Author Topic: Hello all.  (Read 1613 times)

skillz08

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hello all.
« on: December 24, 2011, 01:16:41 PM »
Hey everyone,

I am new to KOF and was told that this site is the best place to go in order to learn the game. KOF really caught my attention when I saw kof 12 for the first time; the visuals, the music, the gameplay the unique characters etc. I instantly became hooked, and I highly considered buying the game. Then I heard everyone saying how bad it was, and that it was the worst kof ever made, and how it never existed lol, so I didnt end up buying. So when 13 was announced I was excited because everyone said that it was going to be great. So I did end up buying 13, and I can tell you right now it was a great investment. This game feels so fresh and unique. My main game is ae 2012, and I have also been trying to take marvel seriously as of late, but these game are starting to get stale to me. For my first team in Kof I was going to use Yuri/Robert/Takuma in that order, but now I have had a change of heart and want to use Billy/Ryo/Robert. Just wondering how you guys feel about that team.

~Thanks

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum and the world of KOF (and Happy Holidays too).

Sounds like you've got a good team with either setup; problem is that pretty much every character in this game feels good and viable (haven't gotten to AE'12 and UMVC3 yet, but I get the feeling you can literally get a win with any character and multiple tactics from XIII moreso). One thing I'd pay attention to is what makes every character special. Billy with long range and great lk pokes, Ryo with great parrying and fireball spacing, the list goes on with any character. And if you're any fan of grapplers, you've come to the right game.

Overall, have fun exploring!
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

TKO SUPA (EXDP)

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
Hi I'm also new to this site, I have my own but love to support every KOF site there is out there and this one seems to be doing an amazing job! keep it up guys :D Skillz you team is nice tbh even your first choice was really nice esp the order :) I'm currently using Benimaru, EX Iori and Ash but I'm also a big fan of Athena so I use her from time to time.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 04:12:23 PM »
Welcome to you TKO SUPA. Love the work EXDragonProject does, and glad you guys visit here too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

p___a__i__n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 10:55:08 PM »
Hello there every1 im new to the KOF series myself,KOF XIII is my 1st game
my friends recommended that I join this site so here I am hope I can make alot of new friends here and get alot of help aswell.
Although I know a good amount of stuff in KOF since ive been grinding it like crazy the last 2weeks I still consider myself a newbie.
Looking forward into this community this game is too great to let go by
its been awhile since ive had this much fun with a game brought so life back into,started to get bored of the other games I played haha.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »
Hey skillz08, TKO SUPA (love watching your matches on stream), p___a__i__n,

Welcome aboard!

skillz08, your team?
Heh, I fear any team with Billy on it :)
I think it's a well rounded crew, Robert's got lotsa tools and Ryo can do some pretty darn good damage if you can leverage his EX Hienshippukyaku into HD combos well.