Author Topic: HD Mode Activation  (Read 4032 times)

Sikemopko

• New Challenger
  • Are You Okay?!?
    • View Profile
HD Mode Activation
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:03:26 AM »
okay so here is my problem with it, i am new to KOFXIII having only played it on console so activating HD mode is still making me a little crazy.  I have played previous kof's and never had a problem like this.  Anyway, when i activate with shen woo, st.c f.b HD, sometimes shen will auto dash, other times he will automatically do another st.c, and rarely he will do a st.b.  Am I activating HD incorrectly? Why is it inconsistent?  Also i play on a TE stick with the four button setup, all other buttons turned off.

I did some searching through the forums and could not find an answer. PLEASE HELP!!! Consistent activation is all that is keeping me from my fatal combos
XBL Gamertag: Sike Mopko

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: HD Mode Activation
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:25:41 AM »
The dash is automatic.

Its probably how you are activating it I guess. I play on a pad so I don't know if its specific to you but when you time the activation differently sometimes attacks come out.

My best bet is to let the dash happen since it will be easier to confirm into another st. c

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »
Your character will dash ONLY if you cancel the active frames of the normal move you were doing.
If you don't cancel the move, you don't have a dash.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Sikemopko

• New Challenger
  • Are You Okay?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:26:20 PM »
Okay I will try again today after work, I want to dash every time as it sets me closer to the opponent. Maybe I am activating HD mode late and getting a stand c instead

EDIT: I was activating way too late I get auto dash every time now thanks guys

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:10:41 AM »
Thank you SO much for asking this question. I would delay HD mode activation with King's df+D to use it as a hitconfirm, and I'd occasionally get st.C into of a dash.

Now I know why! Cheers  :)
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Nate4u

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »
It's been a couple weeks since anyone posted on this topic but I really wanted to add something.

Last week I was having trouble with this too, I play on a regular ps3 controller.
I was really getting anoyed with the automatic st. C that were coming out when I tried to active HD from a cr B, and then I understood why the st C was coming out (sometimes even st. B).
Here's how I believe it works: Any move that has really short "screen freeze", like light attacks, can use the HD to automatic link a st. C or st. B after the activation. What happens is that you "plink" the activation while cancelling a light attack and the first attack you pressed in the plink will automatically come out after the activation. I started using this for kensou and billy to do with more ease my links to HD combos.

If your problem is that you don't want any of these moves to come out, you're not pressing B and C at the same time. Just don't plink and the dash will come out.

Sikemopko

• New Challenger
  • Are You Okay?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 12:58:32 AM »
It's been a couple weeks since anyone posted on this topic but I really wanted to add something.

Last week I was having trouble with this too, I play on a regular ps3 controller.
I was really getting anoyed with the automatic st. C that were coming out when I tried to active HD from a cr B, and then I understood why the st C was coming out (sometimes even st. B).
Here's how I believe it works: Any move that has really short "screen freeze", like light attacks, can use the HD to automatic link a st. C or st. B after the activation. What happens is that you "plink" the activation while cancelling a light attack and the first attack you pressed in the plink will automatically come out after the activation. I started using this for kensou and billy to do with more ease my links to HD combos.

If your problem is that you don't want any of these moves to come out, you're not pressing B and C at the same time. Just don't plink and the dash will come out.
It seems to me that to get a dash you need to cancel the active frames of an attack, but to get a stand c or b you need to activate the recovery frames of the normal. I can now do my hd mode activations flawlessly always getting the desired result

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 09:04:58 AM »
This topic is covered over in the HD bypass section.