Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120766 times)

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2012, 11:16:25 PM »
Are there any mixups with K' that I should be using regularly? I was reading through the thread, and I couldn't really find a definite answer.

I'm gettiing a little bit frustrated in my K' play, mainly because I find that I'm getting too predictable. Eventually I realized that I don't have a lot of, if any, mixups. I do have frame traps, but my list of traps only go so far and the people I play with already recognize them properly and react accordingly depending on character. I honestly have no clue how what mixups K' has, and I've been in a slump in trying to find some. I find myself in the training room just staring at K' doing nothing lol.

Right now, my best character I feel is Mature, and that's because people have a lot of trouble predicting my play and movements. I honestly want my K' to be stronger than my Mature. I have a lot of pride in playing K', even going as far as to say that I want to be known for having a solid K' instead of a solid Mature. So if anyone can help me in learning mixups with K', I would really appreciate it!

~FM Sway

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2012, 12:47:02 AM »
His mix up game is pretty weak, but his pressure is much better. The best advice I can give is to keep hop pressure while alternating high and low attacks to keep your opponent guessing. Sneaking in throws will help. In the corner is pretty much where you will toy with your opponent. Other than that try to read your opponent's actions and act accordingly. Do not abuse Ein Trigger in your pressure since it leaves you at -5 (-3 for second shoot and -7 or -6 for shell). Although your EX Trigger alone is +11 and does great guard damage. Perhaps you already know all this.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2012, 04:57:09 AM »
Not something I dabble with, but his teleport can be used once or twice to confuse an opponent. It also can be used after an air reset to get behind the opponent.

An EX Blackout can get behind an opponent if you cancel it quickly from a anti-air st.A.

You can use it in between strings, especially EX Blackout, to get behind an opponent or test an opponents reaction.

FM Sway

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
I'll probably use the EX teleport every now and then. But it definitely feels like that's a mixup that'll only work once or twice a set.

Some things I feel I should be using more often are K's st.;a and st.;b. Honestly, all I use for his st.;a is to stuff hops, and his st.;b I think I should use more often because it offers movement. I'm beginning to feel like K', when outside of the corner, is more of a reactionary character. Somehow I don't feel comfortable getting in an opponent's face outside of the corner, and I wonder if it that's really K's game or I just lack proper pressure tactics to stay in their face. Maybe my block strings aren't too tight? Cause whenever I do some kind of block string, ending with Eins Trigger, I swear my opponents keep pressing buttons or mash specials out, and if I block, I'm just losing the pressure I worked so hard just to get.

Is Trigger to Blackout a viable mixup outside of the corner? I really tend to not use Blackout at all because it's so unsafe.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:46:01 AM by FullMetal »

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »
Anybody really mess around with the guard point on EX Minutes Spike? It can be useful against certain frametraps and long range pokes. With 50% Drive, you get some decent damage afterwards, along with nearly full screen corner carry. If you have another stock ready, you can do about 43% damage midscreen and nearly 50% in the corner.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2012, 08:27:10 AM »
Anybody really mess around with the guard point on EX Minutes Spike? It can be useful against certain frametraps and long range pokes. With 50% Drive, you get some decent damage afterwards, along with nearly full screen corner carry. If you have another stock ready, you can do about 43% damage midscreen and nearly 50% in the corner.

I have been trying to use it, but the range for the guard point is really small. I am having trouble pinpointing when it starts and ends so it's hard to decide where it works.

So far, a frame trap where you're both left at 0 frames, but they're about to do a faster move is an idea there. But the timing's tight.

For example, Joe's corner trap  st.A, f+B hcf+A is very tight and it allows him to recover before you can do anything. K' EX Minute spike will absorb the Hurricane and hit Joe.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
EX Minute Spike's Guard Point is almost NEVER use of that it's just too hard to use since it's only for a frame or two for 1 Guard Point

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
Yeah, I noticed the guard point was extremely short, but in certain situations you can sort of use it as an option select. Perform the motion and hold back, then press the buttons with the correct timing against certain frametraps where you can react to the attack you want to counter. Example would be against Kyo when cornered, one of the locals likes to run up and do a point blank close  ;c followed by a standing  ;d , which I have trouble with. But you can counter this trap on reaction with EX Minutes Spike, provided your timing is good.

capsuletoyco

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:02 AM »
hello, i am new to the forum and just had a quick question.

i am having issues connecting a 2nd Tk ex minute spike in trial 5. i can get it like once out of 50 tries, but i'm never paying attention when i do land it. i've watched the demo video countless times and have seen combo videos where the player will do like 4 of them in a row , even watched the players hands executing the trials from the vesper arcade video.

just wondering if maybe there is a trick to landing this that i'm not seeing.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2012, 08:38:46 AM »
hello, i am new to the forum and just had a quick question.

i am having issues connecting a 2nd Tk ex minute spike in trial 5. i can get it like once out of 50 tries, but i'm never paying attention when i do land it. i've watched the demo video countless times and have seen combo videos where the player will do like 4 of them in a row , even watched the players hands executing the trials from the vesper arcade video.

just wondering if maybe there is a trick to landing this that i'm not seeing.

You could probably buffer the motion and press the button late. See, the game holds inputs for a while so you can do the input and press the button for the move to come out. It's a bit tricky, but give it a shot.

capsuletoyco

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
the dummy always falls out after the standing A i buffer in the first minute spike super early and make sure i hold up back, i could just post a video fo what i'm doing maybe that will help.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »
the dummy always falls out after the standing A i buffer in the first minute spike super early and make sure i hold up back, i could just post a video fo what i'm doing maybe that will help.

I just did it. If you're trying to TK it off of a st.A, the timing's not super strict. What helps me is to slowly do the qcb, ub motion and press B+D as soon as K' retracts his hand from st.A.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2012, 11:09:52 AM »
There is another option, you can try doing  ;dn ;db ;bk ;bk+ ;b ;d instead of  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub+ ;b ;d

I find it easier to do the first one, just do it after K' hits the opponent with  ;a and input the command, you should have enough time to do it.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »
There is another option, you can try doing  ;dn ;db ;bk ;bk+ ;b ;d instead of  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub+ ;b ;d

I find it easier to do the first one, just do it after K' hits the opponent with  ;a and input the command, you should have enough time to do it.

Speaking of which, what's the practicality of doing a TKed EX Air Minute Spike off of a st.A in the corner? HD bypass?

capsuletoyco

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:50 PM »
i have defeated this stupid trail. thanks for the help guys, turns out i was tk'ing the second minute spike too fast causing it to just be a normal grounded one.

the practicality is probably something to that extent of what you said, but i wasn't going to let it beat me, i want to be able to do everything k' can do.