Author Topic: Vice (Arcade Version)  (Read 47087 times)

Kgroove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Vice
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2011, 01:37:06 AM »
im not one to usually like when execution heavy chars/moves become generally easier, but that vice combo in the newest console change video made me orgasm a red skull

got so hype, i signed up for the boards..

(from far?)qcb+C, cl.D, hcf+BD, cl.D->D, BCHD, d.B, qcb+AC, qcb+A, hcf+D, qcb+C, hcfu d+A, qcbhcf+AC?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2011, 05:51:05 AM »
im not one to usually like when execution heavy chars/moves become generally easier, but that vice combo in the newest console change video made me orgasm a red skull

got so hype, i signed up for the boards..

(from far?)qcb+C, cl.D, hcf+BD, cl.D->D, BCHD, d.B, qcb+AC, qcb+A, hcf+D, qcb+C, hcfu d+A, qcbhcf+AC?

Welcome to DC Kgroove, that video is indeed impressive.  Don't forget to properly introduce yourself when you get a chance and go over the rules when you can!

---

First page has been updated with console changes.

Console changes:
- (shown in video) Strong version of Mayhem has le
ss lag. If you hit with the edge of it you can do a strong attack as a followup.
- (shown in video) Added a new chain combo D -> D. Only cancellable in HD mode.
- jump CD is faster.
- (shown in video) EX Mayhem has faster startup.
- (shown in video) Strong version of Decide can be comboed into the Strong version of Mayhem.
- EX Decide has less lag and is easier to followup with normal attacks.
- (shown in video) Splash (including the followup version) can be super cancelled into Overkill AFTER it hits.
- (shown in video) Overkill can be MAX Cancelled.
- Overkill’s command has been made easier. If the last input is in any downward direction it will register.
- Damage adjustments:
* Her f+A (when cancelled) does 45 damage (down from 70)
* Her Overkill does 200 damage (down from 220)
* Her EX Mayhem does 120 damage (down from 160)

Yamamoto – She’s received a number of damage nerfs, but in exchange she has a lot more combo opportunities making the nerfs not so noticeable. Her air game has especially improved with her jump CD, EX Decide can be used afterwards to follow up.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »
Can anyone recommend some pressure strings with vice?
I find it hard to open people up after a jump in.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
Can anyone recommend some pressure strings with vice?
I find it hard to open people up after a jump in.

Her Decide is her only really safe pressure-ender, so don't try using Mayhem shoulder rams to pressure, this generally leads to pain for you.

Hop A is generally a solid move to hit crouchers with (faster than Hop C, and has decent hitstun), and her crouching Bs into Stand B into Mayhem is a big threat. Basically making them wonder how many B's you're gonna hit with after a jump in, if you're gonna jump in or just straight forward dash -> Go into the low Bs, or zone with far B / Far C, or even possibly go into the overhead f+A (Dokken), or stop the hits, and run in and use her Command throw / Throw DM, are your mixups.

Cancelling into Splash (DP+A in this case) can also be an ok option, as it'll hop a sweep, and land her a slam, but it's risky. EX version on console should be LESS risky, but it could be worth it for getting that last hit of damage you need.

And of course, if you use a lot of hop CD to force them into strong blockstun, use that time to run your mixup game. Her Air CD is vital to her gameplay, and even the ground CD can be used for kara-motions, baiting reversals with it's long startup, or just being an overall nuisance.

It's a bit annoying, but practicing getting used to doing a quick dash into Gorefest (hcb,f+P) is quite important. She doesn't have the old hcf+a invincible command throw that she had in older KoFs, so you need to rely on Gorefest more than ever. It's motion can crossup with the DP shortcut that's use for Splash, through, so learn to press up-forward rather than simply forward, when doing the move, to keep this from happening.

Keep all this in mind, while remembering the power of EX Decide, and you should have your opponents falling into your traps in no time:)

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2011, 03:38:51 AM »
thanks alot for the above advice btw
I completely forgot.

Heres a tutorial for Vice by Cristina
ON Show 23 KOF XIII workshop vice
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »
thanks alot for the above advice btw
I completely forgot.

Heres a tutorial for Vice by Cristina

Very Nice,

This gives me more of an well broken down idea of how her play-style is visually aside from studying matches with her in them. Only been able to play her once in XIII, Cant wait! and thx.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:01:28 AM by biggdaddycane »

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2011, 04:01:40 AM »
No prob dude
She's probably my fave character from the whole series

Cant wait to man handle( ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk  ;fd;c) dudes online with mah bitch  :)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:03:21 AM by milesw »
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2011, 07:27:13 AM »
No prob dude
She's probably my fave character from the whole series

Cant wait to man handle( ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk  ;fd;c) dudes online with mah bitch  :)

Lol shit mines too every since 96', then really started to play her seriously in 98.

What I like about 13 is her Decider brings the opponent closer instead of tossing them. Makes it very hard to run from her or do any unsafe moves to her at a certain range. Then they have to deal with her command grab. She's vicious

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2011, 12:37:19 PM »

what bchd means ? nad what is different from normal HD ?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2011, 08:59:46 PM »

He just meant press BC or activate HD.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »

He just meant press BC or activate HD.

oh ok i was like ufff anytime i think i learned all the abbreviations a new one comes out !!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2011, 11:30:15 PM »
Yamamoto was right, her AIR CD is Really good, also she has lots of options to make good combos, this is a character who got a good buff imo

Waifu Material

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »
Yamamoto was right, her AIR CD is Really good, also she has lots of options to make good combos, this is a character who got a good buff imo

Yeah, Ex Mayhem, j.CD, Ex Decide is a nice little addition.

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
I'm really looking forward to playing around with her. I got a buddy who is MMing me in Vice mirrors. He claims he's gonna take her from me. Even though this is his frist time really using her while I've been using her since 96'. Well, 50 extra dollars in my pocket. lol

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
KoF Almost-Noob here (This is my first KoF game but I've been playing catchup), put together a HD Combo for Vice:

The King of Fighters XIII: Vice HD Combo - 1006 Damage

You can also replace the sweep with j.CD if you like being all fancy, same damage.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:11:49 PM by Mienaikage »