Author Topic: K’ (Console)  (Read 120831 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K’ (Console)
« Reply #255 on: November 09, 2012, 12:53:05 AM »
EX Chain Drive has anywhere juggle properties.

If you do minute spike into a narrow spike whiff, you're close enough to do st.A. St.A is special/super cancellable so you can quickly cancel it into EX Chain Drive which then allows you to juggle your opponent into the attack.

In terms of neutral game, A version recovers much faster. C version is active much longer. You can test this by how long it takes the flame to go away when neutralizing a fireball. You can be much more lax with doing C version Ein Trigger than A when it comes to that.

I also feel like it's better in a poke combo when you're trying to zone. Getting a knockdown is great, but when you're trying to play safe and poke people, C version Ein Trigger guarantees that you will get that fireball follow up in.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:00:20 AM by Reiki.Kito »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2012, 02:30:57 AM »
So you're making the minute spike whiff and then going into EX Chain Drive?

EDIT: Trying it out, that stand after minute spike is pretty hard to land. Do you know what I can do to time the reset or does it matter how fast I do Minute spike?

So far, I've gotten one rep in out of like five tries.

EDIT x2: I managed to get a pretty good rhythm going, I finally pinpointed where I need to do the combo. So far, the range on this is very surprising and I'm starting to like it more and more as a no-meter BNB. In the corner too, you can do d.A for an easier time at nailing the combo.

What I notice its that its easier to hit s.A after doing HK ver of Minute Spike instead of doing LK ver. That is why I wrote ;d instead of ;b. Also do Minute Spike slide just after hit, you need to hit the character the highest you can, so just do everything fast and just time s.A. In the Corner you can do c. HP to EX Chain if you want, is harder, but does like 20 to 30 points more of damage.

I learned about this while I was doing my combo video, but forgot to post it and then other games came, so yeah... time flew. But I don't tend to do it often, because its hard to land j.C > s.C, its easier for me to land j.C > c.Bx2. And as I said, if you are really good, you can HD Bypass Air Minute Spike after s.A to HDCombo or cancel s.A to HD and almost immediately do EX Chain to NeoMax. Both hard to do, but possible, still damn hard IMO.

The situations to EX Chain I wrote are all in my Combo video, except the HD Combos/HDBypass, since the combo video was about 1 HD Bar max usage and maximizing damage with that limit.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:35:49 AM by DarKaoZ »

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2012, 04:24:39 AM »
Hmm...weird, it's harder to do the combo starting with c.B xx qcf+A, f+D than it is with s.C xx qcf+A, f+D. It's like the the s.C starter lets them get launched higher than with c.B. It's still doable with c.B but the timing seems harder. I can do the s.C starter into HD bypass pretty easily actually.

I think what helps is if you button hold the minute spike so you get it out at the first possible frame then quickly cancel into the slide whiff then late s.A into the rest.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2012, 04:37:33 AM »
^ c.B push the opponent away, while s.C doesn't, that is why it doesn't work that well. Unless you are close to the corner, then you can start with c.B. Also if c.B is on point blank, which is hard to happen in a real match, specially in midscreen.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:51:06 AM by DarKaoZ »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
Yeah, the first hit of st.C has no pushback. Also, KaoZ, you should really give j.C, st.C a chance! I know how you feel, but I'm gradually trying it out in matches and I feel like I'm doing well with it.

I'm also feeling ballsy sometimes and sneak in a narrow spike after doing st.C, f+A if someone tends to block a lot.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2012, 07:05:15 PM »
So, was practicing the combo and also the HD variation. The farthest I could stick it without it dropping was about half-screen or a little past it. Any farther away and the HD Bypass after st.A into EX air minute spike won't hit.

But it's pretty good damage and useful after getting someone into the corner. I managed 716 with two bars, just finishing the combo with Chain Drive.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »
I feel like I'm the only person posting stuff up here! :-(

Anyway, this might be useful tool for people who are trying to learn how to do dp+A into qcf+C. Whatever method you choose to do doesn't matter, but the timing for it is tough as well as getting it consistently.

Here's something you can try in training mode, be sure to set infinite stock and drive: Start off by popping them up anyway you like. Do the combo once:
E.G: st.C, qcf+A, qcb+D, qcb+D (Whiff), dp+A [DC], qcf+C, f+D...

After you pop them up, do f+A as early as you possibly can. Immediately after, do EX Minute spike and cancel into EX Narrow Spike. Do the dp+A, qcf+C as quickly as possible.

In training mode, this is a loop. You can do this as long as you want because your drive and stock will replenish by the end of the loop. See how long you can go without dropping the loop. On my right side, I can do it about 3 times before I drop it. I can't do it approaching the left at all. So that shows I have to practice harder.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2012, 01:40:16 PM »
Well I haven't spend that much time on KOF13, life + lots of Games (on Vita now). I wish KOFXIII was on Vita, that would me awesome!

But I will try to see what else I can find with K, its hard to come up with new stuff when we have found most of it. There might still be some things there, but is hard to find them.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
I feel like I'm the only person posting stuff up here! :-(

Anyway, this might be useful tool for people who are trying to learn how to do dp+A into qcf+C. Whatever method you choose to do doesn't matter, but the timing for it is tough as well as getting
Here's something you can try in training mode, be sure to set infinite stock and drive: Start off by popping them up anyway you like. Do the combo once:
E.G: st.C, qcf+A, qcb+D, qcb+D (Whiff), dp+A [DC], qcf+C, f+D...

After you pop them up, do f+A as early as you possibly can. Immediately after, do EX Minute spike and cancel into EX Narrow Spike. Do the dp+A, qcf+C as quickly as possible.

In training mode, this is a loop. You can do this as long as you want because your drive and stock will replenish by the end of the loop. See how long you can go without dropping the loop. On my right side, I can do it about 3 times before I drop it. I can't do it approaching the left at all. So that shows I have to practice harder.
question why waste meter doing that combo at all? There are many ways to practice that combo while maintaining drive and power gauge meter. If he is going to practice it he should practice it in an HD combo since that is the only place that it will actually be used.
Or he should practice the motion solo (dp>qcf) so he can get used to doing it without making Mistakes then entering it into a combo.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »
Again, it's just a tool to practice the accuracy of your execution of this crucial piece of K' arsenal.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
Again, it's just a tool to practice the accuracy of your execution of this crucial piece of K' arsenal.

Again, so he should practice it solo to get the motion then start implementing it in combos. You don't start with combos that comes after you get the motions down.

Also K' isn't isn't very execution heavy not in the slightest. Every character requires accuracy or execution to some degree but k' isn't a character who absolutely requires you to be absolutely perfect with every motion or else you can't play him.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:43:49 PM by Crimson_King15 »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »
Sometimes you have to learn how to improvise your combos since you're never hit it the same way as you would in training most of the time.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2012, 12:27:07 AM »
I would say that K' requires a moderate amount of execution.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2012, 04:35:02 AM »
Sometimes you have to learn how to improvise your combos since you're never hit it the same way as you would in training most of the time.
I want you to know his has nothing to do with the topic at hand sir.lol

Also sanctuary I don't see what makes him so hard to use. Nest kyo requires just as much if not more execution than k'.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:38:32 AM by Crimson_King15 »

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2012, 05:37:02 AM »
I just noticed that I type this in the wrong section. Fail.