Author Topic: Vice (Arcade Version)  (Read 47065 times)

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Vice
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »
I tried out Vice today, she is one deadly character and her jump CD is GOD!

Comboing into her Overkill can be tough.

Yeah, she is pretty much the best grapple character in the game.

I like her too but I wouldn't say she's the best.  Goro and Clark are pretty damn good.  At best, she's as good as Clark (but that's a tad optimistic), would probably edge out since he has better normals overall and two command throws with different uses.

In other news, when I finally get around going through 3.5hrs of filming, we'll upload Reynald's new Vice which is pure delight to watch.

At this point she looks way better than Goro or Clark, better combos and options. Hopefully you can prove me otherwise with your vids or the coming tourney.

Yeah that's what I mean is that she can combo into throws way better than Goro or Clark and she is more successful at landing special throws than Goro or Clark since their throws, even their DM's, gets stop in their tracks so easily. So Vice is the way to go.

Yeah, Reynald's Vice is a monster.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »
a few things to notice from my playtime with her:

c.C works great as an anti-air, especially if you're trapped in a corner. in my experience, it'll win or trade against most air normals, though i'm guessing it's terrible for crossups.

i used to use j.D as an air-to-air,  but it's really slow to come out. only works well if you anticipate a jump. use j.B instead since it has quicker startup, but be careful, since i think it doesn't have that many active frames.

for a jump-in, j.C is your choice, though the range is kinda poor so make sure it lands deep off a hop.

j.CD is indeed pretty good since you can EX decide into whatever afterwards. it's only really good for mid-range air-to-air. up close, you're likely to get knocked out of it before it even comes out.

EX mayhem has pretty good invincibility on it. though it loses to projectiles, i've never had it lose to normals and it broke through a lot of specials. plus, it has decent follow-ups.

decide has good range and, on a solid knockdown, is a good tool for keeping opponents defensive on wakeup. i'm not really sure if anything is linkable from a B decide, but you all know how well the EX version works.

i haven't tried anything with gorefest, so i couldn't tell you if it leads to any good follow-ups. should probably test it. the EX version has good range, but you're better off spending that meter on and EX mayhem/decide.

all that said, i still play a terrible vice since i didn't get to training mode her and i hardly did any research beforehand. only reason i'm adding these notes is because outside of her moveslist, there isn't much detail in this thread. i'd make more notes about her other normals, but i'm lazy and i probably should test more so i have a better handle on properties and whatnot. i hope she gets explored more, cause she's a pretty fun character to use if you're patient.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 10:50:42 AM »
I recorded like 3.5hours on Thursday night of us playing (just going thru all those matches is going to take forever).  Reynald recently picked up Vice and he was tearing it up so I'll try to highlight some of his matches.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 03:01:35 AM »
looking forward to it

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 11:28:46 PM »
Ok, so we KNOW Vice's EX Decide has anywhere juggle properties, right? And Gore fest, traditionally un-comboable afterwards, leaves them in the air after it... is it possible for an anywhere juggle not to catch off it, as well? Could you possibly hop back, and then do EX Decide? Do they fall too fast, are they too close, or is this one situation where SNKP just ensured that NOTHING could happen at all?

If anything, I'd imagine Splash would make a dangerous mix-up option after the Gorefest knockdown, especially when it's fixed and without possible character-freezing glitches.

That also begs the question, is normal Decide a good way to catch backrollers? Or would it be easily blocked out of roll recovery?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 01:50:17 AM »
Ok, so we KNOW Vice's EX Decide has anywhere juggle properties, right? And Gore fest, traditionally un-comboable afterwards, leaves them in the air after it... is it possible for an anywhere juggle not to catch off it, as well? Could you possibly hop back, and then do EX Decide? Do they fall too fast, are they too close, or is this one situation where SNKP just ensured that NOTHING could happen at all?

If anything, I'd imagine Splash would make a dangerous mix-up option after the Gorefest knockdown, especially when it's fixed and without possible character-freezing glitches.

That also begs the question, is normal Decide a good way to catch backrollers? Or would it be easily blocked out of roll recovery?

Some good questions, maybe we'll test it out next time. 

In other news, metaphysics managed to bug me twice yesterday after I was Splashing around; both time he won due to having more life than me.  Bastard hehe.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 04:33:41 AM »

Splash is a very good mix-up... but I would suggest only doing it when the opponent is in the corner. It's a very risky move in mid screen, even with a strong offense.

Decide is a good use to move to catch backrollers because even if they do block it, you're safe. I might actually start using Decide just for that. Thanks for bringing it up!
PSN- MrGreen-AI

krazykone123

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 06:27:53 AM »
Decide is a good use to move to catch backrollers because even if they do block it, you're safe.

Some quick questions

Does EX Deicide work on guard cancel rolled opponents?

And whats the input for super canceling the Splash after Mayhem? I'd assume you would buffer the Overkill right away but I'm not 100% sure

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 07:11:19 AM »
Decide is a good use to move to catch backrollers because even if they do block it, you're safe.

Some quick questions

Does EX Deicide work on guard cancel rolled opponents?

And whats the input for super canceling the Splash after Mayhem? I'd assume you would buffer the Overkill right away but I'm not 100% sure

I believe it's, qcb+P --> hcf~uf+P, --> u~d+P  but Reynald can comment on that since he does it all the time.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 07:55:11 AM »
Cool, thanks for the testing, Kane! And l2slythe, thanks, and glad to bring up an idea!

Always feel a bit bad watching Vice's whom you know are avoiding Splash use by itself; useful in the corner, eh? Cool, I'd think it'd be kinda dangerous there, so that's interesting to hear.

Interested to hear about the EX Decide "?" of Krazy's, too.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 09:32:30 AM »
I believe it's, qcb+P --> hcf~uf+P, --> u~d+P  but Reynald can comment on that since he does it all the time.
That is correct.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong l2slythe, you pulled this following combo off last night:

-(anti-air) s.A, Ex hcf K, s.D, f.A, Ex qcb P, s.D, Ex hcf K, s.D, f.A, HD --> continue

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »
yeah wtf was that!? he landed it on me lol, I was like, REALLy!? What!? HD MODE!?
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
yeah wtf was that!? he landed it on me lol, I was like, REALLy!? What!? HD MODE!?

Oh was it you, I'll correct my post in socal, I thought it was on John.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »
well he could of done it more than once but at the very least he did do it on me
" you fight well in the old style"