Author Topic: Leona Heidern (Console)  (Read 97687 times)

kotokot

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Leona Heidern (Console)
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
i think you can't cancel aerial attacks into hd? tried this with K' for doing j.D into j.214D>j.214BD
i don't see why you can't do it in combo, will test at home, and i think it's good only for do after earring

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 05:29:50 AM »
Some HD instant overhead stuff. You can also combo from the moves used for blockstun on hit:

The King of Fighters XIII: Leona - Fun with HD Instant Overheads

Kazuhiro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 07:08:07 AM »
Put something together for my current anchor!

KOF XIII: Leona BnBs & Practical Combos

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 07:37:41 AM »
So, figured I'd play around with Leona and figure out a few of her neutral stuffs. I don't think it's listed in the wiki or not, but there are a couple of guaranteed cross-up set-ups that Leona has that seem pretty easy to get.

Off of any knockdown like her earrings, orb, or a sweep, you can quickly super jump and do j.C

Doing it deep will cross them up on wake-up. I couldn't even DP when I made the computer do this set-up. The jump looks ambiguous like SAB-CA said earlier in this thread so it's hard to tell if it's going to cross up or not, especially on wake up. I think scoring a hit and following up with a crossup is good too.

You can apply hop pressure by throwing out low Bs. d.B x2, hyper hop C or D can be a cross up as well. A regular hop will go over a crouching opponent. It's not a discovery, but atleast knowing how to get in some way with Leona with examples would help.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »
I don't think it's listed in the wiki or not, but there are a couple of guaranteed cross-up set-ups that Leona has that seem pretty easy to get.

Turn [Passive Move] on. Be careful saying "guaranteed set-ups" for wake up situations that don't come from hard/untechable knockdowns.

Also, her only hard knockdown is her f+B. Strike Arch has variable range (won't always hit from the same distance/dependent on your spacing), so it's not guaranteed either. Even at point blank, the only real way to get a cross-up from that is to take a half-step backwards before doing the j.C, which is pretty obvious. If you take into the consideration of the changes to crossing up coupled with the hitstun on jump-ins, it's pretty difficult to land a useful cross-up j.C on a mindful opponent in console vs arcade.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:00:52 PM by FataCon »

kotokot

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »
safejumps after f.B and f.B 214C in corner.

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 11:05:59 PM »
A friend of mines told me to post my CV for Leona I recently made for her
its not the best in the world but it has some useful stuff I hope every1 enjoys it

KOF XIII Leona Combo Video

HalfEmpty

• Rising Dragon
  • I shall plague you forever
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 08:54:40 PM »
so... how well could somebody break down the timing and execution on those charged Drive Cancels on the forum here? I went into training with her recently and could not for the life of me figure out how to properly slam out those  ;bk- ;fd ;d  to  ;dn- ;up ;c cancels repeatedly. I could get one after another and then I was completely LOST on the execution, the rhythm... everything.

I'm considering using her. I have Mature as an anchor on one of my teams but I dunno if she's the best way to go, so I'm thinking of poppin Betty or Leona at the bottom of one of those teams.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:35:52 PM by HalfEmpty »

----------
keep playing and keep thinking

BigToughMcGruff

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »

so... how well could somebody break down the timing and execution on those charged Drive Cancels on the forum here? I went into training with her recently and could not for the life of me figure out how to properly slam out those  ;bk- ;fd ;d  to  ;dn- ;up ;c cancels repeatedly. I could get one after another and then I was completely LOST on the execution, the rhythm... everything.

I'm considering using her. I have Mature as an anchor on one of my teams but I dunno if she's the best way to go, so I'm thinking of poppin Betty or Leona at the bottom of one of those teams.
I would think doing ;bk ;fd ;d immediately moving to ;df to charge down then ;up ;c would work, since corners charge both directions.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:56:03 PM by BigToughMcGruff »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 12:37:30 AM »
I would think doing ;bk ;fd ;d immediately moving to ;df to charge down then ;up ;c would work, since corners charge both directions.

