Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120778 times)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
K' users. Meta data up.

Reiki, many thanks for setting up the table ahead of time.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=K%27_(XIII)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
So, here's something funny you can do with K' in the corner.

If you put someone in the corner, do st.B. As soon as you are able, do st.D. You'll be placed close enough where you can hit them with cl.D, but also be far away enough that you can do a dp+C ender from your Ein trigger chain. It's not a link though so they can block, but st.B gives you +1 frames so you're pretty good on block.

Iyokuu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »
Hey all, I'm new to KOF and looking into K' as my first character. Any tips you guys can give to a complete beginner in this game? [Note I came from an SF background, but I'm here to improve my execution skills and learn proper fundamentals of the game.]

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
Hey all, I'm new to KOF and looking into K' as my first character. Any tips you guys can give to a complete beginner in this game? [Note I came from an SF background, but I'm here to improve my execution skills and learn proper fundamentals of the game.]

Howdy! Best thing I can suggest for you with K' is to first learn how to protect yourself without using meter! You don't want to rely on meter so much for situations that don't need it!

Defense with normals is important. Using st.A to anti-air people that hop is better than trying to anti-air with Ein Trigger or a dp sometimes. You want to make full use of your normals to poke people when you can. His far standing D is also a great anti-air and has a very long hitbox. You can use it to keep people from full jumping in on you. If you want to get real ballsy, you can HD activate off of it and go for a full combo, but that's more advanced.

d.C is probably one of his slower anti-airs, but if they try to safe jump, your st.A whiffed, or what not, this can easily be cancelled into any other special or command normal.

Playing defense can be beneficial. K' special moves can lead into combos from random hits. Say for example if I pressure someone with his fireball and they try to jump after. I could do Minute spike as they jump and snag them out of the air for a full combo. If they try to jump in on me from high up, I could dp or use Ein Trigger into f+D to snag them out of the air for a full combo.

My suggestion, for defensive purposes, always use C version Ein Trigger. The fireball moves faster, the hitbox on his flame kick is longer, the actual Ein Trigger has longer active frames and people can even land in it if they jumped too poorly. It's a very good neutral game tool.

Sometimes the best defense is running away. You can't always be pressured in the corner. Using his B or D teleport to run or get around your opponent is a good idea, especially if you don't want to waste meter to GC Roll or GC Counter. Also, defense is about not making too many silly and unnecessary errors. K' heavy version DP is invincible on start up, but slow. If you could hit them with a normal, hit them with a normal. Don't depend on your C Dp for anti-air or your Minute spike into narrow spike for getting in. Both are extremely punishable moves. I'm not saying you shouldn't try it, but mix up your aggression with plain run-ins or jump-ins or someone will block narrow spike low and punish you.

Combos
If you want to get in with a full combo in midscreen, these are what you need to do.

(As close as possible) d.B, qcf+A, f+D =>
Hop C, st.C(1), qcf+A, f+D =>

Now these are two hit, hit confirms. That's not entirely easy, but what you can do is, if it's blocked, do f+B instead. This does the fireball and is much safer on block than f+D. Also, d.B won't combo in a jump in unless you cross them up. That's not very easy with K', but as you learn more about him, you'll get it and that d.B, qcf+A, f+D will come in handy.

Other than that, you really want to push your opponents to the corner. You can get full combos in the corner with hop-ins for practically any normal as long as you're in the corner.

EX meter makes it so any combo starter can turn into a full combo, but only do this in the midscreen or if you want that extra damage. If you don't have to use it to start your combo, don't.

Pressure
When you're far away, use your Ein Trigger by itself to neutralize fireballs until you can get in hop range. From there, you can use your very fast normals to poke at your opponent and push them to the corner. Mix up your constant hop pressure, j.CDs, and hopping and doing nothing to throw them off. When you hop and do nothing, you can land into a low B or you can throw them. Either way, lead them towards the corner.

In the corner, if they're still blocking, you can apply some serious pressure to them. I like to do d.B, d.B, qcf+A and quickly do st.B. St.B pins them down if they tried to press anything or jump. If they didn't do anything after the st.B, run up and do it again. You can mix up your pressure with other strings like st.C (1 hit), qcf+A, d.B, qcf+A or d.B, qcf+A, d.B, qcf+A. You want to keep pressuring them with your Ein Trigger until they make a mistake and you can score a full combo off of them. It's important to keep them from jumping out. If you know they're gonna jump, hopping straight up with jump B or jump D to knock them out of the air.

When you improve a bit more, you can TK (Tiger Knee A.K.A  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub) your air minute spike when you land to instantly hit someone after you hit them with an air-to-air normal.

Anyway, hope this is helpful! Check out the wiki for more combos or general information, but this should be sufficient for a beginner.

Iyokuu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2012, 11:16:47 PM »
Wow... :D I wasn't expecting anything like this, but this is some great info! Being new and all it's gonna be a month or so before I actually can learn to implement hops and other technical stuff into my combos. I'm in Shoryuken daily with SFxT being out and all, so if this is just as active I'll be here a lurking these forums as well. Thanks again Reiki!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
Wow... :D I wasn't expecting anything like this, but this is some great info! Being new and all it's gonna be a month or so before I actually can learn to implement hops and other technical stuff into my combos. I'm in Shoryuken daily with SFxT being out and all, so if this is just as active I'll be here a lurking these forums as well. Thanks again Reiki!

Yeah def hang out here, get ur KOF fix ;)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
So I'm trying out K' shortcut for dp into fireball  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd.

