finish all the trials for that character.

He did the same for 2k2um back in the day.

One thing I will say is that those execution skills are sick.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
ah, i see... you have right i didn't know totally :\ thx.

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
how can i test the j.d+c hit box between the oirgnal and the nest kyo
i mean is there a setup that can be done after hard knock down moves( C or D  hrow or hcb+K) the normal kyo can do while the nest cannot ..??

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2012, 12:17:45 AM »
Hey everyone!

NEST Kyo just happens to be one of my main characters on point. At this point, NEST Kyo is very good on point, but also does well as a battery as well. A few months ago, I created a board on SRK to elaborate more on his game play a little. Feel free to use this as a reference, provide additional information, or to address game play match ups.
Source: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nests-kyo-tier-placement-and-practical-game-play-tactics.152688/

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »

Guys I am having trouble in executing the c dp into qcf c HD combo. Previously I was doing the qcf c, qcf a, qcf c  hcb a, qcf a etc; I can execute this easily but he's my point character and I need the damage.

Any tips?