Remember to always use  ;db or  ;ub, as storing a forward charge does nothing.

In the corner you can do MS (DC) GS, MS (DC) GS, etc., but mid-screen you have to do MS (DC) GS (DC) MS (DC) GS, etc. So, the timing is a bit more difficult mid-screen. Generally, I feel like the loop isn't worth it mid-screen unless you're in HD for the free cancels.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 06:02:41 AM »
Finally getting down the Moon Slasher -> Grand Sabre cancels down consistently - at least in the corner ([d~u+C, b~f+D] x 5). It helped me to aim for up-back to up-forward during the Grand Sabre portions, that way I could hit either up-forward or forward and get it to work, instead of hitting down-forward on accident and making the loop fail.

Mienaikage, I caught your other video for full kill combos off 4 bars from virtually full screen - awesome stuff, will have to practice that next. I saw one portion where you were doing EX MS -> GS -> MS -> GS all from HD cancels - any special commands for that? I figured EX GS gave you enough time to get a charge for MS without a cancel but I didn't think you'd have enough time for the d~u charge after a regular GS.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

BigToughMcGruff

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 06:13:41 AM »

Remember to always use  ;db or  ;ub, as storing a forward charge does nothing.

In the corner you can do MS (DC) GS, MS (DC) GS, etc., but mid-screen you have to do MS (DC) GS (DC) MS (DC) GS, etc. So, the timing is a bit more difficult mid-screen. Generally, I feel like the loop isn't worth it mid-screen unless you're in HD for the free cancels.
Yeah, but in this particular instance we're not looking to use another  ;bk charge, until possibly after the  ;up ;c, in which case you'd just move to ;ub immediately after to charge  ;bk for another  ;bk ;fd ;d Outside a pre-thought out combo though, yeah, charging  ;fd would be rather silly.

SixMachine

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 08:05:29 AM »
Some HD instant overhead stuff. You can also combo from the moves used for blockstun on hit:

Really cool. In your experience, how difficult is that to pull that off in a real match? Do you think you have enough time to confirm from the far C (or even close D) if they are crouching or not to decide on a followup in the pace of a regular match?

Also is trial 5 suppose to be that hard to get in a corner? I was taking like 2 hours to land it, until my brother was said,"Maybe it's a midscreen combo?" and I managed to nail it much easier. In the corner it seems like I'm way too slow to get the cancel, but midscreen it so easy to do.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:10:38 AM by SixMachine »

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 02:01:35 AM »

Really cool. In your experience, how difficult is that to pull that off in a real match? Do you think you have enough time to confirm from the far C (or even close D) if they are crouching or not to decide on a followup in the pace of a regular match?

I haven't been playing many matches because I've pretty much abandoned online, but I would say doing it off far ;c is more for the surprise element because far ;c + HD closes the gap really fast. Close ;d however will give you a lot more time to confirm, especially if you start with a jump in.

There's always the possibility that an advanced player will go from crouching to standing, which is why starting the combo with low moves should also be a consideration. You're at a massive advantage because blockstun means they can't do anything but block high or low, unless they ;c + ;d your ;c / ;d

It's still possible to hit jumping ;a as an instant overhead after using crouching ;b s, so going low is the safer option. You need to commit to a special if you want to land something from the overhead however.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 03:59:37 AM »
So I've come across some interesting tricks with Leona, but unfortunately my PC is borked and I can't capture anything at the moment.

Give this a go while standing next to your opponent:
;dn ;df ;fd ;uf, ;a + ;c

Press the buttons when you're above their head.

Have fun!

EDIT: Did some capturing using an Ubuntu live USB, capturing was a little slow due to the provided software crashing every time I stopped recording, but I got there in the end and should have a video with some interesting stuff up later today.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:24:09 PM by Mienaikage »