Author Topic: Tier List  (Read 73269 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Tier List
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2012, 05:46:01 AM »
Yeah...but why exactly would you use a RED Kick against a grappler in a first place?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2012, 05:55:54 AM »
Going back to the Terry discussion, I don't think Terry is bad. He just doesn't have anything super good in comparison to the rest of the cast. A lot of his stuff is risky, too. I saw someone talking about using A Burn Knuckle to close space, but if someone neutral jumps when you do that, you're going to eat a full jump combo. I played a guy who used A Burn Knuckle a lot, and it's hard to punish when spaced right, but if you use it too much, you'll get countered for much more damage than what you're dealing with Burn Knuckles.

Overall, Terry is pretty underwhelming. He's easy to play and can do good damage. Outside of that, most of his tools just aren't that great when you compare them to other characters' movesets. It's just one of those cases where you'd have a hard time convincing someone to pick him over another character. He can still win, though.

Saitsuofleaves comment about tiers being irrelevant for us because we aren't high level enough is actually pretty important. Tier lists really only matter when players are at a high level of play and understanding. Everyone else would benefit more from just getting better first. Learn the game, learn your characters, learn the matchups. Then you can worry about tier lists.

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »
Hence Terry is low tier because he is underwhelming and he lacks some tools needed in desperate situations. He is solid yes but not solid enough to claim a top tier place. But that doesn't mean that you should retract from using him.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »
Sounds like we can determine how balanced the game is by looking at the number of Terrys placing in tournaments.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »
Unfortunately, KOF players will tier whore regardless of how balanced a game is.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
^

Somewhat. In my experience from playing 98 and 02 on GGPO most of the players, like 9 times out of 10  have at least one S tier character on their team and the rest are personal favorites. I should know from the many times I come so close to beating a Brazillian dude and I get OCV'd by Angel. :(
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
^^ This in a PS2 KOF2k2UM Tougeki Edition Casuals in my place my friends pick K', Kasumi and King some Namelesses are there you would be disgusted at the mirror matches. I use K' since he was my favorite in 99 onwards but since his dominance in 2k2UM and Arcade XIII I have abandoned him.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
^^ This in a PS2 KOF2k2UM Tougeki Edition Casuals in my place my friends pick K', Kasumi and King some Namelesses are there you would be disgusted at the mirror matches. I use K' since he was my favorite in 99 onwards but since his dominance in 2k2UM and Arcade XIII I have abandoned him.
K' is in a good spot right now in XIII though, I would not call anyone using him a tier whore. If someone had both normal Kyo and EX Iori, that would be the closest thing to tier whoring in XIII right now... but even then I don't think I would feel cheated if they beat me with those characters.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
There is no tier whoring in XIII right now period.  Don't even think, don't consider it, even as a fleeting notion.  Can't tier whore in something where a viable tier list does not exist at the moment and again, probably won't for another 3 months minimum.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »
The Tiers shuffle alot since everyone is good. There are general consent on who are top, like XIII Kyo, EX Iori and Saiki. But down the line it'll probably it'll probably change who know, those character were not like K(arcade) Raiden(arcade) and Elizabeth(arcade) whicn were top pretty much in the begining. I honestly don't care about tiers atm since I'm playing the majority of the cast. I see why people like Ash. He is pretty fun in a lame kinda way  :).
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
See, people always say general consensus, and yet it's still not the case but let's find out the case right now and poll people on who would be their top 3.  No other tiers, don't care about the other characters, just a poll on people's top 3 right now, tally it up and let's have an ACTUAL true consensus, because I'm tired of people throwing it out there like that when it's probably not the case.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2012, 08:49:56 PM »
No point to it really, tiers will be determined by the top players anyway.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »
I guess using consensus is a strong word for a few. Just read my above post as an opinion by a lowly member lol.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »
No point to it really, tiers will be determined by the top players anyway.

And top players will pick who they want anyway, so I'll repeat what I've said for weeks, FUCK TIERS.

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2012, 06:36:00 AM »
Top players play to win. They will pick anyone they believe is good and give them the most chance of winning. They don't just pick random characters that they happen to like just because they are good players and can play anybody.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:37:45 AM by Tikok »