Dream Cancel Forum

The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)

Started by Kane317, August 18, 2010, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azunadrop

Quote from: marchefelix on September 27, 2013, 10:19:00 PMYou can't sweep someone after bringing them to their knees (crumble)?

Karate waited too long and missed the window of opportunity to hit Maxima.

Mr.Minionman

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on May 30, 2013, 10:33:22 PM
There is no such thing as "Trip Guard Anti-Air" people. Trip Guard doesn't exist in KOF which is why you can anti-air people with low profiling low attacks. Trip Guard means to GUARD the TRIP.

I made the mistake of saying this awhile back:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2194.msg54082#msg54082

So, please. Stop calling it "trip guard anti-air". We might front page this if needed.

I known that was wrong for awhile, but I'm not sure what else to call it. Does it even have another term?

desmond_kof

Some people say 'low profile' or even just 'trip anti-air' without the guard, lol.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Malik

Wanted to add this for awhile now
Kara CD:
Basically if you plink C~D (or vice versa), you get better range for the CD attacks. You can get max range by delaying the plinking by a bit (up to 4 frames).

Characters able to use it:
Ash, Mai, K', Raiden, Maxima, Mature
Benimaru (D~C)
Joe (D~C)
Hwa Jai (D~C)
Saiki (C~D)
Kula (C~D)
Takuma (C~D)
Chin (both C~D and D~C)
Ralf (D~C)
Karate (C~D)
Daimon (D~C)
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Running Wild

Mr.Minionman

so kara-cancelling moves that move you forward :P That reminds me, I was thinking about trying to implement double-tapping. Does anyone here use it for kof? Might be useful for lights, but I can't think of much else

TrulyAmiracle

I've only tried the karathing with Joe and Ralf, with Joe it does add range but its not very noticable. With Ralf he takes a stupid leap forward adding even more range to his insane CD reach o.O
Good find!
Its kinda obvious but it makes the CDs a tad slower, some frametraps i had with the CDs can get poked out for if I kara them, theyre useful in the neutral game though.

Quote from: Mr.Minionman on October 05, 2013, 01:32:53 AM
so kara-cancelling moves that move you forward :P That reminds me, I was thinking about trying to implement double-tapping. Does anyone here use it for kof? Might be useful for lights, but I can't think of much else

Juicebox double-taps everything, i remember he said its very useful for chains that need to be done quickly (reg Kyo's c.B c.B c.A). Its also useful for characters with Mash moves like Joe, Ralf, Clark etc.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

Malik

Quote from: Mr.Minionman on October 05, 2013, 01:32:53 AM

I double tap for a ton of chains/links involving  ;a's &  ;b's & when playing footsies when I want a specific button to come out so it's definitely useful.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Asica604

Hi guys,

Is there a way shortcut to HDC a DP into a HCB? I am trying to HD cancel Ryo's DP+A into HCB+D and finding it pretty difficult.

desmond_kof

Quote from: Asica604 on November 23, 2013, 10:55:57 AM
Hi guys,

Is there a way shortcut to HDC a DP into a HCB? I am trying to HD cancel Ryo's DP+A into HCB+D and finding it pretty difficult.

Honestly that cancel is rather easy by itself because all you need to do is just hit forward after the dp, then roll back for the hcb+D.

Maybe try hcb,f+A (shortcut for dp motion) then hcb+D?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Good Loser

For Keyboard User's having trouble with "qcf~hcb", try "qcf~qcb". Work's for me. (Saiki's Neo Max for example)

The Good Loser

Found a shortcut for Half circle! (  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk) Inward for example

Try quarter circle front-quarter circle back! ( ;dn ;df ;fd- ;dn ;db ;bk)

works both ways, but so far i didn't test it for Half Circlex2

As a keyboard user, half circle motions (x2) were the reasons to abandon chars like Clark maybe if i get it to work for the (X2) version, i can pick up more characters :D

Coffeeling

That's not news. The game (Steam & Climax Edition in Arcade) only asks for  ;bk ;dn ;fd to complete a half circle. You could easily simplify that into:
;fd, ;dn ;db ;bk

Doesn't work on console or old arcade version to my knowledge.

The Good Loser

Quote from: Coffeeling on March 18, 2015, 11:57:57 AM
That's not news. The game (Steam & Climax Edition in Arcade) only asks for  ;bk ;dn ;fd to complete a half circle. You could easily simplify that into:
;fd, ;dn ;db ;bk

Doesn't work on console or old arcade version to my knowledge.

How about Double Half Circle? I've been trying to get it to work but to no avail.