Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120797 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #315 on: October 06, 2013, 01:12:55 AM »
Kula is like K' in that she doesn't have a command grab or a whole buttload of invincible moves. You can apply frame traps and aggressive pressure on Kula that will make her a lot less dangerous because she can't move.

If Kula is doing Lay Spin at a distance, she's likely using far st.C, CD, or st.B. If you block far st.C or CD and they cancel into Lay Spin, you can't do anything. They're too far away, but you're at neutral. In fact, you're a little faster. Kula's st.B is 4F, K' d.B is 4F. If she does Lay Spin at that distance and tries to poke you with st.B, you beat her out with d.B. This proves she is negative on block still. Anything she does after this blockstring will not beat you. Throw out a d.B to keep her honest. If she starts to jump after Lay spin to avoid punishment, you can anti-air her normally.

If she does st.B, that's not even a block string. You can DP her after she does st.B and cancels. She has to space it far enough and that's probably gonna be after some d.Bs. It's not easy to buffer a DP after one st.B, but with practice, you can. However, after two d.Bs into st.B, you can expose that weakness with dp+C real easy. Dp+A trades most of the time but allows for a follow up qcb+B.

As for when Kula stops using Lay Spin and starts using Ice Breath, here's the scoop:

Use dp+C when you think she does st.C to start into Ice Breath. It'll go right through and interrupt her before she does it.

Use qcf+BD (EX Blackout) to get around her when she does st.B into Ice Breath at max range. Other methods work, but you will trade if you don't delay it at the right moment. This is 100% insurance in that you will get a full combo punish when she does that.

Use dp+AC (EX Crowbites) when she does far st.C into Ice Breath. For some reason, K' will dp the first time through it and then rip her to shreds.

Also, qcb+BD (EX Minute Spike) works on every version. EX Minute Spike has guardpoint on the its first frame of start up. It eats up frame traps that are tight like that. You get a nice corner carry too. Try it out in training mode, tell me what you think.

Coliflowerz

• Strongest Tiger
  • #topshelfesteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2013, 10:50:50 PM »
Try staying out of Lay Spin range in the first place. I don't think Minute Spike can beat the gap in the blockstring. Just stick with your DP. Be sure to button hold it; comes out easier.
I do nothing but post KOFXIV tech so gimme a follow if you like that
https://twitter.com/coliflowerz
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coliflowerz

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »
EX Minute spike doesn't beat it, it absorbs the hit caused by the attack.

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
  • Being on Jesus' Side, I already win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:15 PM »
Need help with Trials. I've seen the videos but need moar expert help. Anyone???
XBL/Steam: capamerica137
Let's Go Falcons! #RiseUp #NFL

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »
Need help with Trials. I've seen the videos but need moar expert help. Anyone???

Which trial is giving you issues?

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2013, 02:54:34 AM »

Which trial is giving you issues?

Trial 5, barely got past Trial 4, and I KNOW the next 5 after this WILL BE HOURS OF WHIFFS.

It's the 2 Tiger Knee Minute Spikes.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:51:21 AM by Paul Howard »

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »
You can either qcb~ub+BD or qcb~b+BD.

The first one is the most common but the move can come out at different heights depending on when you press the buttons. The second one is much better for "low" as possible air ms.

For this trial, you need them fairly high up i would suggest the second method (IMO, the better option when you want to do air ms after DM's). You can also add additional moves to the combo as long as the sequence combo is still complete. If you do a jCD after qcf+qcf+A~f+D, it will be alittle bit better for hitting the air ms at the peak of the fall. You also have to do the DM as soon as you land

Paul Howard

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2013, 05:20:57 AM »
I just did it using the first method. I wasn't even in the zone that much and I just did it; BRAINDEAD. Had gone to the kitchen to warm up my pizza, got back on, and did it right there.
All those other thousands of tries I musta been in TriHard mode. *facepalm*
Now on to Trial 6.

RagingStormX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 29, 2013, 05:14:25 AM »
Im trying to cancel his dp to ein trigger and I get super 90% of the time regardless of how Im timing it. Is there any input tricks someone wants to enlighten me about to avoid getting super?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 29, 2013, 06:44:57 AM »
Im trying to cancel his dp to ein trigger and I get super 90% of the time regardless of how Im timing it. Is there any input tricks someone wants to enlighten me about to avoid getting super?

DP's can be alternately inputted as a hcb,f motion. Doing that and then cancelling to a qcf will ensure you don't cancel into the super.

If you ever need help with inputs in the future, go to this thread for reference.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:46:36 AM by marchefelix »

RagingStormX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2013, 06:19:52 AM »

DP's can be alternately inputted as a hcb,f motion. Doing that and then cancelling to a qcf will ensure you don't cancel into the super.

If you ever need help with inputs in the future, go to this thread for reference.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
I did some digging and found that thanks for the reply though.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
So, was watching the latest video about weird tech where you can cross people up with supers. I tried it with K' today and seems you can do the same instance after any knockdown if you time it right. It is a bit gimmicky, but because you can cause knockdowns from qcf+P, this can be useful to making people confused about when to block.

A slight delay in timing will make it hit in front of them, but that also is to your advantage if people understand the gimmick.

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
  • With these eyes, I can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 16, 2014, 03:00:19 AM »
^Where can this video be found?

Also hey everyone. I played K' when I first picked up the game, dropped him from my main team the moment I discovered the DLC characters (Iori was an easy replacement) but I still run K' in casuals from time to time... and get blown up horribly because I have no idea how to approach my opponent aside from zoning with fireballs or random minute spikes. How on earth is one supposed to play this character well when he has so many shitty day 1 gimmicks at his disposal? Having to ignore over half your movelist in most situations seems rather difficult if you ask me >.>
Shen's is the Cr.C that pierces the heavens...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 16, 2014, 06:59:10 AM »
http://dreamcancel.com/2014/01/13/kofxiii-cross-up-supers-tech/

Right here.

Most of it is technical and dependent on situational awareness. Most of the use you'll get out of K' is footsies.

Chrome Homura

• New Challenger
  • With these eyes, I can't lose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 16, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
...hot damn, the uploader made it a private video. YOLO!

Footsies, huh? I can respect that, though I don't think he'll be regaining a slot on my "real" team any time soon. I played a couple matches with him tonight, and I found myself lacking. The set caused me to rediscover my groove for the game as a whole, and I have to thank K' for his part in that. I no longer see K' in my future with this game though, King will always perform better for me personally.
Shen's is the Cr.C that pierces the heavens...