Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120798 times)

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
Are there any good safe-jump setups that K' has? And what's the best way for K' to keep the pressure on opponents?

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2012, 03:05:02 AM »
The only real safe jump setup I know of is after a throw, since it grounds them right next to you and disallows fallbreak. Just hop with  ;c with the correct timing.

The nerfs to Trigger and its followups seem to have had a really distinct effect on K's ability to pressure people. I tend to play more of a spacing K'. I also abuse j. ;c ;d a lot due to the ability to hit things like air Minute Spike or EX Chain Drive afterwards, you can abuse it somewhat due to its silly hitbox and large blockstun. From round start distance or closer, you can follow a j. ;c ;d with a hop into an HD bypass combo, provided you have at least one stock available. As far as actual pressure, I think the most legit thing available is EX Trigger pressure in the corner, since it gives a massive amount of frame advantage and also does huge damage to the guard gauge. Close ;c 1 hit canceled to EX Trigger can be repeated on a cornered opponent due to the frame advantage and lack of pushback. You can guard break someone very quickly if they don't act fast, and if you have at least 50% Drive, you can still land a strong combo after breaking their guard. In general though, K' can't really pressure people outside of the corner, so your goal with him should be to space the opponent and try to drive them into the corner quickly, either by landing a combo or just otherwise dominating them at midrange and pushing them back. Once there, you can use his close normals combined with well spaced Trigger usage to put the pressure on.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 06:42:19 AM »
The question at hand should be where the DP is happening (between the two  ;dn ;b attacks or between ;dn ;b and  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a or  ;c) and whether or not that reversal is being done on reaction. If you can reverse with DP on reaction, then we need to reassess our offensive approach. If the DP is a guess, then it's simply another way to bait people, since they're taking a huge risk by trying to DP out of a string which can be stopped early for no real risk.

Like I said  ;dn ;b ;b is not a Block String, they can interrupt you between the 2  ;dn ;b if they have a fast reversal or a invincible EX/Super/NEOMAX. But  ;dn ;b >  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a/ ;b is safe, that is a true Block String and any of their follow-ups too.

Of course is really hard to do a reversal during the  ;dn ;b ;b , but its possible.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:50:56 AM by DarKaoZ »

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
Ok but that goes back to what I was saying, if someone has to guess to DP out of  ;dn ;b ;b, then you can just bait them and punish. If I know someone is trying to uppercut out of my string, I'd just stop at  ;dn ;b and block. It doesn't hurt me at all ( ;dn ;b is +1 frames on block) and it's a huge risk for the other person to attempt.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2012, 09:39:31 PM »
Of course, you can bait them, but only if you know they are going to try it. I mean, I still think its really risky for someone to reversal during  ;dn ;b ;b, because that string is basically a frame trap. So unless the guy can reversal you consistently, then you should just bait him. Or if you want, do  ;dn ;b;dn ;df ;fd ;a/ ;b and you will keep him in a block string.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
I think we're pretty much splitting ends here. So it's useful knowledge against people like Kim, Terry, or Leona who can charge a reversal by holding down and hitting up. It's also useful to know if they actually start doing it. Everyone else; will probably rarely see.

I think any knowledge is useful knowledge, but we really need to work on our tools against other characters that are problematic.

I feel outside of the corner, K' has serious problems. His crossups are either hard or predictable. His usual BnB in midscreen is difficult as well off of a random poke. You can't just run up to somebody and hit d.B, Ein Trigger. You're just losing pressure or you're guessing. Hitconfirming off of 1 d.B is also hard. I feel we need a universal gameplan with our character. We realize his best combo potential is in the corner. He doesn't really have an overhead. What does a K' player need to know in order to fight effectively to push an opponent to the corner or to be successfully aggressive on an opponent.

I don't have a definite answer aside from a LOT of corner carry and punishing poor jump-ins/risky moves with a corner carry combo, but I feel that should be what we put our efforts into. With EVO around the corner, this is real important for showing K' is a strong competitor.

Are there any good safe-jump setups that K' has? And what's the best way for K' to keep the pressure on opponents?

Adding on to this: You can do d.B, d.B, qcf+A, f+B. If the fireball hit, you should be able to safe jump. Be wary of that because if the fireball doesn't hit, you won't have enough time to recover from the fireball and run at them. It makes it so you can footsie your way with someone antsy to reversal.

However, the timing is pretty tough. If they crouch, you'll likely whiff if they didn't do a reversal, but I'm fairly certain there's a window of timing where you'd hit them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:46:35 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »
Ok but that goes back to what I was saying, if someone has to guess to DP out of  ;dn ;b ;b, then you can just bait them and punish. If I know someone is trying to uppercut out of my string, I'd just stop at  ;dn ;b and block. It doesn't hurt me at all ( ;dn ;b is +1 frames on block) and it's a huge risk for the other person to attempt.

If you are putting pressure on an opponent expect them to commit to blocking, unless you leave gaps big enough for him to perform a reversal on reaction or if you are being too obvious with your stings. As far as I am concerned, its really irrational for someone to attempt to DP out of any  ;dn ;b ;dn ;b especially K''s.  
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2012, 10:50:06 PM »
I think we're pretty much splitting ends here. So it's useful knowledge against people like Kim, Terry, or Leona who can charge a reversal by holding down and hitting up. It's also useful to know if they actually start doing it. Everyone else; will probably rarely see.