Now, for some reason. If I press dp+A~C, it rarely comes out on time. However if I do dp+A~B/D, it always works and I get a teleport. That's so dumb ;-;

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
So I'm trying out K' shortcut for dp into fireball  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd.

Now, for some reason. If I press dp+A~C, it rarely comes out on time. However if I do dp+A~B/D, it always works and I get a teleport. That's so dumb ;-;

The times I've tried it Dp+A~C Ein Trigger will come out late. As far as I know that works all the time in HD mode perfectly. I usually resort to HCB,F+A~QCF+C but that has more room for error for me. For some reason K' seems to have the hardest Dp into fireball "timing" (i guess you can put it that way) weird hu?
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2012, 06:41:50 AM »
Ryo is really similar in this respect. I feel your pain. HD no probs. Outside of HD, the fb is a touch late, but crackingly hard timing to master.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2012, 03:49:18 PM »
Gotta be a better way to master that sort of cancel, but I am glad that there's plenty of ways to do it.

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »
Cross-up setup

-Crouching character-
cr.b, cr.b, st.b, hop.b, hop.C
Description -- This is a typical block string that can be hit-confirmed from the hop b. If the hop b connects, you can do a BnB, HD, whatever combo. If it's blocked, do a hop C and it will cross up as long as the opponent continues to crouch. If the opponent blocks both, you can still do another block string. You can even mix it up and instead of doing a hop C, you can empty jump to a low or a throw.

Notes -- You can only do the 2 cr.Bs when you're at point blank range. If you're a bit farther (you usually will be), this will still work with 1 cr.B into a st.B.  This string is also pretty easy to memorize the first time you're hit by it, meaning you shouldn't be using this crossup string constantly. Try to mix it up and confuse your opponent. This also puts you on the near-max range of your Ein Trigger. If you've conditioned your opponent to expect a hop B, pull out a Trigger instead and they'll get hit by it. You can't do a Second Shell after it because the range is too far, so if you can hit confirm the Trigger, then follow up with a Second Shoot. If they block the Trigger, you're completely safe.
If you do the Trigger, you can also do a B-version Blackout followup, and K' will teleport right in front of the opponent.

What it loses to -- This loses to a straight up standing jab/A when you attempt to hop either the first or second time. However, the opponent would have to react well to the hop B. Some jabs will trade with the hop b and will just put everyone on neutral ground.
If you're going for the Trigger mixup after the st.b, always use the C-version Trigger. The big weakness of this crossup/mixup is that the opponent can predict the hop B and use their own hop. Hop attacks like Kula's hop b or Iori's hop b (maybe even his D) can straight up beat your hop. If you use the A-version of the Ein Trigger, the hitbox of the trigger will not hit the opponent if they hop forward, and they can hit confirm into a combo. The C-version and EX version always will.
Raw Heavy-Version and EX DPs beat all of these. Weak-version DPs will trade against the Trigger.

I doubt it's new technology. But I wrote it down myself because it's very useful. You have multiple hit confirms (cr.b, cr.b, st.b and a hop b), a mixup (C Eins Trigger), and a crossup setup all in one. It could also condition the opponent to force a DP if he's scared, and you can simply block, dash and punish. Extremely useful.

The only real downside is that if you go for the Trigger mixup and they block it, you force them pretty far back, and you lose your pressure zone.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:22:02 AM by FullMetal »

Ironreaver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2012, 09:06:42 PM »
I dont use K but i think i might, i was missing around with his block strings to find vulnerabilities and openings for KIM but  ;dn ;b ;b  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a or  ;c is safe but Kim can EX Hiezan (flash kick) out of it now...  ;dn ;b ;a into Ein Trigger is way safer. i thik the  ;dn ;a has more block stun so it cant be interupted by DPs and Flash kick moves....prolly old knowledge but thought i'd share just in case

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2012, 03:00:53 AM »
I dont use K but i think i might, i was missing around with his block strings to find vulnerabilities and openings for KIM but  ;dn ;b ;b  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a or  ;c is safe but Kim can EX Hiezan (flash kick) out of it now...  ;dn ;b ;a into Ein Trigger is way safer. i thik the  ;dn ;a has more block stun so it cant be interupted by DPs and Flash kick moves....prolly old knowledge but thought i'd share just in case

Yeah,  ;dn ;b ;b is a bad blockstring, but if it hits, it does 58. Meanwhile  ;dn ;b ;a is a true blockstring but during confirmation does only 53. If you don't mind losing 5 points of damage, then you should stick with  ;dn ;b ;a. But if you want better range and 5 extra damage, then  ;dn ;b ;b is your way to start combos from a low.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2012, 05:21:55 AM »
If you could try other DPs as well, we could test how serious of an issue it is. In my opinion, it doesn't feel too bad for us to switch to d.B, d.A. If we're fighting Kim, maybe so, but I'd rather have the ability to poke and hit the opponent than the possibility of it whiffing.

d.A has terrible range and makes it hard to hit with. I wouldn't recommend it in combos, but if you guys feel it works, I'm not gonna argue.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »
The question at hand should be where the DP is happening (between the two  ;dn ;b attacks or between ;dn ;b and  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a or  ;c) and whether or not that reversal is being done on reaction. If you can reverse with DP on reaction, then we need to reassess our offensive approach. If the DP is a guess, then it's simply another way to bait people, since they're taking a huge risk by trying to DP out of a string which can be stopped early for no real risk.