Author Topic: Greetings from MD  (Read 1631 times)

zenmetsu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Greetings from MD
« on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:51 AM »
Hey all, just joined the forum and thought I'd say hi.

A little background on me:  I'm a 29 year old dude living in MD, working in DC.  I love fighting games, and have probably played every fighting game of note at least casually.  Back in college, I played a hell of a lot of 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear XX, and KOF2001.  I'm not terribly good anymore, cause there's no real scene around here, and of course I don't have as much time to play.

In any case, KOFXIII is really good.  So good, in fact, that it's giving me flashbacks to the 'good old days' of playing 2001 with my old crew.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from MD
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:18:20 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel zenmetsu, it's a pleasure to meet you and it's nice to see you get into 13 .
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:32:08 AM »
Welcome to DC!!! I'm a B-more native, and growing up, there wasn't a scene in my area. Sadly, I ended up moving and later finding out about Xanadu Games... Have you been there?

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 07:58:10 AM »
Yo, Zenmetsu! Wow, rare to find a fan of KOF 2001. But to each his own! Hope you like DC.

By the way, based on the avatar I gotta ask, do (or did) you own a NeoGeo Pocket?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
Hey welcome to DC!

I loved the team creating in 2k1 myself - great concept. In the end it developed into 2man teams for just about all the tourney players, but good game.

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »
Hey! Other people play fighting games in MD? Where you guys been hiding at?
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.