I think any knowledge is useful knowledge, but we really need to work on our tools against other characters that are problematic.

I feel outside of the corner, K' has serious problems. His crossups are either hard or predictable. His usual BnB in midscreen is difficult as well off of a random poke. You can't just run up to somebody and hit d.B, Ein Trigger. You're just losing pressure or you're guessing. Hitconfirming off of 1 d.B is also hard. I feel we need a universal gameplan with our character. We realize his best combo potential is in the corner. He doesn't really have an overhead. What does a K' player need to know in order to fight effectively to push an opponent to the corner or to be successfully aggressive on an opponent.

I don't have a definite answer aside from a LOT of corner carry and punishing poor jump-ins/risky moves with a corner carry combo, but I feel that should be what we put our efforts into. With EVO around the corner, this is real important for showing K' is a strong competitor.

K' is still strong, but of course as powerful as he was in the arcade version the nerfs were hard on him. His neutral game suffered, now we have to rely more on EX Ein Trigger mid screen for BnBs. His Minute spike anywhere juggle has helped him cope with some of his nerfs but at "high" level play I have not really seen anyone take advantage of that.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »
I'm still not used to using EX Ein Trigger to confirm into combos. It just feels like a waste. But hitconfirming off of one B is hard ><.

Maybe we should step away from BnBs and combos, take this in a different angle. Instead of combos, lets talk about more unnoticed things about K' neutral game or movement. I think there are some characters that benefit a lot from moves that move them around or can be used to put them in bad situations.

Also, maybe some universal responses to hard problems. Like Joe has some pretty annoying corner pressure, there's barely any room to go out and good Joe's can put you in the stun combo if you mess up. I've found that EX Minute Spike is very useful here as well as EX Blackout. EX Minute spike has guardpoint on like the first frame of the move (Obscure, I know), but for tight blockstrings where you normally couldn't get out of them, this might be useful. EX Blackout is invinicble during the active frames of the move, but I don't think the start up is.

In neutral game, I noticed a lot of people use j.CDs to get in because they go unchallenged. K' has a pretty fast run and his low B ducks under some attacks. If you're feeling ballsy, you can d.B under someone's CD or really high jump (Benimaru for example) or run under them (cross under). If you cross under, timing the d.B is hard, you might have to use meter to confirm into a combo. My suggestion is to run under then jump back at them.

I think if we attack certain situations differently, we'll have chances to get in that weren't apparent before.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »
I think K has 2 easy ways to bring someone to the corner, without using meter.

1. j.HP/j.LK > c.LKx2 > ;dn ;df ;fd ;a + ;fd ;a if the fireball hits, it push the opponent really far.

2. j.CD >  ;dn ;db ;bk+K If you hit the j.CD you can definitely cancel to qcb+K or hop again and do qcb+K

Those are the best ways to do it, also throwing a  ;dn ;df ;fd+PP > ;fd+LK from mid-screen can be useful to get close or get someone off-guard with the speed of it.

Changing subjects, any tip on doing his instant slide after qcb+K? I do it by doing qcb+LKx2 really fast, but is obviously not the best way to do it, since its not consistent. Is there a shortcut for it? I been looking for one, but I don't think I have found it yet.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:01 PM »
I think K has 2 easy ways to bring someone to the corner, without using meter.

1. j.HP/j.LK > c.LKx2 > ;dn ;df ;fd ;a + ;fd ;a if the fireball hits, it push the opponent really far.

2. j.CD >  ;dn ;db ;bk+K If you hit the j.CD you can definitely cancel to qcb+K or hop again and do qcb+K

Those are the best ways to do it, also throwing a  ;dn ;df ;fd+PP > ;fd+LK from mid-screen can be useful to get close or get someone off-guard with the speed of it.

Changing subjects, any tip on doing his instant slide after qcb+K? I do it by doing qcb+LKx2 really fast, but is obviously not the best way to do it, since its not consistent. Is there a shortcut for it? I been looking for one, but I don't think I have found it yet.

I just do (Qcb+K)X2 at a relatively fast speed and it comes out. Same as you combo into it. Think of it as one motion. As far as I know there no known shortcuts.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2012, 12:27:11 AM »
I just do (Qcb+K)X2 at a relatively fast speed and it comes out. Same as you combo into it. Think of it as one motion. As far as I know there no known shortcuts.

That sucks, I wish there was a easier way to do it. If there was, then that could be a good way to get close to the opponent and if hit, then just do a dp or a EX DP.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2012, 12:31:55 AM »
For me what sucks the most is having to do   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a;dn ;df ;fd ;c outside of HD mode. I much rather have that than a buffer for Heat Drive.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »
For me what sucks the most is having to do   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a;dn ;df ;fd ;c outside of HD mode. I much rather have that than a buffer for Heat Drive.

Well that also sucks, really wish it was a simple as in HD mode. I wonder if they did something about K in Climax.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2012, 01:17:14 AM »
Based on what Ive read so far, no one has mentioned any changes for him. At first they said that they were going to make such shortcuts more lenient or in a way that would not interfere with other buffers. Something like that.