Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Console)  (Read 94179 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui (Console)
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
Read at the beginning of this page... Reiki mentioned the one that you don't have to be far for... The one I posted does the most damage and builds the most meter so far...

What exactly is the issue? Reiki said that c.B c.B s.A gives you good spacing for C+D qcf.A. I added that if you input it slowly you get pushed back further and you have to modify the combo or take a step forward. All those ellipsis' seem to imply frustration, but i honestly don't see what i am supposed to have missed. Your combo does more damage, yes, it is however not quite the same combo and i never implied "mine" was better, i just found it funny that you could juggle with so many projectiles in a row to good effect.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »

'Kay, so I thought this information might be useful. Also, publicizing DandyJ's work is fun!

Back on topic, I don't particularly want any credit or what not. The only reason I changed Fluke's combo was because I couldn't do three fans and tried to do something else. For me, I just want to be helpful, not really be the best Mai or greatest source of information. So lets not undercut each other or put each other down, alright? Also, you could do d.B, d.B, st.A or you could do d.B, d.B, d.A. You could also do d.B, d.A and do the CD into qcb+A cancel, but really for that one it doesn't matter. With her corner throw cross up craziness, people REALLY wanna avoid being cornered. It also means the number one goal should be pushing people to the corner and figuring out the best ways to do that.

Anyway, so yeah, Mai can "corner" cross up from her throw. Dunno if it was posted yet, but thought I'd make sure. Not only is her damage increased by almost 200% in the corner, you get mixed up after her throw. Sooo nuts.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:24:09 PM by Reiki.Kito »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »
I skipped to the mai part of that video, had no idea she could do stuff like that. Kind of nasty, but then again, if she puts her own ass against the corner she won't do much damage, so it's a pretty fair mixup imo.

calibur753

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »
As a Mai player this is great new   ;)
I'm a O.G. of Fighting Games and always looking for a good fight. think you can beat me ? hit me up on xbox live. my gamer tag is, CALIBUR753

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »
So, I've struck gold in a most surprising way!

It's a bit tricky, but if you do this combo starter in the corner, you can do 3 C version Ryuuenbus! Even more surprising, it's our established "Get into proper spacing" starter with your CD!

So, in the corner you can do: (Hop C), d.B, d.B, d.A, qcb+AC, (slight delay), qcb+C, qcb+C, (slight delay) qcb+C (1 hit), qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C = 488 dmg 455 with the jump attack.

It's very easy to hit confirm since it's 3 hits, it gains a crap ton of meter, (That's a total of 6 special moves), if it's blocked, you're in perfect position to do your CD set up, and best of all, you don't HAVE to do this combo. You can just wait and do your regular 1 EX, 2 C version ryuuenbu combo!

I call it The Yon-bi! (Four tails)

You can also, on counter hit, do st.CD, qcf+A, qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C (1hit), qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C
as well.

EDIT: I can't get the air throw, but you can hit them with d.C on the way down from the Ryuuenbu for 472 dmg. That's about as much as if you did do an air throw.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:03:06 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Sprint

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
You don't need to delay the first qcb+C if you space it a bit more. Use a slightly delayed standing A instead of a crouching A to create the extra distance. You then delay the second Ryuuenbu instead.

It's also possible to get a bit of extra height to connect with an airthrow after the last qcb+C.

Or alternatively...
Ridiculously impractical 120 Stun combo (2 drive, 2 bars):
Jump C, d.C, qcf+A, s.A, qcb+AC, qcb+C [delay] qcb+C, qcb+C [DC] qcb+AC, qcb[walk backwards]+C, qcb+C, qcb+C [DC] qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, d.C

The delays basically require single frame timing for the full combo to work, i.e. the first possible frame where the Ryuuenbu connects fully. The good thing about it is once you've got it right a few times, you can immediately tell when you've delayed for too long and just switch to a different combo or go for a reset (e.g. d.C, d...uf+C, d.B). Just make sure you don't cut the delays too short or it's a guaranteed combo drop.

Post-stun:
Jump C, d.C, qcf+A, s.A, qcb+AC, qcb+C [delay] qcb+C, qcb+C, d.C or Airthrow
Jump C, d.C, qcf+A, s.A, qcb+AC, qcb+C, j.qcb-hcf+BD, qcb+C, d.C or Airthrow

The entire thing ends up doing around 800 damage, and it builds so much meter that you can end up with nearly as much as you started with. It's just a shame that it's so preventatively hard.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:58:09 PM by Sprint »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »
Wuuuut, we got stun combos now! It's worth trying to learn. Joe's stun combo is pretty hard too, but it's do-able.

Sprint

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »
2 drive cancels and 7 burnt meters later...

To give some perspective as to how hard this is to get down, I also have about an hours worth of footage of nothing but me completely failing it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:27:43 AM by Sprint »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2012, 09:18:29 AM »
I'd assume this is actually harder to be consistent with than the Joe stun combo because of the qcf.A s.A parts and the fact that you have to so to say manually time the ryuuenbus. It's also a bummer that it has to start with a jump in. I assume that you don't know of a way to do a variation off of c.B?

Either way, really cool find.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »
This is still so awesome! Pulling this off makes Mai even more dangerous than before! Hell, you could probably set this up from the counter hit stuff we were doing!

I didn't think Kachosen did so much stun. It's like 6! I guess you have to do it this way or else! It probably won't work the same, but since you can easily do the same setup for this from d.B, d.B, d.A, qcb+AC =>, you might as well go for it 'cause any hit confirm after will be a stun anyway.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:58:31 PM by Reiki.Kito »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
@ Sprint - Best Mai combo ever... That was soo epic... Good job man...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »
I'd suggest any Mai players to watch the Week 3 Kohaku matches.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

calibur753

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2012, 12:39:37 AM »
As a Mai player I'm hyped I must learn how to play like this
I'm a O.G. of Fighting Games and always looking for a good fight. think you can beat me ? hit me up on xbox live. my gamer tag is, CALIBUR753

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:24 AM »
Good lookin out saitsu

'dernGod's Mai (dernShin) right on the front page:

http://dreamcancel.com/2012/05/25/drive-cancel-radio-japan-podcast-3/

That shit is off the hook...

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »
Well so now we got new corner combos... It's a one frame link one but well it's cool as hell...

0 meter - j.C, cr.C, qcf+A, cr.C, qcb+A = 301 dmg

1 meter - J.C, cr.C, qcf+A, s.A, qcb+AC, qcb+C, qcb+C, Air Throw = 502 dmg (468dmg if you start from cr.C)

2 + 2 HD - j.C, cr.C, qcf+A, cr.C, late HD~far C, hcf+D, DC, air qcb+C, hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, hcf+B, DC, qcb+A, hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, hcf+D, DC, Neomax = 869 dmg
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!