Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Gameplay discussion (All shortcuts on 1st page)  (Read 261443 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Systems/Technical/Gameplay discussion
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2011, 03:21:35 AM »
K' EX Minute Spike
Takuma's EX Kyoukugen Ko Ou
Maxima's Vapor Cannon, Double Vapor Cannon DMs, Ground CD, Far C, Close C, Crouching C, Far & Close D, & EX M19 Blitz Cannon

And Ralf's EX Burning Hammer I believe.

Question: Does stun damage ever suffer from any kind of scaling? It doesn't seem like it, but I wanted to check.

That's a good question.  I think it does not go down during HD combos or special modes like Ash's ABCD but I need to check about the actual scaling; I'm guessing no otherwise we wouldn't see so many stun combos.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:23:30 AM by Kane317 »

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2011, 03:43:32 AM »
Yup, you lose your drive if you die in HD.
Damn, it's not like MB's MAX where death gives you a bit back. :3
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:46:01 AM by Kane317 »
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2011, 10:10:19 AM »
I don't know if it's known here so just in case, throws comes out in one frame, 10 frames to tech throw.
Erratum it's 3 frames, i thought i cancel a move by the throw and it was just start frames. Sorry.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2011, 03:51:47 AM »
anyone know if they fixed the Takuma's wake up issue.
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2011, 03:53:02 AM »
anyone know if they fixed the Takuma's wake up issue.

Notes from yesterday say YES.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
talking about throws i dont know if this is a stupid question but how is it possible to run and then do a throw ? i mean in some vids it seems so fast that i think a punch would come out.u just need to go neutral and forward C or D ? or there is something that i ignore ? cause it seems sooooo fast sometimes

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
talking about throws i dont know if this is a stupid question but how is it possible to run and then do a throw ? i mean in some vids it seems so fast that i think a punch would come out.u just need to go neutral and forward C or D ? or there is something that i ignore ? cause it seems sooooo fast sometimes
Usually it's : ff,b+ ;c/ ;d
You must back to neutral before throw the opponent and you need a direction, so the easiest way is to put the stick on b. Moreover with kof13 system you can throw either side with the same manipulation.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2011, 07:51:47 PM »
Usually it's : ff,b+ ;c/ ;d
You must back to neutral before throw the opponent and you need a direction, so the easiest way is to put the stick on b. Moreover with kof13 system you can throw either side with the same manipulation.

kk thanks
;)

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2011, 04:24:23 AM »
Excuse me.. but will canceling rdp into qcf (e.g Kensou's rdp+P [1hit], [DC] qcf+P...) work with... rdp+P, f+P then follow up with qcf+ P?
or there's another shorcut for that? :)
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2011, 04:33:57 AM »
Excuse me.. but will canceling rdp into qcf (e.g Kensou's rdp+P [1hit], [DC] qcf+P...) work with... rdp+P, f+P then follow up with qcf+ P?
or there's another shorcut for that? :)

I don't get it why do you need a shortcut for rdp into qcf? The reason people use a "shortcut" for dp (DC) qcf is to avoid any overlap in inputs resulting in accidental supers.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2011, 04:34:40 AM »
Ohhhh.. I thought it's for making combos easieerr my baad! :))
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2011, 12:21:41 PM »
its so that you wont accidentally do  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 supers.

also i was wondering something about the console version. now with the change of hd mode NM costing only 2 super bars, anybody think it would be a good idea if NM would cost 3 superbars but no DC bar if done as a stand alone move or in non hd combos? i hate the fact that they are limmiting the use of NM for hd mode, it just costs too much if your not in hd to ever warant using it (unless its a punish that you otherwise couldt do, for instance kyo's NM full screen away to punish a fb etc). they are already asking for 3 stocks, why kill my dc bar to? its just not fair, its not like characters are stocked with dm bars all the time.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2011, 12:38:27 PM »
its so that you wont accidentally do  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 supers.

also i was wondering something about the console version. now with the change of hd mode NM costing only 2 super bars, anybody think it would be a good idea if NM would cost 3 superbars but no DC bar if done as a stand alone move or in non hd combos? i hate the fact that they are limmiting the use of NM for hd mode, it just costs too much if your not in hd to ever warant using it (unless its a punish that you otherwise couldt do, for instance kyo's NM full screen away to punish a fb etc). they are already asking for 3 stocks, why kill my dc bar to? its just not fair, its not like characters are stocked with dm bars all the time.

Because no one is thinking to be hit by a random NEOMAX that takes a lot of blood from the opponent. That's why most of the casts possess  EX Moves to go through Fireballs my friend.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
sup mr famous, i saw you in the mike ross docu when i was ff through it.

the kyo example was just an example btw. the problem wit the NM, especially for me, is i dont like hd combos. if i get an opening i go for ex moves and dc combos (thats what i will be doing, done it a lil on the pc but the shit runs fucked up with frame rates and such). if your doing combos and you wanna do damage you already have to spend dc or super bars, if your using a character like kim you probably have to use both (only way kim can save his DC is by using superbars,  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 +K and  ;fd ;fd ;a into  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b ;d.) without going into HD mode by using ex moves and dc cancels being able to go into NM combos from there would be a blessing imo.

the reason i think this would still be fair is simple. in hd mode its 2 bars for nm, your going to lose your hd bar none the less. now the moment you use NM hd bar runs out and the move comes out for 2 stocks. i dont think it seems such a bad idea that when not in HD mode you get to keep your dc bar but spend the 3 superstocks when not in hd.

btw, what did you think of the console version? you play it in evo?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »
If you don't wanna do full HD combos, but you want the cheaper Neomax, just do a normal-command normal (HD activate), Normal, Neomax. I know it still uses the HD bar, but I think it's worth it.

From my (Extremly limited) experience, I think it's quite alright that Neomax's take Full HD meter, just like it was alright that LDMs and HSDMs took modifiers like skill stocks, or low health. Some of these things are a SERIOUS game changer for those who know how to use them; You'd never wanna jump at Takuma or Hwa Jai again, and just about any approach/fireball/whiffed move on Maxima is hugely damaging. And forget doing ANYTHING that leave you open, when Kyo has his NM ready... Unless you're Leona. Baltic Launcher totally eats Kyo's flaming *Welcome to KoF!* invite, to my personal enjoyment.

Anyway, I shudder to think of the kind of combos people would come up with, if NM's didn't take drive cancel. 400 + damage NM into double Drive cancel juggle combos into EXDM / EX moves would get pretty ridiculous. Some characters like Takuma and Ash might even come up with double NM combos, if such a thing was a feature in the game.

EXDM's are plenty strong by themselves anyway. EX move into EXDM basically is a custom Neomax with many characters, and some EX moves make such large openings, that they don't even demand super-cancelling.

I have to say, I'm rather happy with the way the systems are set up now. It seems to allow you to get similiar damage in a multitude of ways, without making one blatantly more powerful than the next.