Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 58924 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2011, 04:24:12 AM »
you could be right, think it was in the tech vids? anyways what we said can still be taken as a general rule though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2011, 09:14:49 AM »
down .b ,st.b , into buster wolf does 220.* easier to hit confirm while buffering the shortcut.
down B , st B into ex knuckle does 202 which takes a little more execution but can be dropped if not timed correctly. I suggest using Ex knuckle depending where you want to be/place your opponent!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »
ex knuckle is dc cancelable, bw isnt. bw is maxcancelable, but only in hd mode.

Precisely.  This is also a general rule of Ex vs DM.  Ex Specials usually allow you to do further damage by DriveCanceling, DM are for quick damage unless used in HD for MaxCancels.  Ex Burning Knuckle is 160 dmg and Busta Wolf is 90+90.

Yeah, I know EX Burn Knuckle is cancellable, but the way Mr.KOF suggested it made it sound like it was one of the better BnBs without DCing it.

It's definitely a good move, and one that I need to use more often. I was trying out some combos in practice mode, and had a lot of trouble following EX Burn Knuckle up with anything.

The problem was that the move places Terry on the other side of his opponent, but the position isn't good for Crack Shoot. DCing into B Crack Shoot connects, but the opponent is too far away for EX Rising Tackle. DCing directly from EX Burn Knuckle to EX Rising Tackle is really weird. Outside of the corner, the EX Rising Tackle no longer pulls the opponent in. It hits only a few times and they get hit away. I didn't know that could happen.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2011, 04:33:41 PM »

- (back to corner) st. X  df+C / cr. X1~3 st. B, qcb+AC, (DC) d~u+C, (DC) qcb+AC, qcb+D, d~u+C

any numbers for his combo? also after the crackshoots, it looks like EX/normal powergeyser wont combo, same for light and EX burning knuckle. is this true (meaning only RS and BW any versions will combo after it)?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2011, 05:02:58 AM »
Hey, does anyone know the timing for the cancels? For example, what time should I do df.C and when do I cancel that into burning knuckle? I am missing the input and its a leading cause to not getting my free damage.  Also how do you deal with a blocked C. I might have asked before, but I really don't know what to do if my string is blocked. Can be any varation leading into df. C. Thanks for the help!

Also, kind of specific, but what does Terry have for K' hate. I'm getting trolled by this guy who's playing K' and he'll do his D version of ein trigger where he'll pop people in the air. For a while, that'll be all he'll do until he gets aggressive and starts hopping at me. I'll spam standing A, but it won't always hit and I'll eat it and maybe a full combo. This is a general question, I know, but you guys have been very helpful in the past.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:10:33 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2011, 10:27:43 AM »
Hey, does anyone know the timing for the cancels? For example, what time should I do df.C and when do I cancel that into burning knuckle? I am missing the input and its a leading cause to not getting my free damage.  Also how do you deal with a blocked C. I might have asked before, but I really don't know what to do if my string is blocked. Can be any varation leading into df. C. Thanks for the help!

Also, kind of specific, but what does Terry have for K' hate. I'm getting trolled by this guy who's playing K' and he'll do his D version of ein trigger where he'll pop people in the air. For a while, that'll be all he'll do until he gets aggressive and starts hopping at me. I'll spam standing A, but it won't always hit and I'll eat it and maybe a full combo. This is a general question, I know, but you guys have been very helpful in the past.

df.C will not combo majority of the time if you're ot properly spaced right i front of the opponent. It'll whiff like Andy St.C forward A string due to improper spacing/situation. If you want max damage i suggest you use St.D to df.C for a higher output damge combo. Just make sure you're inside/close to the opponent. The reason you're Eating a K' combo is because you're not poking the person out of the air correctly. If you whiff a move such as st.A or even Df.C of course you're going to eat it. I'd say be more precise or dont do it at all. Your safest bet would be an EX rising tackle.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2011, 06:46:54 PM »
You are right, it's much easier to do that starter, but you can block st. D, df. C standing. That's not going to be easy/safe unless I cancel it into something like power wave. Do I have to be really close to do something like d.B, d.A, df. C --> as a combo starter or do I have some wiggle room with it?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2011, 05:55:28 AM »
is the normal rising tackle still as godly as the 97 version, with all those autoguard/invincibillety frames on it? i could be mistaken but it looked like terry RT got beaten/traded with a jump in, unless i saw it wrong, which i hope i did.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2011, 06:34:44 AM »
It doesn't have autoguard. As for invincibility, I'm not sure.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2011, 09:01:11 AM »
The rising tackle is still great as an anti-air. It won't trade at all if timed correctly. Just don't do it on your wake up if they started the jump in during close quarters.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:37 PM »
Just don't do it on your wake up if they started the jump in during close quarters.

explain?

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
Just don't do it on your wake up if they started the jump in during close quarters.

explain?

I think he means Rising Tackle has a few startup frames where he's not invincible and therefore would get hit by a jump in attack.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »

explain?

I think he means Rising Tackle has a few startup frames where he's not invincible and therefore would get hit by a jump in attack.

Actually they'd be able to empty jump over the rising tackle on your wake up in the corner.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2011, 01:58:39 AM »
can they safe jump both light and strong versions? the EX versions looks like it might ba able to catch safe jumpers though. probably?

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2011, 10:57:15 PM »
My version of the Terry 100%, trying to cram as many knuckles in as I can

It's only 997 though..still more knuckles, more fun!