Author Topic: Tier List  (Read 73311 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tier List
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2011, 05:49:02 AM »

Clark:
Not very strong property-wise, but very easy to win with him.
I recommend him to new players.
Difficult to reverse momentum with him though.

I disagree with the assessment, and I'm totally biased ;) . Not strong property-wise? He is the only grappler with legit tick throws, autoguard command grab, etc. Really good overall normals. His standing D is his fastest poke with HD Bypass it's scary as hell.

I don't think he's easy. He's still a grappler, and they almost always have it tough. I will agree that he has the easiest Hyper Drive/Neo Max combo in the game though, but to do that 800 damage he needs at least 4 bars and if someone's zoning like crazy you kinda' have to spend one bar on an EX Charge Punch to get through the spam.

So long as he has a bar or two left he can win it, unless they want to Neomax Chip Kill him.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2011, 03:43:54 AM »

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2011, 03:52:47 AM »
Clark near bottom tier? Someone should introduce them to Bala.

The JP dudes really don't like Terry in this game it looks like. I find him to be solid, even in match vids you often see him give ppl a lot of trouble, this isn't a sign of a bottom tier character (though bottom tier doesn't mean as much in this game).

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:54:50 AM by Diavle »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2011, 03:53:32 AM »
I think they're trolling. Billy is low tier? Wha?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2011, 03:59:23 AM »
And this is why it's better to hold off on tier lists for the first two months...otherwise, someone say something about a character's mama and all hell breaks loose...wait...wrong speech...damn eggnog.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2011, 04:05:06 AM »
I think that the system per se gives even the low tiers had tools to look menacing

Still, since the game is fairly new, I just take it as how some players think that the chars could evolve in the future, since they had the game from the arcade, they could understand better the technologies attached to them

Still, from now tier list has not a big significance, but in the future, I think that will had even if some people are against them, but still, I found them good since I think that the big majority are not tier whores as people claim

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2011, 04:26:30 AM »
And this is why it's better to hold off on tier lists for the first two months...otherwise, someone say something about a character's mama and all hell breaks loose...wait...wrong speech...damn eggnog.

Cho mamma's so dumb she waives pop sickles around and calls it air conditioning.

FlyMike

• New Challenger
  • Meatball Sub
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »
Lol at that tier-list and the majority of the ones I've seen. None of them seem to make much sense or have any semblance of coherence among others. It's hard to tell what perceptions are the major factors in constituting the placements. So I predict most of them will be pretty laughable to me until after at least 3 more months or so.

And Terry rock-bottom? Get the fuck out of here.
Pimp hand, give me strength...

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »
The tier list we really need...is a canon tier list.
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2011, 12:59:26 AM »
Lol at that tier-list and the majority of the ones I've seen. None of them seem to make much sense or have any semblance of coherence among others. It's hard to tell what perceptions are the major factors in constituting the placements. So I predict most of them will be pretty laughable to me until after at least 3 more months or so.

There's quite a bit of disparity based on region.

Apparently Terry is S-tier in France.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »

Viva la Terrylucion!  Wait...I did something wrong here...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »

Post French Tier list please.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2011, 03:22:19 AM »

Post French Tier list please.

This is based on a recent cast by Dune where he cites that as being the case based on his collaboration with the  French KOF community through eLive.

I would like to see where they put everyone as well :|

Shiki Dan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2011, 12:39:37 AM »
S-Tier: Kyo, K', King, Kula, Andy, Yuri
A+: Takuma, Iori, Shen, Hwa Jai, Kensou
A: Elizabeth, Billy, Leona, Benimaru, Ash, Mature, Daimon
B+: Kim, Mai, Robert, Clark, Chin, Duo Lon, Saiki, Vice
B: Athena, Raiden, Ralf, Ryo
C: Terry, Joe, Maxima
Unrated: DLC characters

This is just my (very inexperienced) opinion. There's a lot of characters where I'm not really sure at all about at this point: Billy (his damage potential looks good but very situational) and Vice (seems very gimmicky but can dominate once she gets her game going).

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2011, 10:48:24 AM »
Why Terry considered as a low tier...??