Author Topic: Takuma Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 66214 times)

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Takuma Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:46 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for doing the qcf+D-crouching A link? I can do it, but I would like to do it more consistently and I can´t find any way to improve my efficiency. If done in the corner, and started from jumpC, C, f+B, it seems you have to hit the jC quite high, cancel the C into f+B as fast as posible, and then cancel the f+B into qcf+D as fast as posible too, while trying to keep really close to the dummy all the time, but I can´t pull the combo even with 33% efficiency. Doing it at mid-screen or in the corner starting with C (no jump C) seems to need slightly diferent timing. Is there something I´m missing? Any tips? Thanx in advance.

No secrets. Just good ol' fashioned practice. Hit training mode and keep doing it over and over.

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for doing the qcf+D-crouching A link? I can do it, but I would like to do it more consistently and I can´t find any way to improve my efficiency. If done in the corner, and started from jumpC, C, f+B, it seems you have to hit the jC quite high, cancel the C into f+B as fast as posible, and then cancel the f+B into qcf+D as fast as posible too, while trying to keep really close to the dummy all the time, but I can´t pull the combo even with 33% efficiency. Doing it at mid-screen or in the corner starting with C (no jump C) seems to need slightly diferent timing. Is there something I´m missing? Any tips? Thanx in advance.

No secrets. Just good ol' fashioned practice. Hit training mode and keep doing it over and over.

I wasn´t expecting any "magical" trick, just some advices. Of course, thanx, anyway.
Believe me when I say that I have been practicing for lots of hours, I was just hoping someone would have "mastered" this link or that there was some kind of "general advice" like to do the C,f+B, db-f+D.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 08:23:20 PM »
Do people even use Takuma's EX Haohshikouken? It seems like it would be good for punishing projectiles or even as a follow up to his  ;d Hienshippukyaku.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »
Do people even use Takuma's EX Haohshikouken? It seems like it would be good for punishing projectiles or even as a follow up to his  ;d Hienshippukyaku.

QCF+AC [SC] Ex Haohshikouken = win

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »
Any tips/set ups on how to land Takuma's command grab? I usually throw out an EX version on wake-up, but other than that I haven't been very successful in landing his command grab.

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 12:54:56 AM »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2012, 04:09:31 AM »
^good shit.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:16 AM »
Any tips/set ups on how to land Takuma's command grab? I usually throw out an EX version on wake-up, but other than that I haven't been very successful in landing his command grab.

I don't play Takuma but I usually get grabbed if they tick throw me using maybe j.D (or hop D) or so, and I forget to alternate guard. So you can probably try to experiment with using some tick throw setups but be aware that some players can read those setups.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 12:46:39 PM »

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 02:51:24 AM »
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 05:32:19 AM »

I use it sometimes, but you shouldn´t rely very much on that move, the regular version is pretty crappy. It is another option to surprise the enemy, but nothing spectacular if you use it as a stand alone move.
It is incredibly usefull in all his combos, and that should be the main usage for it. Outside of combos...not recommended (only in ocations, as I mentioned earlier, to surprise the enemy).

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »
As someone asked on our last vid on youtube (KOF XIII Combo Exhibition -Chapter one-), I´ll try to explain some tips for the qcf+D - crouching A link:
I´ve not found any 100% reliable method but it seems that if you start from jC (then C, f+B), the C must hit as close to the dummy as posible, and it must be canceled into f+B as soon as posible too. The f+b SEEMS like must be canceled just before it hits. Again, this is not 100% acurate.
If done with no jump before (just C, f+B, qcf+D, like after Takuma´s command grab) the timing seems to differ a bit. You must cancel C into f+B as fast as posible, but to cancel the f+B into qcf+D it seems you have to wait a little more than in the 1st example.
Again, this is not a 100% sure way to make the link work. I spent hours to record that combo.
I hope it helps.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »
Incredible vid - very well done. Some crazy shit in there

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »
I am working on a new version of my video with a better translation and few correction

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »
When its done, can it be featured on Takuma's wiki here?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."