Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120799 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »
There is another option, you can try doing  ;dn ;db ;bk ;bk+ ;b ;d instead of  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub+ ;b ;d

I find it easier to do the first one, just do it after K' hits the opponent with  ;a and input the command, you should have enough time to do it.

Speaking of which, what's the practicality of doing a TKed EX Air Minute Spike off of a st.A in the corner? HD bypass?

Extend combos and make it look fancy? If you are going to HD Bypass and want to do a NeoMAX you will end up doing 4 bars in the end most of the time, unless you have the timing for dp > qcf+HP down then you can do it with 3 bars. Because as you know in a HD combo the qcf+HP  needs to hit the opponent quite low and if you succeed you just do f+HK and then NeoMAX.

I find it easier to just do this combo as HD Bypass:

;uf ;c or  ;d > ;dn ;b x2 > ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a > ;fd ;d > ;uf + (;b ;c ;d) (air CD HD Bypass) > EX Super > NeoMax

that does around 850 damage and is easy to do IMO.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »
There is another option, you can try doing  ;dn ;db ;bk ;bk+ ;b ;d instead of  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub+ ;b ;d

I find it easier to do the first one, just do it after K' hits the opponent with  ;a and input the command, you should have enough time to do it.

Speaking of which, what's the practicality of doing a TKed EX Air Minute Spike off of a st.A in the corner? HD bypass?

Extend combos and make it look fancy? If you are going to HD Bypass and want to do a NeoMAX you will end up doing 4 bars in the end most of the time, unless you have the timing for dp > qcf+HP down then you can do it with 3 bars. Because as you know in a HD combo the qcf+HP  needs to hit the opponent quite low and if you succeed you just do f+HK and then NeoMAX.

I find it easier to just do this combo as HD Bypass:

;uf ;c or  ;d > ;dn ;b x2 > ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a > ;fd ;d > ;uf + (;b ;c ;d) (air CD HD Bypass) > EX Super > NeoMax

that does around 850 damage and is easy to do IMO.

That's not a bad idea. I got the timing for the dp into fireball cancel in HD mode. Outside of HD mode, it's hard.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:24 AM »
Man... after playing some sets with my friend, I just wish K instant slide was safe on block. I mean, that would help his game a lot! But even on max distance is unsafe. =/

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2012, 04:30:12 AM »
If it was safe then that would make it too good. But I think its lame that it is -10 on block.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2012, 10:15:50 AM »
It's safe on block if you space it by the tip of the slide

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:35 AM »
It is still -5 on block if you hit with the tip.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »

It's pretty pointless even if it's -5 on block if you hit the tip. The issue is that you're too far away to punish with a normal to go into full combo. Aside from some far normals, it's not going to kill you to do it at the ideal distance. If spaced properly, you could still apply pressure.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »
really? well I'm lucky that no one punish me for it yet

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2012, 08:38:13 AM »

It's pretty pointless even if it's -5 on block if you hit the tip. The issue is that you're too far away to punish with a normal to go into full combo. Aside from some far normals, it's not going to kill you to do it at the ideal distance. If spaced properly, you could still apply pressure.

Ive been punished by some characters, maybe some players do not realize that you are unsafe.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »
Even if they don't realize you're unsafe, what can they punish you with? You're in far normal range. Aside from maybe some super punishes (like Andy's Zaineken), it's not practical to punish it like that.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »
Even if they don't realize you're unsafe, what can they punish you with? You're in far normal range. Aside from maybe some super punishes (like Andy's Zaineken), it's not practical to punish it like that.

A fast reversal is what Ive been hit with. Other than that nothing.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2012, 01:14:05 AM »

A fast reversal is what Ive been hit with. Other than that nothing.

Yup, I play against a Kim, he just needs to do EX Flash Kick. =/

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2012, 03:01:48 AM »
I know Iori can punish it with his EX DP, I belive it has 3 frames of start up.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2012, 06:00:14 AM »
Right, all of that uses one meter. Just like Andy's Zaineken. You can punish it with meter-based moves or supers, but it has to be on-point and you have to react to it immediately.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:25 AM »
Hey I have a feeling this question has been asked before and I don't want to search through the pages again but What's K's Dash frametrap? Like something to stop Ralf or Iori pressing buttons? Plus I realized that I don't have any frametrap set up in general with my characters