Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 259732 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2011, 04:01:07 PM »
So do we have a list of all the moves that can hit the opponent off a non-counter anti-air attack?

Off my head I have:

Elizabeth: DM qcfhcb+P
K': EX air qcb+K
Raiden: Level 2/3 Drop Kick
Vice: EX hcf+K
Takuma: EX fbf+P

Is there more?

Also Hwa Jia's ex uppercuts.

Does anyone think that the meter gain from special moves needs explanation, for example, Kyo's hcb+B/D. A whiff hcb+B/D builds meter 1 time, a blocked hcb+B/D builds meter 2 times, and a hit-confrimed hcb+B/D builds meter 4 times.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:03:36 PM by AmedoS310 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »
I don't know if it's known here so just in case, throws comes out in one frame, 10 frames to tech throw.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2011, 11:49:38 PM »
I don't know if it's known here so just in case, throws comes out in one frame, 10 frames to tech throw.

I didn't about that normal throws come out in one frame? I thought it was like 3, I did know about the 10 frames to tech, that's a pretty big window.l
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2011, 10:22:06 AM »
Normal throws have been known instant since the beginning.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »
So if they are 1 frame, that means I can grab Duolon after reka, reka, reka, teleport?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »
So if they are 1 frame, that means I can grab Duolon after reka, reka, reka, teleport?

Of course you can. I thought we knew this already lol

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »
Yeah I knew you could do it but the timing is a bit weird so it's something you have to actively look for.

Gonna throw in my own question here. I'm pretty much confirmed on this but I'm gonna ask just to be sure. Is it true that you can get "crossed up" in the corner still? When I was playing the other day and I was getting blown up for holding back in the corner. Jump in attacks were hitting even though I wasn't pressing buttons so I'm guessing you can get crossed up in the corner even though they land on the same side.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:46:11 PM by Demoninja »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »
Yeah I knew you could do it but the timing is a bit weird so it's something you have to actively look for.

Gonna throw in my own question here. I'm pretty much confirmed on this but I'm gonna ask just to be sure. Is it true that you can get "crossed up" in the corner still? When I was playing the other day and I was getting blown up for holding back in the corner. Jump in attacks were hitting even though I wasn't pressing buttons so I'm guessing you can get crossed up in the corner even though they land on the same side.

Yes. corner cross-ups have been in kof for a long time.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2011, 03:39:29 AM »

Well, after rekkas on block, Duo Lon doesn't have much choice but to teleport. I mean even if he could drive cancel into something else, you'd be in blockstun anyway so nothing would come out if you mashed a throw (bad idea if you have a mash special like Ralf or Clark though). You might as well anticipate the throw under those circumstances. Case in point: the teleport is after rekkas, it's not really something random you have to look for.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:50:37 AM by FataCon »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 21, 2011, 06:12:47 AM »

Yup, you can see me throwing b.a.l.a with Mai's normal throw here.  The's still something that I need to reconfirm but apparently since there are different speeds you can input the rekkas; for now it seems like if you do the rekkas at the fastest speed on block, teleport, you're apparently safe but I have to confirm this.  Done at a slower pace (think '98 Iori's Deadly Flowers rekkas), you can definitely be thrown.

Which brings me to a interesting point:  Does that mean block stun is actually stacked on to each other?  If said conditions are true, then the reason you, seemingly, cannot throw Duo Lon on the "faster" rekkas is because your blockstun is too "high" vs it being lower since there's a slight "cool down" between hits.

EDIT: Scratch that.  I watched an older video and you can throw him no matter what speed.  Considering that's his only true block string/special, that sucks for DL user.  :(

Well, after rekkas on block, Duo Lon doesn't have much choice but to teleport. I mean even if he could drive cancel into something else, you'd be in blockstun anyway so nothing would come out if you mashed a throw (bad idea if you have a mash special like Ralf or Clark though).

I'm not sure I'm comprehending this correctly, but if you're suggesting DL to [DC] into something else while blocking--he'd have to be in HD since you can't [DC] on blocking opponents normally.  

As for Clark and Ralf, just hold back and spam D instead of C.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:38:13 PM by Kane317 »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2011, 02:58:08 PM »

Is it P2 only like lots of older KOF games?

Anyways, if you're in HD mode and you die, do you lose all of it, or do you get some of the HD bar back? Not sure if this was already asked, sorry if it was.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2011, 03:46:17 PM »
Pretty sure you lose all HD mode if you die with it on. Even if you just started it during the hit that K.O'd ya.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2011, 07:37:14 PM »

Is it P2 only like lots of older KOF games?

Anyways, if you're in HD mode and you die, do you lose all of it, or do you get some of the HD bar back? Not sure if this was already asked, sorry if it was.
Pretty sure you lose all HD mode if you die with it on. Even if you just started it during the hit that K.O'd ya.

Yup, you lose your drive if you die in HD.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:46:36 AM by Kane317 »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2011, 07:40:35 PM »
I'm not sure I'm comprehending this correctly, but if you're suggesting DL to [DC] into something else while blocking--he'd have to be in HD since you can't [DC] on blocking opponents normally.  

As for Clark and Ralf, just hold back and spam D instead of C.

It was just a theoretical example, if you could, that it wouldn't hurt to be aware of the opportunity and attempt the throw regardless.

And good tip on Clark/Ralf. Totally forgot about D throws lol

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2011, 02:50:00 AM »
K' EX Minute Spike
Takuma's EX Kyoukugen Ko Ou
Maxima's Vapor Cannon, Double Vapor Cannon DMs, Ground CD, Far C, Close C, Crouching C, Far & Close D, & EX M19 Blitz Cannon

And Ralf's EX Burning Hammer I believe.

Question: Does stun damage ever suffer from any kind of scaling? It doesn't seem like it, but I wanted to check.